Author Topic: SWLS's Most Memorable Moments  (Read 37030 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
SWLS's Most Memorable Moments
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
Hey all. I just want to throw this out there for early feedback. We'll probably do a feature next season sort of looking back over the years here at SWLS and discussing the evolution of the site and highlights of the events here. Let's start a list going of your most memorable times here at SWLS. I'll start off with a couple:

1) Staying up all night decoding the blast door map, only to have the whole thing revealed in crystal clarity the next morning by Variety.
2) The whole Pandy fiasco (wouldn't it be awesome if she returned for the final season though ;) )

Hopefully that gets your minds going. You guys are the heart of the site, so let's hear what some of your most memorable moments have been.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: SWLS's Most Memorable Moments
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »
this is many moments together, but:

3.  coming on here the day after a show and getting to see all the hard work you guys put into the investigations while i'm sleeping.  awesome investigations.  it's what got me here. 

2) The whole Pandy fiasco (wouldn't it be awesome if she returned for the final season though ;) )
oh, the pandy fiasco.  sometimes i wonder if she might get internet privlidges and log in as someone new.  that was definitely, um, memorable.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
4) ShaDy was very memorable time here at SWLS. Not up to the Pandy, but way up there on the list.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
We've had a few jealous spouses and exes show up on the board... which ultimately led to a couple bannings, both temporary and permanent. That was a pretty wild period for us.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »
We've had a few jealous spouses and exes show up on the board... which ultimately led to a couple bannings, both temporary and permanent. That was a pretty wild period for us.
Ahhhh the bannings.  How I miss them. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »
Ahhhh the bannings.  How I miss them. 
lol

Demra hitting Island Native was pretty spectacular.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »
4) ShaDy was very memorable time here at SWLS. Not up to the Pandy, but way up there on the list.
i THOUGHT of this, but wasn't even going to mention it because of all the embarrassment it caused.  heck, y'all gave me a hard time because i thought s/he was a man from the beginning!

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »
I never understood the ShaDy thing.  What happened? 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
ShaDy was a guy pretending to be a gal. Had some pretty hot pictures too.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:24 PM »
Dude, I had forgotten all about that.  :D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »
My most memorable moment was finding this site, lurking, finding investigations, easter eggs, pics and all kinds of good things to share with my Fear of Forum Friends.

Next memorable moment would be having a good discussion about Walt with Mrs. H

Next having Asmo introduce me to Community Lounge and introducing me to a a group of very interesting, intelligent, creative , funny folks.  Meeting Thlay, Cayley, Juggy and Astro!

And still having memorable moments.  Sounds like there were some interesting times, one you want to sit back in big comfy chair favorite beverage and here them told and hearing last time on SWLS... ;D

Oh can't help hearing voice of Bob Hope singing Thanks for the Memories....Perhaps someone can take the pics and place them to this music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTjKMWTmIY

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 05:18:01 AM »

Now that sounds like a story I want to hear....lol

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »

Now that sounds like a story I want to hear....lol
Me too....though I will admit that my spouse has limited access to my LOST addiction! 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »
one of my personal favorites is when i was able to post spoilers before anyone else.  i'd scour the web looking for the latest spoiler only to come on here and post it before anyone else.

oh, the good ole days.

only now i'm SPOILER FREE!  talk about doing a 180!

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
I kinda liked the whole determination and drive of Puffy... sure he was controversial and a bit "out there" but he sure stirred up a debate or two. I wonder if he still watches Lost?

Another memorable moment for me was Lou posting that darn Evie pic in every thread imaginable - gosh it drove me mad, but she sure did look cute in bunches.....

And dare I say it the first time I tackled a Hunt - me and my hubby got such a buzz from getting a few clues right (or so we thought - in fact we were completely off the mark - but the passion for researching, trawling the web and decoding miniscule, finite details in ridiculously complex clues was a real arenaline rush. We have since retired our Hunt membership:( ) Make the next one a bit easier will ya?

I hope to one day add Chicago 2010 to this list. sigh... I need some of Hurley's millions