Author Topic: Danielle is preggers  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Gmonkey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Danielle is preggers
« on: February 11, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »
ok, please forgive me of my stupidity but...

Danielle is obviously up the duff when she gets on the island right? well isn't ben the father??

have i missed something or did ben know danielle off the island, or do i have the whole thing wrong?

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Danielle is preggers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
Ben is not the biological father. I believe Robert is the bio-dad (the one who brought her the water to give to Jin). Ben is the stole-the-baby-and-claimed-her-as-his-own daddy.

p.s. I love the phrase "up the duff". ha!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:06:32 AM by CastawayCayley »

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »
I've always thought that Danielle had met Ben before she caught him in a net and I am literally peeing myself with excitement at her flashback

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »
He meet her when he stole Alex from her.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »
But didn't she say she didn't know about the others before she caught Ben in the net - I would have to re-watch a lot of Lost to remember exactly but I posted this at the time

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=3924.0
(although a lot of these questions have probably been answered or are now unimportant)

I'm hoping her flashback shows when she caught Ben as it's always bugged me a bit, it always felt like she was hiding something  ???

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:53:16 PM »
When Sayid is captured by Danielle, he asks her, "Have you seen other people on this island?" And she replies, "No, but I hear them." So how does she know that they're real, and that they're the ones who took Alex if she didn't see them? But if she did see them, I don't think she knows Ben is the one who is raising Alex as his own. Otherwise, she would have killed him when he was caught in her net.

Unless, of course, she is in cahoots with the whole lot of them...which would explain a lot. But also contradict a lot, too. ???

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
I went and found some transcripts with some of the dialogue that may help here:

From Solitary, S1

SAYID: What is this place? Those batteries -- they wouldn't be able to produce enough power to transmit your distress call all these years.
DANIELLE: I broadcast from somewhere else. But they control it now.
SAYID: They?
DANIELLE: You. And the others like you.

later in the same epi:

DANIELLE: We were part of a science team.
SAYID: A science team armed with rifles? Was Robert on the team?
DANIELLE: Yes.
SAYID: And Alex, was he, too?
DANIELLE: Our vessel was 3 days out of Tahiti when our instruments malfunctioned. It was night, a storm, the sounds. The ship slammed into rocks, ran aground, the hull breached beyond repair. So, we made camp, dug out this temporary shelter. Temporary. Nearly 2 months we survived here, 2 months before --
SAYID: Your distress signal? The message I heard, you said, "It killed them all."
DANIELLE: We were coming back from the Black Rock. It was them. They were the carriers.
SAYID: Who were the carriers?
DANIELLE: The others.
SAYID: What others? What is the Black Rock? Have you seen other people on this island?
DANIELLE: No, but I hear them. Out there, in the jungle. They whisper. You think I'm insane.
SAYID: I think you've been alone for too long.

and in Exodus Part 1:

SAYID: Danielle? Danielle? What are you doing here?
DANIELLE: The others are coming.
[COMMERCIAL BREAK]
DANIELLE: Our ship went aground on this island 16 years ago. There were 6 of us -- my team, 6. At that time I was already 7 months pregnant. I delivered the infant myself. The baby and I were together for only 1 week when I saw black smoke -- a pillar of black smoke 5 kilometers inland. That night they came -- they came and took her -- Alex. They took my baby. And now, they're coming again. They're coming for all of you.
JACK: Who's coming?
DANIELLE: The others. You have only 3 choices -- run, hide, or die.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »
I wanted to also add that I always felt Danielle was telling the truth about having Alex taken against her will. She seemed legitimate the scenes where she saw Alex for the first time after 16 years, and I believe that had she known she had the man who stole her infant she would have tortured him the way she tortured Sayid to get info. In fact, why would she tie up Sayid and torture him to get info if she was in cahoots with the others and gave them her baby willingly... I mean, besides for the fact that she's insane?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
She never saw the others though and when she said she heard them I assumed she meant the jungle whispers - I just never believed that she would hand Ben over to Sayid after she caught him in the net as easily as she did - I want to see if she had a conversation with Ben at the time before she brought Sayid to him

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »
Does Anyone think that the others took baby Alex because they thought she could be the next leader (like Richard told Locke, the leader is recruited at a very young age). Samething for the tailies when they took the childrens.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
She never saw the others though and when she said she heard them I assumed she meant the jungle whispers - I just never believed that she would hand Ben over to Sayid after she caught him in the net as easily as she did - I want to see if she had a conversation with Ben at the time before she brought Sayid to him

Maybe she was in cahoots but didn't know it... Ben could have told her anything, maybe even convincing her to turn him over to the Losties and making it think it was her idea. I always thought it wasn't Danielle's style to run to someone else for help.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
Yeah, she should have tortured Ben like she tortured Sayid. Instead, she just turns him over to the Losties and says, "You interrogate him, whatever.." Doesn't seem like the same Danielle that snatched Sayid only to ask in multiple languages, "Where is Alex?" I really hope we get some answers tonight.

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »
Cayley: I was reading the script you provided and noticed that there were six french people who came to the island. then there is the Oceanic 6, 6 people fit aboard the zodiac, and i'm betting that there were 6 rambo guys that came over on the helicopter. Has there ever been any indication that more than 6 came at one time? Could turn out to be total nonsense but I was curious.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Cayley: I was reading the script you provided and noticed that there were six french people who came to the island. then there is the Oceanic 6, 6 people fit aboard the zodiac, and i'm betting that there were 6 rambo guys that came over on the helicopter. Has there ever been any indication that more than 6 came at one time? Could turn out to be total nonsense but I was curious.

I don't think that's nonsense at all... it's definitely a pattern. I'll have to look into that a little more. Good catch!