Author Topic: Ben can't return to the island?  (Read 8649 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ben can't return to the island?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »
I think in general you can't go back since you wouldn't be able to find the island again, but Ben found a way.  And I agree, I think his tears were genuine and he figured he'd probably never be able to return to the island, but he's clever and hatched a plan.

But Ben used to go off the island before, right? And others did too (remember all those passports?)

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »
We all know that Ben had/has the ability to come and go from the island as he pleases. Whats confusing now is what he said to Locke, that if he moves the island he will not be allowed back. It seems the Donkey Wheel has some significance as to who remains or returns to the island. Ben  moved the island, so now what will that mean for him, will he be able to return and if so, will he live???

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
remember where we got the information that "whoever moves the island can never return".  From Ben, and we all know that Ben is a liar and apparently he wasn't supposed to turn the wheel anyways, Locke was. So I think even then Ben knew what was up and his plan was already in motion. I think the reason why he was crying was because he had definitely fallen out of favor with Jacob.

Hyper to expand further on this well stated post is that BEN IS THE BIGGEST LIAR there is.  Of course he fell out cause he knew damn well what he was doing.  He fell out of favor with the island ;D

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
But if spinning the wheel means you get can't go back, how can Locke go back when he's spun the wheel also?

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
We already know he does return to the island. So I guess that does make Ben a liar. But I think there will be more revealed later as to Bens statement about returning to the island. There has to be some negative consequence or why would he have ever brought it up?

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
But if spinning the wheel means you get can't go back, how can Locke go back when he's spun the wheel also?

Because Locke is different, special, and he was told he could return but he would have to die first in order to get his friends back to the island.

Ben, I don't believe, is special.  At least, not like Locke.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
We already know he does return to the island. So I guess that does make Ben a liar. But I think there will be more revealed later as to Bens statement about returning to the island. There has to be some negative consequence or why would he have ever brought it up?

We know that Ben returns?  I did not know this yet.  Was it in the preview for next week and I missed it?

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
No I meant we know Locke returns...we don't know for sure about Ben yet.
I agree with you 100% though, Locke is "special", Ben isn't, and he knows it!!!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »
Did Ben says, "never"  as in "They can never come back" or did he say "The can't come back"?  Maybe he just meant, "immediately"   I mean he was not able to come back immediately after he turned the wheel.  It's taken him over 3 years...

Or maybe he's just a liar...

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »
locke does not turn the wheel.  he puts it back on its axis.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »
locke does not turn the wheel.  he puts it back on its axis.
There was a little turning involved, though.  He went the same direction as Ben.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »
I don't know how much more off-island storytelling there will be, so if Ben doesn't get on the island, he basically doesn't have much of a role. That would be such a waste! He has to return...and I'm betting that he jumped on the plane with the rest of them hoping the island will take him in when it takes them. He reminds me of a little kid, like trying to hide vegetables in a napkin and hoping Mom'll just throw it out and not notice the veggies.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
No I meant we know Locke returns...we don't know for sure about Ben yet.
I agree with you 100% though, Locke is "special", Ben isn't, and he knows it!!!

oh thanks, thought I missed something!

Yes, and I think Ben has been doing everything up to this point because he really knows the truth about Locke and Ben never was meant to be the leader but somehow he figured out a way into it??  And he doesn't want to relinquish to Locke.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
Okay, If I turn out to be right... I called it...

Ben returns to the island - in 2009, the losties are in the 70's with the Dharma folks!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »
Okay, If I turn out to be right... I called it...

Ben returns to the island - in 2009, the losties are in the 70's with the Dharma folks!

I can see this happening. That's Karma Island for you! Do you think he was in the canoe behind the I6? If he was, were his shipmates 2009 Others or other passengers from 316? Interesting stuff.