Author Topic: Danielle's boat is Besixdouze?  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Danielle's boat is Besixdouze?
« on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »
Since most ships have the name of the vessel written on most equipment and objects, can we assume Danielle's ships name is Besixdouze? Also we should be able to agree that the episode title was refering to Danielle's shipwreck and not a little blonde haired kid. Then again they did show his birth during this episode. :-\

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Danielle's boat is Besixdouze?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Lostpedia assumed that their research boat was called BeSix Douze because that canister had it written on it.  But apart from that single clue, we have yet to learn the boat's name.

It's OK for a show title to refer to more than one thing :o)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Lostpedia assumed that their research boat was called BeSix Douze because that canister had it written on it.  But apart from that single clue, we have yet to learn the boat's name.

It's OK for a show title to refer to more than one thing :o)

In Lost, it's encouraged to have more than one meaning.  ;D

I thought BeSixDouze referred to the boat's name, too, mainly because I couldn't think of any other reason it would be stamped on the canister.

Offline marshmallowhobo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:41:20 PM »
Plus, they're a team of scientists so it would make sense for the boat be called Besixdouze in reference to the asteroid.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
What I am wondering (or theorizing) is if an asteroid is a big piece of the puzzle.

I mean did the “exotic matter” that gives the island all it's mystical power get delivered by an asteroid at some point in the past?

Then it was the research and harnessing of this mystical power that resulted in the different groups coming to the island (like dharma).

Maybe these groups used the H-Bomb material from last week to harness the power of this “exotic matter”

??Where else would exotic matter come from??

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:10 PM »
what if the island is an asteroid that had crashed to earth

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
What I am wondering (or theorizing) is if an asteroid is a big piece of the puzzle.

I mean did the “exotic matter” that gives the island all it's mystical power get delivered by an asteroid at some point in the past?

Then it was the research and harnessing of this mystical power that resulted in the different groups coming to the island (like dharma).

Maybe these groups used the H-Bomb material from last week to harness the power of this “exotic matter”

Exotic matter comes from Exotic dancers LOL !!

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »
what if the island is an asteroid that had crashed to earth

could be -- maybe it is the asteroid the killed the dinosaurs, ....and smokie came with it?

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »

Exotic matter comes from Exotic dancers LOL !!

we all missed it,  Nikki is the key to the whole show

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
B-6-12 is the name of The Little Prince's home asteroid and it's probably the name of Rousseau's boat.

The episode is a play on the name of the novel and either Aaron or Ji Yeon.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »
if you can trust Wiki...my favorite place to find stuff ::)

46610 Besixdouze (1993 TQ1) is an asteroid belonging to the asteroid belt. It was discovered by Kin Endate and Kazuo Watanabe on October 15, 1993.

The name of the asteroid is a reference to The Little Prince, who lived on an asteroid named B612. The name Bésixdouze is the concatenation of B, six and douze, French for "B six twelve". Also, 46610 is the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal number B612.
-Wikipedia

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
Who knows. This show could end up being explained scientifically and not have anything to do with paranormal activity. I mean, an asteroid? That could explain a lot.