Author Topic: Hurley's guitar  (Read 4662 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley's guitar
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:57 PM »
...and he learned some blues while he was locked up....

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 12:41:36 AM »
oh sweet old lady why are you reading these threads?!!!!

So I'll know what to watch for when I see it.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 02:57:27 AM »
was that they were deporting him to Iraq and that Guam was a pit-stop on the way...

um, totally in the wrong direction?

i believe it would be a lot closer to go over the atlantic to get to iraq.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »
Did Charlie actually have his guitar on the plane WITH him???  It was obvious that Sayid had taken Kate's place as a criminal being transported, but why would be he be being transported to Guam??

Charlie was upset because they made him check his guitar, which is why he thought he wouldn't find it.  I think Charlie told Hurly to get on the flight, for sure, but not sure why he would want him to take a guitar.  Seems like a minor original detail to fuss over.

I agree about Sayid, but the only thing I heard that made sense was that they were deporting him to Iraq and that Guam was a pit-stop on the way...

yeah, but it doesn't have to make sense because that person was really an other either for widmore or Ben. so they weren't really arresting him I'm almost sure.

My vote,  charlie talked to Hurley and told him he has to go and told him to bring the guitar. probably his from charlies brother. like Jack had to take his fathers shoes since his father couldn't be there himself. Hurley buys all the remaining tickets up because he knows what is going to happen to the plane. then he feels he gets to prevent something bad from happening with all that money he has (from the numbers) therefor making the money less of a curse to have. which next time will make the numbers less of a curse. etc etc etc...paradox....

Offline soulska

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
my first thought was also that charlie appeared to hugo and told him that he needed to go back to the island and bring his guitar. thats the only way that he could get on that plane.   

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
I bet the guitar case is filled with food. ;)
My first thought!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
I thought it was like why Jack had to get his father's shoes -- it has to do with having "something" belonging to or relating to the original 815ers on the plane as much as possible.  Someone told Hurley to bring something of Charlie's (or something that reminded him of Charlie -- he didn't have Charlie's original guitar case, I don't think, did he?)  Now, who that someone was is up for grabs... either Ben or Charlie himself?  Maybe the lawyer said "Ben told me to tell you that you have to bring this guitar case" when he handled the paperwork to spring Hurley from jail...

I agree that they just have to show us what happened to all these people in the interim before getting onto the plane -- they have a lot of ground to cover.  Kate putting Aaron somewhere, Ben getting beat up, Sayid getting captured and "deported," Hurley getting out of jail. 

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
I wonder if Hurley could have put something else in the case. Do we ever actually see a guitar?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »
I personally think that Hurley has actually lost it a little bit upstairs since he's been, you know, talking to dead people. So he probably brought the guitar thinking that Charlie will be alive. It seems weirder to me that they made Charlie check it, bit not Hurley. Ajira must either be music lovers, or they have much larger overhead bins.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
The Ajira plane was tiny...maybe because Hugo bought like seventy-something tickets, they let him keep the guitar case?

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
I thought it was like why Jack had to get his father's shoes -- it has to do with having "something" belonging to or relating to the original 815ers on the plane as much as possible.  Someone told Hurley to bring something of Charlie's (or something that reminded him of Charlie --

I think you are absolutely right.  Charlie's guitar, Christian's shoes....and like someone before me said---where's that wheelchair? 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »
I thought it was like why Jack had to get his father's shoes -- it has to do with having "something" belonging to or relating to the original 815ers on the plane as much as possible.  Someone told Hurley to bring something of Charlie's (or something that reminded him of Charlie --

I think you are absolutely right.  Charlie's guitar, Christian's shoes....and like someone before me said---where's that wheelchair? 

Don't need the wheel chair, Locke was carried on the plane.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
They did bring Locke's wheelchair on the plane with him, though. It was on the beach at one point. They were using it to transport something at some point. I mean, it's not like handicapped people take a wheelchair to the gate, get carried on and leave the wheelchair behind. What do they do when they get to where their going? You know, the ones that don't crash land onto mysterious islands...

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 01:43:37 PM »

Don't need the wheel chair, Locke was carried on the plane.

There WAS a wheelchair on the plane though.  Where did that come from?

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »
Flight 815 wheelchair = Locke's. Standard-sized wheelchairs are too wide to fit down a plane aisle, so airlines use a special wheelchair to get passengers on/off the plane. Locke's wheelchair was with the rest of the luggage (like if you have a baby stroller, they take it & check it just before you enter the plane).

We don't know if there's a wheelchair on Flight 316, or at least I didn't see it. I don't think it was the wheelchair that was so important the first time around so much as Locke himself. And, he's dead (or deadish) now, so, I think he fills his incapacitated quota.