Author Topic: Frank the pilot!  (Read 3605 times)

Offline darinfic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frank the pilot!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »
I just can't picture Frank WANTING to go back to the island, especially when it potentially puts his life and the life of his crew in danger.

Agreed.  I've seen Frank as someone who isn't afraid to take a "leap of faith" though.  So maybe that's it.  But that would be some leap of faith.  Hopefully the plane didn't actually crash, and instead when they went into the wormhole or portal or whatever they were just transposed onto the Island or something.

By the way, thanks JMart!

well, the others DID have kate and sawyer building that runway!

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:39 AM »
And the opening scene (Jack's eye, waking up in the jungle) was almost an exact recreation of the first scene of the first episode.

Yep . .  complete with people yelling for help and all.  Dr. Jack to the rescue!! At least now he won't have to resist his urges to drink . .

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue" - Airplane

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »
It was cool to see it all dawn on him that they weren't going where he thought they were. Jack, Sayid, Kate, Hurley, hmmm, and Sun? Ohhhhh.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »
I agree that the characters were "off" for a reason.  They are not all sure that this is what they should be doing. Some of the parallels were orchestrated by them, others just kind of...happened.  Destiny.    I loved the flight, and the fact that Jack in his Grizzly Adams stage was actually on the right track about how to get back to the island!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 01:30:35 AM »
I have to find my post somewhere because I called this!!!

My behind is all bruised from me kicking myself for not thinking of this before-hand.  Now in retrospect it seems so obvious!   Arrrrghhh!  How did I not think of that???  (Well, besides the fact that I didn't think they'd be on a plane...)

I liked Lapidus better with the beard and all.  But I'm glad he's back -- I really like his character.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 03:19:48 AM »
Did Frank see Ben in first class? I'd think he'd be a little less accepting about this whole..."coincidence"...if he saw Ben there as well, but I can't remember.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »
I think that Frank probably isn't "wanting" to go to the island, but after seeing all of them on the plane at the same time, he just kind of realized that it's pointless to try to do anything else.

Offline soulska

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
still cant figure why frank would EVER want to go back to the island? he put everyone's live in jeopardy. when he talks to jack and sees the rest of the 6 he is shocked.... or is he? i hope there is a backstory to how or why he would like to go back.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »
Glad he is back!  I wonder what role he will have on the Island if he makes it there? 

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Whoo hoo... glad it was Lapidus!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »
Would have been weirder if it was the pilot that crashed Oceanic 815. Adding Zombies to LOST would have been great because Zombies are "in", but weird because as we all know, Zombies can't time travel. That's just preposterous.