Author Topic: One last time jump?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
One last time jump?
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:06:07 PM »
When Locke fixed the wheel, can we assume the island jumped 1 last time? This could be a jump back to 2005 or even 2008 If not then the I6 are stuck some time before Dharma.

Offline HugeJohnLockeFan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: One last time jump?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:07:35 PM »
Does he die during that last jump or does he die later? That's what I would like to know.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
He has to die later - else his body wouldn't be in a funeral home in LA!

Also, Ben was spat out when he turned the wheel.  I wonder where Ben will land when he comes out.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
Does he die during that last jump or does he die later? That's what I would like to know.

We will have this answer in full when they air that episode a bit later.  Life and death of jeremy bentham.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »
He talks to the O6 then "commits suicide" setting the events in motion to bring everyone together again to go back to the island.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »

We will have this answer in full when they air that episode a bit later.  Life and death of jeremy bentham.

and maybe why they call him Jeremy Bentham http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

Offline Fenster

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »
He talks to the O6 then "commits suicide" setting the events in motion to bring everyone together again to go back to the island.
Are we even sure that Locke is really dead?  It's possible he's just been tranq'd like Sayid.  Ben's a sneaky bastard remember.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:28 AM »
Locke's dead.  I'd bet money on it.  It wouldn't surprise me if he resurrected somehow or maybe turned into a Christian ghost.  But I think he killed himself.  If he didn't, and he hatched some plot with Ben to play dead, then get ready for Christian to get pissed about Locke not listening again.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »
Locke's dead.  I'd bet money on it.  It wouldn't surprise me if he resurrected somehow or maybe turned into a Christian ghost.  But I think he killed himself.  If he didn't, and he hatched some plot with Ben to play dead, then get ready for Christian to get pissed about Locke not listening again.

Yeah, Christian seemed more than a little upset at Locke about that. But he should have known that Ben would try to trick Locke. Someone on another thread was saying that maybe Ben never really saw Jacob at all, but just put on a show for Locke...I'm a little more inclined to believe it now.

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 02:34:08 AM »
Yes, I think we can assume there was one last time jump.  And I think that those left behind (Sawyer, Miles, Jin, etc.) are going to be stuck in the Dharma Initiative time that we saw at the beginning of this season --- with the Candle guy and the baby, the discovery of the wheel at the Orchid and Daniel working with DI construction people .  I think our Islanders are going to be/have been stuck in this time since Locke turned the wheel (approx. 3 years or so, or whatever.) 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
i think that when the wheel was fixed, placed back on it's axis, they were put back in the CURRENT (2005) time.  locke will jump, end up somewhere, like ben did, but the others will be on the island in 2005 time.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 10:52:27 AM »
But then how does Dan make it back to the Orchid construction? I say they are back in Dharma times and Dan activates the time travel to put them back to 2005-2008.

Offline OhJoy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:57 AM »
Please excuse my time travel inexperience... but even if Locke turns the wheel and it puts time on the island to 2005 when they should be...  3 years have gone by off the island and even though on the show they make it seem like this is happening simultaneously is really isn't.. is that right?   it has only been a couple days since the helicopter left the island.. but we are seeing now what they are doing three years later. how does this match up?  when Locke leaves the island is he going to 2008 to meet up with everyone?  can someone help me with this?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
I agree that they would have 3 years to make up.

I believe they will be in a time frame with Dharma. We are going to get that story.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 12:13:34 PM »
I agree that they would have 3 years to make up.

I believe they will be in a time frame with Dharma. We are going to get that story.
i agree that they have 3 years to make up.

if they're in a time frame with dharma how do they get to the current time?