Author Topic: The Tao of Hurley...  (Read 3885 times)

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The Tao of Hurley...
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:33 PM »
BTW, now that Hurley's back in the 1970's, he can record The Numbers (and maybe help place them in the concrete on the Swan Station) so that Sam Toomey can hear them and pass them on to Leonard who'll recite them at Santa Rosa for Hurley who'll play them to win the lottery which leads to a string of bad luck which leads him back to Leonard who tells him about Sam which leads to Hurley going to Australia to find out Sam committed suicide which leads to him getting on Flight 815 to come home which leads to him crashing on the island...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The Tao of Hurley...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:45:10 PM »
yes

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:46:23 PM »
Circles!!!    ...but the idea about Hurley being instrumental in getting the numbers going is pure genius, and makes me think many interesting possibilities....

Offline chadley420

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »
Maybe Hurley plans on trying out for Geronimo Jackson with the guitar he brought

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
yeah, I think people were already considering this last week when they were speculating if it was Hurley's voice we all heard repeating the numbers on the french team's radio, although now it looks like a much greater possibility

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:53:20 PM »
yeah and plus lost has been known to 'somewhat' disguise voices... remember when jack was in the shower at kate's last season?

so they want us to discuss it.. and believe in it... without it being straight up hurley's voice..

Offline patrixmith

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 03:19:37 AM »
Circles!!!    ...but the idea about Hurley being instrumental in getting the numbers going is pure genius, and makes me think many interesting possibilities....

I don't know... Hurley HATES those numbers. For some reason, I couldn't see him even saying them to himself, let alone recording them over a frequency to be played over and over again.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »
But if he's already resolved to go back to the island, maybe he's ready to accept other things too, like that the numbers are a part of his destiny.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 04:38:50 AM »
I think Hurley brought the guitar as a symbol of Charlie. and to take charlies place.just like jack had to bring his fathers shoes. actually it might really be one of charlies guitar's that Hurley got from his brother.. 

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »
I think Hurley brought the guitar as a symbol of Charlie. and to take charlies place.just like jack had to bring his fathers shoes. actually it might really be one of charlies guitar's that Hurley got from his brother.. 

Oo! I like that! But wasn't Liam in Australia? Maybe Hurley bought it on eBay...guitar once owned by Driveshaft's Charlie Pace, tragically killed in Oceanic Flight 815...he could afford it!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
he could also afford to have visited liam , have liam send it to him... etc etc...

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
In this scenario, the significance of The Numbers is nothing more than they are part of a time loop... in the past recorded them because he knew of them in the future ... and he knew of them in the future because of that original recording.

But then why are the Numbers used for the Swan station computer?  I think a) the Swan station is a failsafe device - if no one is there to prevent it from going off, the magnetic discharge happens allowing the Island to be located off Island - so that if the Island ever gets lost in time/space (no one is there to press the button) it can be found again - that is why the hatch computer was never on an automated timer.  b) the numbers are the code for the hatch computer because someone needs to be thinking of the numbers, so that the numbers 'exist' in all these time periods so that they can serve as Hurley's constant. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
I still don't think it's Hurley reading the numbers on that transmission. I just don't hear it. But good points everyone.

Offline TimeTravelIsCool

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
Thats a good summary Xrayeck!

So it could be all a loop, and Hurley is the source of the numbers.

Maybe there is a reason for them particular numbers, eg they are used to remember certain things, like the 815 flight number, etc. and its a coinsidence that they were winning lottery numbers.

BTW, now that Hurley's back in the 1970's, he can record The Numbers (and maybe help place them in the concrete on the Swan Station) so that Sam Toomey can hear them and pass them on to Leonard who'll recite them at Santa Rosa for Hurley who'll play them to win the lottery which leads to a string of bad luck which leads him back to Leonard who tells him about Sam which leads to Hurley going to Australia to find out Sam committed suicide which leads to him getting on Flight 815 to come home which leads to him crashing on the island...

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »
I love circles.