Author Topic: You Will NEVER ask me that question again, The what happened to Aaron Topic  (Read 14499 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I thought Kate's mother died...??? I'm probably making this up.  :-\

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Yeah, you are.  Quit trying to steal my act.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Yeah, you are.  Quit trying to steal my act.
LOL! No, I actually thought so! My brain...sigh. Why did I think that? I don't know.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Claire's mom is good, Clementine is good.

Those might just be our only choices... unless she somehow found Penny.

I think Aaron is with Desmond and Penelope too.

Cassidy is improbable.

01. She lived too far away for Kate to contact her; concoct a story why she was leaving a child with her and then get onto Flight 316;
02. Aside from breaking the terms of her probation by leaving California, the cops may have been on her tail for Child Abandonment. Kate knew nothing of Cassidy (even though they had met), let alone whether she could trust her or not;
03. Why would Kate be so traumatised by leaving the child with a woman whom is already a caring mother?

Carole is unlikely.

01. Telling Carole that Claire didn't die in the crash, but lived to give birth, would blow the O6's cover if Carole blabbed to anyone else. Again, Carole may have called the authorities and pressed charges against Kate for abduction;
02. Carole may have gone straight to the media if she suspected there was any chance of her daughter still being alive. Once she knew that the O6 had lied once, what's to say that they hadn't lied again?
03. Carole seemed a little unstable when Jack went to see her!!!;
04. Why would Kate be so traumatised by leaving the child with a woman whom is already a mother and presumably so traceable?

The Paik Family is ridiculous.

01. It just doesn't make sense on any level that Aaron would be where Ji-Yeon is.

Now, Desmond and Penelope...

01. They already have a young child, so are toddler-friendly;
02. They were in the area at the time;
03. Kate wouldn't have had to explain the story to them again (or even concoct a story);
04. Desmond is the only former Islander whom vehemently expressed no desire to return to the Island - remember his outburst at the Lamp Post station? Kate was sufficiently spooked by Claire telling her not to bring him back;
05. Why is Kate so upset then?... Because Desmond and Penny are (supposedly) living their life on the run from Charles Widmore. If Widmore has no means to find them with all his wealth and power, how would Kate ever be able to find them again?

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile

Cassidy is improbable.

01. She lived too far away for Kate to contact her; concoct a story why she was leaving a child with her and then get onto Flight 316;
02. Aside from breaking the terms of her probation by leaving California, the cops may have been on her tail for Child Abandonment. Kate knew nothing of Cassidy (even though they had met), let alone whether she could trust her or not;
03. Why would Kate be so traumatised by leaving the child with a woman whom is already a caring mother?

Carole is unlikely.

01. Telling Carole that Claire didn't die in the crash, but lived to give birth, would blow the O6's cover if Carole blabbed to anyone else. Again, Carole may have called the authorities and pressed charges against Kate for abduction;
02. Carole may have gone straight to the media if she suspected there was any chance of her daughter still being alive. Once she knew that the O6 had lied once, what's to say that they hadn't lied again?
04. Why would Kate be so traumatised by leaving the child with a woman whom is already a mother and presumably so traceable?

01. It just doesn't make sense on any level that Aaron would be where Ji-Yeon is.

03. Kate wouldn't have had to explain the story to them again (or even concoct a story);
04. Desmond is the only former Islander whom vehemently expressed no desire to return to the Island - remember his outburst at the Lamp Post station? Kate was sufficiently spooked by Claire telling her not to bring him back;
05. Why is Kate so upset then?... Because Desmond and Penny are (supposedly) living their life on the run from Charles Widmore. If Widmore has no means to find them with all his wealth and power, how would Kate ever be able to find them again?

I'm so glad you posted this...I was thinking some of the same things in regards to why Aaron would not be with Cassidy or Carole.  It definitely wouldn't make sense that he would be with the Paik family.  I never thought of Des and Penny.

Here's the other question then: If Aaron was with Des and Penny--do you think he STILL is with them.  We know Ben's plans have been to kill Penny--and when he came back all bloodied..do you think he went after Penny (maybe he was successful in killing her, maybe not), and in the process kidnapped Aaron?

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
I'm so glad you posted this...I was thinking some of the same things in regards to why Aaron would not be with Cassidy or Carole.  It definitely wouldn't make sense that he would be with the Paik family.  I never thought of Des and Penny.

Here's the other question then: If Aaron was with Des and Penny--do you think he STILL is with them.  We know Ben's plans have been to kill Penny--and when he came back all bloodied..do you think he went after Penny (maybe he was successful in killing her, maybe not), and in the process kidnapped Aaron?
And, did what with him?  And, if he kidnapped Aaron, would he not have also kidnapped Charlie?  I mean, why one and not the other?  I don't know about kidnapping here.  He called from the marina pretty messed up.  He still had to seek some kind of medical attention from whomever someone like Ben goes to.  He had a plane to catch and no reason (that I can think of) to kidnap anyone.  Kate was already going.. Aaron's presence on Desmond's boat (if this is the case) would pretty much indicate that.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile

Cassidy is improbable.

Carole is unlikely.

Re: Cassidy.

Sawyer asked Kate to do something. I would assume it was to talk to Cassidy and/or Clementine, but we haven't had that revealed yet. If Kate talked to Cassidy, then it is quite possible that she could meet up with her and give Aaron over. I don't think this is what happened, but it isn't implausible.

Re: Carole.

It is possible that Kate gave Carole Aaron without telling her about Claire. It is also possible that she told Carole the truth and hoped that Carole didn't blab. However, they were leaving the next day, so they would be able to disappear in plenty of time. As for being traumatized, she spent the last 3 years treating Aaron as her own son. You would be traumatized to give up your kid to anyone, even a good mother, especially if you believed you would never see your child again (which Kate had good reason to think so).

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile

And, did what with him?  And, if he kidnapped Aaron, would he not have also kidnapped Charlie?  I mean, why one and not the other?  I don't know about kidnapping here.  He called from the marina pretty messed up.  He still had to seek some kind of medical attention from whomever someone like Ben goes to.  He had a plane to catch and no reason (that I can think of) to kidnap anyone.  Kate was already going.. Aaron's presence on Desmond's boat (if this is the case) would pretty much indicate that.

Am I remembering wrong, or wasn't the lawyer who spoke to Kate about giving up Aaron connected with Ben?  Is it too far-fetched to say that Ben wanted/needed Aaron for something?

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile

Am I remembering wrong, or wasn't the lawyer who spoke to Kate about giving up Aaron connected with Ben?  Is it too far-fetched to say that Ben wanted/needed Aaron for something?
With this show.. not at all.  But, the lawyer stunt was designed to get Kate to return to the island.  It's always possible that there could be another reason but we haven't been given reason to think there's one.  Ben's goal was to get back to the island and he needed Kate to go, too.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
I think Aaron was always supposed to go to Claire's mom.

Christian to locke in Jacob's cabin: Aaron is where he is supposed to be.
Claire didn't worry about Aaron.
Charlie to Hurley in Santa Rosa: Jack is not supposed to raise him. (who is?)
Claire's mother was in coma and miraculously got better (Jacob cured her
to take care of Aaron, like he cured Rachel's cancer).

I like Aaron being with Claire's mom now.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I think Kate gave Aaron to Claire's mom, too, and didn't want to tell Jack because Jack would try to find him. I mean, nephew and all, and possibly needed on the flight, so, Kate didn't want to take that chance.

YAY! I was right about one thing!!

With Aaron, Kate has never been one to give up. If someone else had taken him, she would have followed him and forgotten about the 316 flight...you remember her reaction when she found out Sun had brought him to the marina. Angry Kate. And she would never have killed him:

She gave him up willingly to someone she trusted. For some reason (which I hope we see in upcoming episodes), she knows she has to be on that flight. But Claire told her not to bring him back (for argument's sake I'm assuming she meant Aaron). When Kate goes to Jack, she's grieving because she didn't want to give him up, but she knew it was the right thing to do.

YAY! I was right about two things! I like Aaron with Claire's mom, too. Like, he's home again, where he's supposed to be. (It might not BE where he's supposed to be if he needs to be on the island, but at least it feels right, now)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
I think Kate gave Aaron to Claire's mom, too, and didn't want to tell Jack because Jack would try to find him. I mean, nephew and all, and possibly needed on the flight, so, Kate didn't want to take that chance.

YAY! I was right about one thing!!

With Aaron, Kate has never been one to give up. If someone else had taken him, she would have followed him and forgotten about the 316 flight...you remember her reaction when she found out Sun had brought him to the marina. Angry Kate. And she would never have killed him:

She gave him up willingly to someone she trusted. For some reason (which I hope we see in upcoming episodes), she knows she has to be on that flight. But Claire told her not to bring him back (for argument's sake I'm assuming she meant Aaron). When Kate goes to Jack, she's grieving because she didn't want to give him up, but she knew it was the right thing to do.

YAY! I was right about two things! I like Aaron with Claire's mom, too. Like, he's home again, where he's supposed to be. (It might not BE where he's supposed to be if he needs to be on the island, but at least it feels right, now)

I'm on board with being glad that Kate returned Aaron to his blood relative!  I think that he will be safe with his gramma and well cared for. It really did break my heart when Kate was sitting with Aaron for the last time and crying. You could tell she really, really loved him.  She did the right thing.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Sometimes the best answer is the obvious answer. Great story wrap-up. I'm actually glad it was as predicted since I realised I liked the scene even though it has no shock value.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Claire's Mom was an obvious, but what is even more interesting is that this particular lawyer would be handling the money for Oceanic airlines.

Coincidence?  I wondered about this as Claire's Mom didn't appear to want to rush off and see her grandson asap!

As much as this was a great wrap up I do wonder.  Also the reason I say this is that if she was just there to handle paperwork then why did she have all that food and look like she had been there for a long time.

Becareful this is LOST

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Claire's Mom was an obvious, but what is even more interesting is that this particular lawyer would be handling the money for Oceanic airlines.

Coincidence?  I wondered about this as Claire's Mom didn't appear to want to rush off and see her grandson asap!

As much as this was a great wrap up I do wonder.  Also the reason I say this is that if she was just there to handle paperwork then why did she have all that food and look like she had been there for a long time.

Becareful this is LOST

Oh great. Now I have to worry about Aaron again.   :o