Author Topic: SWLS's Most Memorable Moments  (Read 29244 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: SWLS's Most Memorable Moments
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:30 PM »
Aw you guys are just super.  I'm amazed at the wonderful (if not insane!) theories, screen caps, amazing catches, and all around good vibes on this forum.  I love the (((((hugs)))) where did that come from anyway?  I miss puff.  I love the variety of threads.  I love the hunt.  I love the song game.  I wonder how many times we've used some of those songs?  Or how many words have been repeated in the change-one-letter-to-make-a-new-word thread?  And it's not the booze talking!
You know, I'm pretty sure I was around when the whole ((((((HUGS))))))) thing started, but I'll be pickled if I can remember how.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »
looking for a timeline, finding this site, reading lots of good stuff

playing JBRam's Lost Challenge game
- you needed 50 posts to play, to get access to the ability to PM someone, so I found a thread in the Community Lounge section where you could post again if the timestamp on your post post ends in 4 8 15 16 23 or 42 seconds.  I figured out the timing and there I was at my computer, pressing the ENTER button according to a computer clock and the numbers
- first assignment was to write an essay, Yay! I Won! I would be one of the leaders.
- then I'm asked to make A LIST of who I want on my team, Do I know these people? Who am I to make a list? What kind of task is this?!? I make a list.
- previously I asked if the character of Sayid is available. I can't believe no one else has already chosen Sayid. Later I chat with the guy playing Ben. He's a good guy. We team up.
- I have a notebook around here somewhere.  Good times on those early challenges.
- The game might have blown apart when I started something, an evil Widmore-like plan to invite friends from outside to join and help prevent my character from getting voted off. Just a little bending of the rules, Echoes of challenges past practically encouraged this kind of behavior. No one said you couldn't go off the island, erm, SWLS, to recruit some new players, and so I did, but my plan didn't work.
- Me and my buddy Ben got killed on the same vote. dammit!
- If I were truly evil I would have used Google adsense or hired some mechanical turks to help me. They would have been my army in a voting war! Come the apocalypse of mankind I will not be contained. I will bring the powers of a powerful self-made man to bear on this problem. Don't tell me what I can't do!!!!!
- but I chose not to do that. Mine is not an evil laugh. And after all, it's just a game.
- yeah right, and LOST is just a tv show. mother so-and-sos killed Sayid!
- Why yes Bernard, Sayid would like some tea, where's Ben been? ben-ben, that's funny, ben-ben, haha
- sky goes purple and next thing I know I'm wearing a parka and laying on my back in the front yard, so I make a snow angel
- true story, so help me, except for the powerful self-made man part, that was a Widmore moment, writer's embellishment and whatnot

a prediction about stopping to smell the flowers in La Fleur hype thread
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,8725.msg505915.html#msg505915

getting an article published on the SWLS's front page, sweet!
http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2010/03/losts-unnamed-philosphers.php

gonna leave a spot open on my greatest hits list, a man's reach should exceed his grasp, yadda-yadda

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »
one of my most memorable moments, isn't really a moment, it's a thread.  well, not even really a thread, but a kinship, a friendship, it's the "are you a Christian thread."  (thank you plp for starting it!)  the prayers asked and answered, the friends/family cured & even lost.  the bonds made.  you all mean the world to me.  you've given me courage & strength when i needed it most, you've prayed for me, my family & my friends.  we've shared, we've loved, and well, we've LOST. 

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:31 AM »
Aaaaaawwwwe.  I think I'm going to cry.   :'(

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »
one of my most memorable moments, isn't really a moment, it's a thread.  well, not even really a thread, but a kinship, a friendship, it's the "are you a Christian thread."  (thank you plp for starting it!)  the prayers asked and answered, the friends/family cured & even lost.  the bonds made.  you all mean the world to me.  you've given me courage & strength when i needed it most, you've prayed for me, my family & my friends.  we've shared, we've loved, and well, we've LOST. 
Vary true!! I hate the church to much to be a Christian but I like knowing that if something is wrong I can always go to that thread and there will be people that care.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
I think my favorite moment was doing the podcast! Thanks to JB, Adam, and Jackii for creating another way for us to get our ideas out there and have fun doing it!!!! You guys are great ;) ;D

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
Yeah, they make it so much fun and it's just like goofing off on these threads but without having to type what you want to say.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
Chatting during one of the episodes this year - and finding us all making the same jokes and predictions!

My daughter is horrified and amazed that someone thinks her mom is funny & Hubby says y'all are my tribe!