Author Topic: Bentham "survived by a teenage son"?????  (Read 3353 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Bentham "survived by a teenage son"?????
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »
I've found out that there was a supposedly "leaked" copy of the obit posted on the Fuselage that had supposedly come from an inside source there. It was that one that mentioned a teenage son. (And called the deceased John Latham) It has been pretty much discounted and that's why you don't see it listed in the articles about the clipping.

Thanks CC for fact-checking (as always!  ;D btw I love your recaps. You should write the "Lost Untangled" things, you'd make them so much better...).

That being the case, I'm glad tptb have been true to what we've deciphered from the article so far. Hopefully tonight we'll see if the rest of the story fits with it.

why thank you! I'd love to work on the Lost Untangled if only because they seem to know in advance whats going to happen. They were a lot funnier, tho, when they were just on YouTube. I don't even get the joke on the couple that I've seen during "Life on Mars."

And yes, lets all hope that tonights epi puts all this speculation to rest. I don't care what the answer is at this point, I just want to know it. lol.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:55 AM »
ok ok ok i retract my statement respectfully... but i have another theory. kinda weak but still.... anyone think Abbadow is Walt? right as walt walked up abbadow slipped away and right when walt walked away... bloop... theres abbadow again... maybe with how "special " walt is he'd sense it.. or maybe if he makes a memory with a younger self... again with teh ability soemthign woudl happen... ? again i coudl be wrong, but this woudl onl be 2 strikes on one thread.. lol... what you all everybody think?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 02:39:31 AM »
we haven't seen the whole story yet! don't retract so fast.  :-\

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »
oh .. i agree we havent.. but just thrwing out theories that are swarming my mind right now.  or do u mean you literally ahvent seen it yet? cuz i saw it 6  hours ago lol

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »
lol, no I saw it. I'm just saying don't retract your survived by a teenage son thought yet because we could still hear something about that. maybe they made up a story for some reason. or maybe it really wasn't canon. but there is more story to go so wait and see.  ;)

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »
ok ok ok i retract my statement respectfully... but i have another theory. kinda weak but still.... anyone think Abbadow is Walt? right as walt walked up abbadow slipped away and right when walt walked away... bloop... theres abbadow again... maybe with how "special " walt is he'd sense it.. or maybe if he makes a memory with a younger self... again with teh ability soemthign woudl happen... ? again i coudl be wrong, but this woudl onl be 2 strikes on one thread.. lol... what you all everybody think?

This theory has been mentioned a few times, and I just don't see it coming true. For one thing, based on what you said about him disappearing, I saw Abbadon leaning against the car watching Walt and Locke while they talked. Also, they just don't speak similarly. Obviously any number of things could happen in a man's life to make him change how he speaks, like just taking diction lessons or purposely trying to disguise hi voice, but... I don't know, I just don't think Abbadon = Grown Up Walt.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 05:44:07 AM »

This theory has been mentioned a few times, and I just don't see it coming true. For one thing, based on what you said about him disappearing, I saw Abbadon leaning against the car watching Walt and Locke while they talked. Also, they just don't speak similarly. Obviously any number of things could happen in a man's life to make him change how he speaks, like just taking diction lessons or purposely trying to disguise hi voice, but... I don't know, I just don't think Abbadon = Grown Up Walt.

ill have to watch it again .. and i will and reply after i do... but i dont recall abbadow in the same scene, but reguardles... thinking about it more... i still think the same that abbadow is grown up walt... i mean just give it a thought for a second... i know abbadow is creepy but even through the creep theres soul... which all us lost fans have seen in many a creepy guys... nathan, ben, widmore.. all creepy but they have souls and we've seen it... so my point is... just think for a second all locke did for wwalt from day 1. always that STRONG kinship... a connection. to walt ... lock is the only one who "understands" him... then they were seperated... walt is special.. has dreams of things to come... walt grows up... uses his "specialness" to find a way to get back and help Locke.... now... think for a second seperately about Abbadow... how he talks, and trats locke... with such admiration, respect... looking out for him at all costs to "get him where he is supposed to be". at all costs... even his own life.. which he knows locke must do as well.

my side is that in the world of LOST nothing is certain... look at the facts... i can admit my blindness tot he fact i ACTUALLY believed Locke.. or Bentham.. actually hanged himself out of self sacrifice. til i saw the epi. and id liek to hear and see where anyone thought otherwise, so my Walt/ Abbadon theory is very plausible concidering the facts i stated... but hey its LOST... Nikki and Palo were supposed to be NEW GREAT ADDITIONS to the cast.. pffft!!! hahahahahahhahaha... ok im seriously open to other sides, just like to debate... let me know whats up

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »

The only similarity between the two is skin color, and that's not even exactly the same.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 07:48:11 AM »

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »
the picture above has Locke shaking hands with Walt, and Abbadon is in the background. There's more than one black guy in the world.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
ok ok ok i retract my statement respectfully... but i have another theory. kinda weak but still.... anyone think Abbadow is Walt? right as Walt walked up abbadow slipped away and right when Walt walked away... bloop... theres abbadow again... maybe with how "special " Walt is he'd sense it.. or maybe if he makes a memory with a younger self... again with teh ability soemthign woudl happen... ? again i coudl be wrong, but this woudl onl be 2 strikes on one thread.. lol... what you all everybody think?

ill have to watch it again .. and i will and reply after i do... but i dont recall abbadow in the same scene, but reguardles... thinking about it more... i still think the same that abbadow is grown up Walt... i mean just give it a thought for a second... i know abbadow is creepy but even through the creep theres soul... which all us lost fans have seen in many a creepy guys... nathan, ben, widmore.. all creepy but they have souls and we've seen it... so my point is... just think for a second all locke did for wwalt from day 1. always that STRONG kinship... a connection. to Walt ... lock is the only one who "understands" him... then they were seperated... Walt is special.. has dreams of things to come... Walt grows up... uses his "specialness" to find a way to get back and help Locke.... now... think for a second seperately about Abbadow... how he talks, and trats locke... with such admiration, respect... looking out for him at all costs to "get him where he is supposed to be". at all costs... even his own life.. which he knows locke must do as well.

my side is that in the world of LOST nothing is certain... look at the facts... i can admit my blindness tot he fact i ACTUALLY believed Locke.. or Bentham.. actually hanged himself out of self sacrifice. til i saw the epi. and id liek to hear and see where anyone thought otherwise, so my Walt/ Abbadon theory is very plausible concidering the facts i stated... but hey its LOST... Nikki and Palo were supposed to be NEW GREAT ADDITIONS to the cast.. pffft!!! hahahahahahhahaha... ok im seriously open to other sides, just like to debate... let me know whats up

I didn't think Locke killed himself once Ben said he didn't know that Locke killed himself. so from the episode 316 and after, and I had posted that too. but that is besides the point. I don't think that Walt and abbadon are the same person, but any theory is plausible in lost. since they could write what ever they want and make it fit. lol  Abbadon Doesn't look anything like Walt though. and I don't see anything special in Abbadon especially since he is dead. or was able to die like that.also, I don't see Walt working for widmore. if anyone he would work for Richard or that side. BUT I DO believe that Abbadon had seen Walt before. because he says to john about Walt, " the boy got big" So my question is, when did Abbadon ever meet Walt????!!! Did we ever see them meet? If so some one remind me when, because I don't remember and it might be of some significance. was it in the mental hospital with Hurley or was it when Michael was hired for widmore or was he just following Michael before he worked for widmore or even crashed on the plane and saw Walt then?

Offline patrixmith

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 01:03:30 AM »
At this point the clipping is not considered to be "canon", meaning it may just be something put together by the prop department to have Jack hold, not written with specificity to the plotline. I wouldn't work to hard to decipher it until it's released "officially". After the attention this has gotten I wouldn't be surprised if they try to work as much into the story as they can, but at the time they said it wasn't meant to be read by anyone.

This HAS TO BE true... that the "obituary" was just thrown together because they didnt think anyone wolud be able to get the whole thing... cuz if you remember in the obituary that NEVER LEFT JACKS SIDE, and he was reading it all the time would have noticed that it said Jeremy Bentham found hanged in his NY apt loft. but in "316" he didnt know he had comitted suicide. BIG MISTAKE TPTB. as good as writers and creaters as you are... your fans are more thorough lol....

Ms. Hawking said in episode 316 that they would never mention someone hanging themselves in the obituaries. Therefore, Jack never knew he committed suicide. No mistake by TPTB...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 01:34:29 PM »
the picture above has Locke shaking hands with Walt, and Abbadon is in the background. There's more than one black guy in the world.
To be the devil's advocate, Abaddon could have kept his distance in order to not cause some major time-space disturbance...

I didn't think Locke killed himself once Ben said he didn't know that Locke killed himself. so from the episode 316 and after, and I had posted that too. but that is besides the point. I don't think that Walt and abbadon are the same person, but any theory is plausible in lost. since they could write what ever they want and make it fit. lol  Abbadon Doesn't look anything like Walt though. and I don't see anything special in Abbadon especially since he is dead. or was able to die like that.also, I don't see Walt working for widmore. if anyone he would work for Richard or that side. BUT I DO believe that Abbadon had seen Walt before. because he says to john about Walt, " the boy got big" So my question is, when did Abbadon ever meet Walt????!!! Did we ever see them meet? If so some one remind me when, because I don't remember and it might be of some significance. was it in the mental hospital with Hurley or was it when Michael was hired for widmore or was he just following Michael before he worked for widmore or even crashed on the plane and saw Walt then?

I don't think they have physically come in contact before, but I believe that Abaddon helped assemble the original Oceanic 815. Therefore, he would definitely know what each person looked like.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
 :P

;) )