Author Topic: You Will NEVER ask me that question again, The what happened to Aaron Topic  (Read 20318 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: You Will NEVER ask me that question again, The what happened to Aaron Topic
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »
If someone can tell me why Kate would act like a harpy snatched Aaron from her hands and flew away if all she did was give Aaron to Claire's mom or Clementine, I'd love to hear it.  I think she either murdered him, which is highly unlikely but matches her crazy demeanor OR ghost Claire appeared and took him OR one of Widmore's people or someone kidnapped Aaron and told Kate she had to go on the plane and do something for them otherwise she'd never see Aaron again and if she tells anyone, they'll kill him.

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Widmore's people or someone kidnapped Aaron and told Kate she had to go on the plane and do something for them otherwise she'd never see Aaron again and if she tells anyone, they'll kill him.
That is an interesting theory. I like that one.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »
With Aaron, Kate has never been one to give up. If someone else had taken him, she would have followed him and forgotten about the 316 flight...you remember her reaction when she found out Sun had brought him to the marina. Angry Kate. And she would never have killed him, which leads me to believe one of two things:

1. She gave him up willingly to someone she trusted. For some reason (which I hope we see in upcoming episodes), she knows she has to be on that flight. But Claire told her not to bring him back (for argument's sake I'm assuming she meant Aaron). When Kate goes to Jack, she's grieving because she didn't want to give him up, but she knew it was the right thing to do.

2. Aaron disappeared. Whether ghost-Claire or ghost-somebody-else showed up, snatched up the kid, and disappeared in front of Kate's eyes, or the kid is just gone. In this case, Kate has no trail to follow. She has no choice but to give up...but if it's something mystical, I bet she thinks the island is involved. Nothing left for her in L.A., so, off to the island!

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
Does anyone else feel it was a cop-out for TPTB?

They just didnt know what to do with him and so they did that?

He has to be more important to the story becuase he was born on
the Island that "mothers cant carry babies to term on."

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »
I think Kate did something she already regrets. She was obviously very upset about it when Jack asked her where Aaron was. Someone else is bound to ask her what happened. Maybe then we'll find out.

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
I almost was thinking Kate killed Aaron, but I don't think she could ever do that..With that scene I thought she was dead lying on the bed like that..

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
I don't think it was a cop-out; tptb have set up a little mystery for us. This episode focused on Jack, his family, and getting everyone on that flight. Think of Kate's avoidance and grief as a seed for a flashback in an upcoming episode. It irritated me at first, too, but then again, we don't know the circumstances of how Sun, Sayid, Hurley, and Frank got on 316, and we don't know wtf happened to bloody-Ben.

And if they keep answering questions without creating more mysteries, we're going to spend the final season just chillin' with the 815'ers, sipping drinks on the beach...very relaxing, but terrible for tv drama.  ;)

If tptb are leaving it where it is, there will be hundreds of thousands of angry fans. I have to believe that they have bigger plans than that.  

Offline ievie

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
How on earth could Jack just let Kate's demand to not ask questions go by?!! He should've grabbed her by the hair, for Pete's sake, & shouted, "You stupid, worthless b*****, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY NEPHEW??!!! WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME NEVER TO ASK ABOUT HIM???!!! TELL ME, OR I'LL BREAK YOUR SILLY NECK!!!!!" If ever I get seriously angry with the writers of Lost, it's when important things like this are glossed over--like at beginning of 1st season, when the ones who first saw what the "monster" did to the pilot & decided to keep it secret to not create panic (as though some poor survivor wandering in the jungle looking for fruit & grabbed by the thing WOULDN'T panic? or everybody on the beach hearing the screams WOULDN'T panic???); like Widmore telling Desmond Penny could be in danger, but not telling him straight out that Ben would kill her if he could; & so, so many other "secrets"-- all the things no one ever tells everybody else that they SHOULD be told about. This time, though, over these reactions over Aaron, I am seriously, seriously, furiously ANGRY!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:48:14 PM by ievie »

Offline cablecopulate

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 02:31:05 PM »
He got Seven'd.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
My theory -

Claire visited Kate and told her she needed to go back to the island, don't bring Aaron he is in danger. She was just sad that she would not be seeing Aaron any longer and does not want to talk about it. Remember she said something to Jack like "why think about something that makes you sad".

(and along the same line)

Charlie visits Hurley and tells him he needs to go back. Bring a guitar.

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »
My theory -

Claire visited Kate and told her she needed to go back to the island, don't bring Aaron he is in danger. She was just sad that she would not be seeing Aaron any longer and does not want to talk about it. Remember she said something to Jack like "why think about something that makes you sad".

I just feel like that is too easy. She looked way more disturbed by something. If she just had to leave Aaron I could see her being really upset but she almost looked crazy.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
How on earth could Jack just let Kate's demand to not ask questions go by?!!

See I am thinking the same thing!  

I know Kate saw the "ghost of Claire-past" come to her but there is no way I am going
to leave "my" child somewhere and not know if I were coming back or not.  Yes I would
take Aaron to the Island with me.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »
can i please clarify that 'clementine' is sawyer's daughter, 'cassidy' is the girlfriend/mother of his child.
the show is confusing enough as it is   :)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
can i please clarify that 'clementine' is sawyer's daughter, 'cassidy' is the girlfriend/mother of his child.
the show is confusing enough as it is   :)

you've got it correct

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »
My theory -

(and along the same line)

Charlie visits Hurley and tells him he needs to go back. Bring a guitar.

Hell yeah! And Shannon visits Sayid, so he deliberately does something to get arrested. Sweet.

Reasons for return:
Jack-Christian (just a hint, no talk) + Locke (dying)
Kate-Claire
Hurley-Charley
Sayid-Shannon
Sun-Jin (via wedding ring, no ghost here).