Author Topic: Vincent's leash  (Read 9745 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Vincent's leash
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
I am not sure why but the scene where Locke finds Vincent's leash is bugging me.  Maybe it was just a reminder that he is running around somewhere.  It just seemed like an odd time to bring him up.  Anybody have a profound statement about this?  I feel like there is more there but not sure what it could be.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent's leash
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »
He turned back into Smokey and is on the attack. ;)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »
a prelude to walt maybe !?  :-[ :-\

Ps, it didn't give me a good feeling. like it was so in the future and the leash was from so long ago, abandoned, forgotten. Like everyone was dead.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:56:18 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
I agree, and I also think it served to show that this was, in fact, their old camp...not some other survivors' camp.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »
uuuuw YEAH!  :o that too!  exellent point TheBrightandTheDark  !

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:29:10 AM »
The weird thing would be that most of the time he had a leash on.  So if he timetraveled as well why would his leash not go with him like the clothes go with our losties.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »
Uh my first thought when we saw the leash was that Vincent had become a meal....notice all the food and beer was gone....I know twisted, but there it is...

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
The weird thing would be that most of the time he had a leash on.  So if he timetraveled as well why would his leash not go with him like the clothes go with our losties.

Yeah, I didn't  think the Vincent time traveled for some reason. but now that I am thinking about it,that's  an interesting point . WHERE is Vincent NOW!?  DID he time travel. was that moment so much further into the future that it was after the island was fixed and everyone was dead already?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
IT was showing us that they were in the future and that Vincent is now dead.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
that was my very first impression.

Offline themaven

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:40:39 PM »
Definitely seems like they wanted it to look like some time had passed since the camp was used.. The other thing that bothers me is that the Losties always kept the camp in order and neat, yet there were empty beer cans and debris all over?? My guess would be, they abandoned the camp, then some time later.. maybe years.. Widmore's people show up in the wooden boats

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »

Yeah, I didn't  think the Vincent time traveled for some reason. but now that I am thinking about it,that's  an interesting point . WHERE is Vincent NOW!?  DID he time travel. was that moment so much further into the future that it was after the island was fixed and everyone was dead already?

In one of the flashes, I was sure Vincent was watching.  When Vincent is hiding in the brush, just observing...the way everything is filmed changes.  It's shakier, it's filmed through trees.  I remember several episodes where it was filmed this way and/or the Losties had that 'ooo, we're being followed' attitude...and then cue the big sigh of relief----it's ONLY Vincent.

In the flash in Jughead, when they meet young Widmore and his soldier friend and have guns on them....there is the same shaky filming through trees.  Re-watch it and let me know what you think....because when I saw that, the first thing I thought was "holy crap...it's Vincent."

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
Definitely seems like they wanted it to look like some time had passed since the camp was used.. The other thing that bothers me is that the Losties always kept the camp in order and neat, yet there were empty beer cans and debris all over?? My guess would be, they abandoned the camp, then some time later.. maybe years.. Widmore's people show up in the wooden boats

If everyone from the camp disappeared in their time-travel adventures, the camp wouldn't have been used since then, so definitely some time has passed. I think this means that we've been flashing to times post-2005 time-jump. I also first thought that Vincent may have been eaten...morbid I know, but I'm relieved I wasn't the only one who thought that.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 02:56:29 PM »
It could have been another bunch of future survivors' dog leash.

I don't know what the significance was - especially with all those empty beer cans. I'd assumed Vincent was with Rose and Bernard (and I can't imagine those two getting wrecked on all that beer).

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
Vincent was never really on the leash for the entire series, I do not think them finding the leash is evidence of his death.