Author Topic: TORCH THE ISLAND  (Read 1778 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
TORCH THE ISLAND
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Last season when Keamy said he was going to torch the island, I said how the hell is he going to do that? Now I think he was going to use "JUGHEAD"!! Widmore new the bomb was buried on the island and where it was. That would be the only way they could torch the island. Any thoughts?

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: TORCH THE ISLAND
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »
Hmmm....interesting idea and it would work - the island would be scoured if not destroyed.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »
Why would Widmore want the island to be destroyed or at least rendered uninhabitable? Are we not all thinking he wants to get back to it for personal or financial reasons?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
Last season when Keamy said he was going to torch the island, I said how the hell is he going to do that? Now I think he was going to use "JUGHEAD"!! Widmore new the bomb was buried on the island and where it was. That would be the only way they could torch the island. Any thoughts?

That makes alot of sense. Widmore would have knowledge of Jughead being on the island, and if the Others from '54 did bury it, then he would probably know where it was buried.

Why would Widmore want the island to be destroyed or at least rendered uninhabitable? Are we not all thinking he wants to get back to it for personal or financial reasons?

I wouldn't be surprised if the island actually can't be destroyed at all, but to torch it means literally that. Set the bomb off, kill everything on the island, and start over.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Even if that was Keamy's plan, as directed my Chuck, the island wouldn't be inhabitable for decades after a nuke.  Jacob magic metaphor box or not.
We've sometimes used the word torch, in the military, as meaning to completely erase all existence of civilization.  Sanitize.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »
Even if that was Keamy's plan, as directed my Chuck, the island wouldn't be inhabitable for decades after a nuke.  Jacob magic metaphor box or not.
We've sometimes used the word torch, in the military, as meaning to completely erase all existence of civilization.  Sanitize.

Well, when you're speaking of a magic metaphor box, and a fictional TV show, all things are possible.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:57:37 AM by BobBX542 »

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
Word. ;)

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
Well if Widmore can't have it, then maybe he would make sure no one else could. I wonder why he wants the island so bad anyway. Just to have it?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
I wonder why he wants the island so bad anyway. Just to have it?

I'm still unsure as to why Richard and The Others are there!!!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »
I wonder why he wants the island so bad anyway. Just to have it?

I'm still unsure as to why Richard and The Others are there!!!

Maybe they are like oxpecker birds.

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861636231/oxpecker.html

They are there to keep the island "clean" for the sole purpose of being able to prosper.