Author Topic: The Tao of Hurley...  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Tao of Hurley...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:25 PM »
I don't know... Hurley HATES those numbers. For some reason, I couldn't see him even saying them to himself, let alone recording them over a frequency to be played over and over again.
I've said this before, too.  But, maybe they were originally recorded by someone else and, due to their new involvement in the past, that person was unable to read the numbers.  Hurley is convinced that for everything else to take place, the numbers must be transmitted and he accepts that it probably should be him since he was the most impacted by them.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
Maybe he says the numbers without realizing he is being recorded.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »
I don't know... Hurley HATES those numbers. For some reason, I couldn't see him even saying them to himself, let alone recording them over a frequency to be played over and over again.

There is a scene in one episode where Hurley and some people are going through the Jungle, and Hurley is muttering them to himself, so even though he hates them, they are probably comforting to him because they make him think of when he was safe in Santa Rosa.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »

There is a scene in one episode where Hurley and some people are going through the Jungle, and Hurley is muttering them to himself, so even though he hates them, they are probably comforting to him because they make him think of when he was safe in Santa Rosa.

I don't know if they are actually comforting. Didn't you ever have a song stuck in your head that you couldn't get out that you didn't even like!?  I'm thinking that he will read the numbers simply because there is a good enough reason too.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »

I don't know if they are actually comforting. Didn't you ever have a song stuck in your head that you couldn't get out that you didn't even like!?  I'm thinking that he will read the numbers simply because there is a good enough reason too.

I guess, but like I said, I don't hear his voice reading those numbers on the walkie. Oh, and because you mentioned it, here is a song that will get stuck in your head. Go ahead and click it, you know you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wky5H1xC6-I