Author Topic: Who Do The Dart Shooters Work For? Kate?  (Read 6592 times)

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Who Do The Dart Shooters Work For? Kate?
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
Someone wants Sayid captured, not killed.  They keep trying to subdue him with tranquilizer darts.  Last night when he had the "nurse" in a hold with the tubing, Sayid asked him who sent him and eased up on the pressure.  The guy said something like, "address...pocket".  Sayid then shot him with darts and took the wallet and a slip of paper, with Kate's address, out of the guy's pocket.

Was the answer to Sayid's question, "Who sent you?" the person at the address in my pocket, i.e. Kate?

I usually think that the source of all evil is Ben.  He knows that Sayid is influencing Hugo against him.  Yet he still needs Sayid back on the Island with the other five, plus Locke.  Tranq'ing him would solve both problems.  But why then did the guy in the scrubs tell Sayid that the answer to his question was the Kate's address?

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do The Dart Shooters Work For? Kate?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
It could be Widmore wanting to get some info from Sayid regarding Ben. Ben did say he was the one trying to get Aaron, but that could be to throw Kate (and everyone else) off....

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »
I think they work for Ben, because out of everyone Sayid seem to know the most about Ben's true motives and Ben knows that Sayid could be trouble for him, so all the easier to get him back to the island with him pumped full of horse tranquilizers.

.......pumped full of horse tranquilizers, sounds like my saturday night. jk ;D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
We still don't know whom hired Elsa to shoot Sayid in Berlin - and she had a real gun.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
What did that guy say in the hospital room when Sayid was choking him?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:54:18 PM »
I think they work for Ben, because out of everyone Sayid seem to know the most about Ben's true motives and Ben knows that Sayid could be trouble for him, so all the easier to get him back to the island with him pumped full of horse tranquilizers.

That's what I'm thinking.  I still want to know why Ben & Sayid are on the outs.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
I think it's because they had a disagreement on one of Ben's targets.  I think her name was Penny.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »

that was what I thought until I saw bens face last night lol!  :D

I think it's because they had a disagreement on one of Ben's targets.  I think her name was Penny.

ouuu good one! sounds good to me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:16:12 AM by Mrs Hume »

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:37:20 AM »
I thought they would be working for Widmore. Or that's who they want us think.

Offline beanblog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »
After learning it was Ben behind the manipulation of Kate, I tend to think it was Ben trying to trank Sayid to make it easier for him to get him back to the island.  Asmodean: I like your idea... Sayid was killing off targets picked out by Ben... most likely Widmore associates right, so why not Penny.

As for who was trying to kill him - I think that's gotta be Widmore. 

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »
Someone wants Sayid captured, not killed.  They keep trying to subdue him with tranquilizer darts.  Last night when he had the "nurse" in a hold with the tubing, Sayid asked him who sent him and eased up on the pressure.  The guy said something like, "address...pocket".  Sayid then shot him with darts and took the wallet and a slip of paper, with Kate's address, out of the guy's pocket.

Was the answer to Sayid's question, "Who sent you?" the person at the address in my pocket, i.e. Kate?

I usually think that the source of all evil is Ben.  He knows that Sayid is influencing Hugo against him.  Yet he still needs Sayid back on the Island with the other five, plus Locke.  Tranq'ing him would solve both problems.  But why then did the guy in the scrubs tell Sayid that the answer to his question was the Kate's address?

My guess is that the address in the orderlies pocket was his next victim.    He was probably just going to use it to try to get the drop on Sayid.    But that didn't work, Sayid dropped him.   

If the Dart People are trying to get both Sayid and Kate, then Ben is probably not behind them.  He already has the laywer angle with Kate.  He could threaten to let Claire's mom know what really going on if she doesn't go along.   My guess is that Widmore is trying to gather whatever information he can.   He wants the O6 for questioning.   He had someone outside watching Hurley, and is trying for Kate and Sayid.   Sun has already talked with him and is working with him to get Ben.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 12:13:45 PM »
I believe the tranquilizer guys are working for Ben.  I like the theory that Sayid disagreed on Penny as a target... great motive.  But, motive aside, Ben needs Sayid to return to the island and he no longer has his trust (if he truly ever had it) so taking him unwillingly is the next option.  Also, Ben knew that Sayid was at the hospital with Jack... who else would have known that??

It also fits with Kate's address in the guy's wallet... Ben's next tranquing target.  I can't imagine for a moment that Ben only had one plan to try and get Kate back to the island.  I doubt he ever leaves home without a minimum of 5 plans for whatever he's planning on doing for the day.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
It's too bad the cops didn't work for Ben, how uncool would that have been to Hurley?

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »
It's an interesting idea, that Sayid had a conflict with killing Penny. It makes perfect sense. He doesn't let Ben go to get Hurley by himself because he remembers how deceiving Ben can be.
Sounds like trust issues to me.

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
Ahhhh Ben's behind it all.  If Sayid was dead it would have been even easier to get him basck to the island.  A traq is  good too.