Author Topic: Hurley's guitar  (Read 4622 times)

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley's guitar
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »
I thought it was like why Jack had to get his father's shoes -- it has to do with having "something" belonging to or relating to the original 815ers on the plane as much as possible.  Someone told Hurley to bring something of Charlie's (or something that reminded him of Charlie --

I think you are absolutely right.  Charlie's guitar, Christian's shoes....and like someone before me said---where's that wheelchair? 

Don't need the wheel chair, Locke was carried on the plane.

Charlie wasn't jamming out some Drive Shaft tunes on the plane either.....but they still need the guitar.  I think the point is that they need to make it as similar to 815---and there WAS a wheelchair on the plane.

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
I figured Charlie appeared and told Hurley about the flight and told him to bring his guitar.

i wonder if Charlie's corpse is floating around somewhere?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 05:16:23 PM »
I thought it was like why Jack had to get his father's shoes -- it has to do with having "something" belonging to or relating to the original 815ers on the plane as much as possible.  Someone told Hurley to bring something of Charlie's (or something that reminded him of Charlie --

I think you are absolutely right.  Charlie's guitar, Christian's shoes....and like someone before me said---where's that wheelchair? 

Don't need the wheel chair, Locke was carried on the plane.

Charlie wasn't jamming out some Drive Shaft tunes on the plane either.....but they still need the guitar.  I think the point is that they need to make it as similar to 815---and there WAS a wheelchair on the plane.

The way I see it, the guitar was more of a Hurley paying tribute to Charlie kind of thing as oppossed to actually needing it to be on the plane. And as I pointed out in some other post somewhere, if they are being nuts about recreating it perfectly, then the guitar should have been checked, because Charlie had to check his, but it wasn't, so right there is a mistake in the recreation.

And as far as the wheelchair being on the plane, yes there was one. As Mrs. Alpert pointed out on the last page, Locke's wheelchair was stowed away in the belly of the plane or something, because Locke was carried onto the plane. So, since none of the Oceanic flyers knew that Locke was even in a wheelchair (except for Rose, but she doesn't count because she's not on Ajira 316), they wouldn't have known to make sure that a wheelchair is on board the plane, so as far as they know, they DON'T need a wheelchair.

Offline patrixmith

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »
I figured Charlie appeared and told Hurley about the flight and told him to bring his guitar.
I was wondering if Charlie told him also.

I like this explanation. Still don't know how Hurley got out of jail.

Yeah, Ben's lawyer found information proving that Hurley had nothing to do with the murders.

Also, I love the idea that Charlie appeared and told Hurley about the flight and to bring his guitar. It would also be wild if there wasn't a guitar in the case, but something else!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 07:45:02 AM »
I now think that Hurley was contacted by Sun/Widmore and is carrying a transponder in the Guitar case. Now Widmore can find the island and take Sun, Jin and Hurley back off the island. This might be why Sun left the kid at home.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
The guitar was for Charlie, who asked Hugo to bring it.  Why?  Because Charlie will be alive again when the Dharma reset button gets pushed at the end of the last season.  All will be alive again and flying on 815.. hit some turbulance and continue on with their flight after one final major course correction.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
The guitar was for Charlie, who asked Hugo to bring it.  Why?  Because Charlie will be alive again when the Dharma reset button gets pushed at the end of the last season.  All will be alive again and flying on 815.. hit some turbulance and continue on with their flight after one final major course correction.

The depressing part of that is I can totally see that. I hope that doesn't happen though because all the relationships will have been LOST.  :(

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

The depressing part of that is I can totally see that. I hope that doesn't happen though because all the relationships will have been LOST.  :(

Unless only the Losties retain the memories.  Or was it all a dream?........

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »

They just better not leave it that way! lol

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »
Agreed, except that it couldn't be the same guitar that was already on the Island.  Maybe Hurley found Driveshaft memoribilia on eBay? ???

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »

Newhart ruined it for everyone else... no show could do it after that.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »

Hell, Newhart shouldn't have done it. LOL

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »

LOL LOL  :D

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »

Newhart's ending was so great.  Totally rocked.... which is very out of character for Bob. His was the buttoned down humor.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
thee absolute BEST ending of a series was six feet under. And, weather you watched the show or not, you knew what was going on if you only saw the last episode. Best neatly tied package Everrrrrr.