Author Topic: Episode Format  (Read 2076 times)

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Episode Format
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 01:07:52 PM »
Well talking about wasting time -- what about the whole scene with Jake and his "grand dad" (or whatever he called him).

I don't know if that will ever be revisited or, more likely, was just so Jake could get the shoes.. But the whole scene just seemed so forced and out of place.

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
Well talking about wasting time -- what about the whole scene with Jake and his "grand dad" (or whatever he called him).

I don't know if that will ever be revisited or, more likely, was just so Jake could get the shoes.. But the whole scene just seemed so forced and out of place.
I forgot about that. I guess it just seemed so irrelevant other than the shoes. But yes...they totally wasted time on that whole scene. I didn't like that part at all.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »
They'd better bring in Jack's grandfather as, like, the guy who built the pendulum, or something equally important. Something about him and magicians got me thinking semi-formed thoughts about him and Dharma, and the Magic Box that Ben talks about. At this point, it's difficult to introduce people in the past, present, or future unless they have a really important part in the show. No more filler episodes, it's all action from here to the end.

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »
I think ray(granddad) knew exactly where Jack was going..I think the shoes were a stepup..Granddad is working with Ben lol..I sure granddad was on the island once before sometime

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 02:06:51 PM »
Or is Grandad some older version of Jack or Christian. LOL

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
I think ray(granddad) knew exactly where Jack was going..I think the shoes were a stepup..Granddad is working with Ben lol..I sure granddad was on the island once before sometime

At this point I think we should all realize that nothing is by coincidence. Jack needed something of his fathers and "abracadabra" the phone rings and next thing you know he has his shoes. ya OK. Who isn't working with Ben these days and I do think that Jacks from a long line of Island people.

They'd better bring in Jack's grandfather as, like, the guy who built the pendulum, or something equally important. Something about him and magicians got me thinking semi-formed thoughts about him and Dharma, and the Magic Box that Ben talks about. At this point, it's difficult to introduce people in the past, present, or future unless they have a really important part in the show. No more filler episodes, it's all action from here to the end.

I love the way you word things. You express the things I am thinking all the time and in such a short amount of words. I love it. It's all action from here to the end. It is so true!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »

I love the way you word things. You express the things I am thinking all the time and in such a short amount of words. I love it. It's all action from here to the end. It is so true!

;) Thanks Mrs H. I try my very hardest. Also, remember, geniuses.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »
316 was like a Colombo episode. While usually showing the end before the rest spoils the fun, it really added to the excitement.

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
At this point I think we should all realize that nothing is by coincidence. Jack needed something of his fathers and "abracadabra" the phone rings and next thing you know he has his shoes. ya OK. Who isn't working with Ben these days and I do think that Jacks from a long line of Island people.
Good points both.  However, I am a bit unconvinced that Granddad is old enough to be Christian's father.  At first I swore that Jack was saying "Dad" although there was an unusually high amount of household commotion going on while I was watching.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Yes he was rather young  looking to be Christians Dad. that was my first thought. (orrrrr maybe Christian looks to old to be his son. lol)
glad You mentioned it. Cause they looked about the same age to me too but I can't tell ages very well ,so I just shrugged it off as that.