Author Topic: Im kinda sad over here...  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Im kinda sad over here...
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »
After last nights episode "316" I can't help but feel like the show is coming to an end, we are well over the hump, and it makes me sad. I know there are still alot of questions to be answered, but the mysteries are coming to an end. Anyone else feel this way? :'(

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Im kinda sad over here...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:59:08 PM »
Aw! Jas0n, don't be sad! Just think, there's still another entire season to go through! Not to mention 10 shiny new episodes awaiting on the horizon! And if we're getting answers this quickly now, TPTB must have something really special planned for us: more mysteries! We have a long way to go before the end. And we'll support you all the way.  ;)

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
Aw! Jas0n, don't be sad! Just think, there's still another entire season to go through! Not to mention 10 shiny new episodes awaiting on the horizon! And if we're getting answers this quickly now, TPTB must have something really special planned for us: more mysteries! We have a long way to go before the end. And we'll support you all the way.  ;)

thank you Mrs. Alpert, ill try not to get sad.  i just had a flash forward to a post-LOST era, and it just wasnt the same...

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »

thank you Mrs. Alpert, ill try not to get sad.  i just had a flash forward to a post-LOST era, and it just wasnt the same...

ROFL! No, the world will never be the same after Lost. At least we'll still have Damon, and JJ, and all those fabulous writers who'll know that their audience is not only capable of intelligent thinking but craves it in television and movies. They know the standards that we expect now, and how much we appreciate their storytelling.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »

Actually, I think there are 11 episodes left this season.  After the Writer's Strike ended, ABC agreed to add 1 new episode to each remaining season... I believe!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
i agree with you jason.  i'm excited about the answers and finding out what's going on, but i too am starting to feel a little sad that lost is going to be coming to an end.

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 04:44:08 AM »
Can't agree more!
I hope we could still have more mysteries or character backgrounds in the coming episodes.
Good memories in the old days~

Jack, Locke, Charlie, Sawyer, Kate, Claire, ... they will all be in our memories forever!!!

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »
I'll be sad too but right now, I'm  like a drug addict who just wants her fix and doesn't want to think of coming down off the high. until it actually happeneds. Then I'll have to find another fix. although it will be very hard to replace this one! I'm sure they will write more shows... :)

and we still have the dvd's! If you really want to keep lost alive, introduce someone else to the series and see it with them. It would be like watching it for the first time through their eyes, and then you could explain stuff to them etc... there is nothing like de- virgin izing someone to Lost!

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 02:27:36 AM »
I'll be sad too but right now, I'm  like a drug addict who just wants her fix and doesn't want to think of coming down off the high. until it actually happeneds. Then I'll have to find another fix. although it will be very hard to replace this one! I'm sure they will write more shows... :)

and we still have the dvd's! If you really want to keep lost alive, introduce someone else to the series and see it with them. It would be like watching it for the first time through their eyes, and then you could explain stuff to them etc... there is nothing like de- virgin izing someone to Lost!

Gosh, I wish I had my LOST virginity to lose all over again.   ;)

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
I have to admit, I have only been watching LOST for a little less than a year now, but it has consumed my life.  And I'm sad about what life will be like after LOST as well.

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 07:50:59 PM »
Wow - I was thinking about this at lunchtime today, that we know that there's an ending, and it's coming next year!

It's SO final.  Like death.

Yet.....death is such a relative term on Lost...

Maybe they'll be a spin off - or something...nothing will ever be like Lost...that's why it's sad.

Re-watching episodes marathon-style could be satisfying though - you know...knowing what you know now?

I re-watched the two part pilot recently and enjoyed it even more this time around because I knew the characters.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
Yet.....death is such a relative term on Lost...

Maybe they'll be a spin off - or something...nothing will ever be like Lost...that's why it's sad.

OMB I had a dream about this the other night...Ben got his own spin-off, but it was a sitcom!

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »
HA!

Ben in a sitcom!   ;D

I could see that.  He would be excellent, but it would have to be a very, very dark comedy.

He IS darkly and weirdly funny in Lost, for an evil dude...

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:54 PM »
yeah it was a dark comedy...creepy. I'll have to post it in the dream thread...  :)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
I have to admit, I have only been watching LOST for a little less than a year now, but it has consumed my life.  And I'm sad about what life will be like after LOST as well.

Oh Man, all 4 and a half seasons in less than one yr! that HAD to be fun! No waiting 9 months in between seasons! In that way, you are sooooo lucky!
Well, welcome! 8)