Author Topic: Time Collapsing  (Read 2827 times)

Offline PK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Time Collapsing
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »
I wonder if time is collapsing or rather the 4th dimension?

If all time exists at the same time, then everything is happening in the present in parallel.  If Time collapses, then every point in time will expose itself to each other in the present. I wonder if this is the problem that everyone is worried about.

I think Claire experienced this in season 2 episode 15 where she saw herself talking to Ethan on the log.
Also Desmond saw multiple images of Calvin when he washed up on the island in season 2 episode 23 however his story changed about how he ended up in the hatch in season 2 episode 2.

The whole nosebleed situation I think is related to the movie the Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher. If they had been on the island before, i guess each jump is just adding more memories to their mind even if they can't access them immediately.

The whole island jumping seems to be explained in the movie The Time Machine (1960) at about 13min into the movie.
Also season 4 episode 3 explains that the island is off by about 31 minutes.

If the 4th dimension collapses then everyone will seize to exist?  I am wondering if that is what has happened and has caused them to get stuck in the loop and repeat what they are doing with slight changes (Dan's notebook).  Maybe Dan is leaving hints along the way to remind him to do something different the next time like that episode of Star Trek TNG.

What year did the find the plane?  Dan didn't know anything when he saw it on TV and I am assuming the girl he was with was Theresa.
Charlotte also found the polar bear remains in the desert. Was that the polar bear the killed on the island or does that mean that the polar bear may have pushed the donkey wheel before or is the desert actually on the island?

I got a headache now :P

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Time Collapsing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »

If all time exists at the same time, then everything is happening in the present in parallel.  If Time collapses, then every point in time will expose itself to each other in the present. I wonder if this is the problem that everyone is worried about.

I think Claire experienced this in season 2 episode 15 where she saw herself talking to Ethan on the log. I so don't remember that! I was wondering if anything like that might have happened but I was too lazy to go looking into it. I'm going to go watch that one again!
Also Desmond saw multiple images of Calvin when he washed up on the island in season 2 episode 23 however his story changed about how he ended up in the hatch in season 2 episode 2.  and maybe that one too!

The whole nosebleed situation I think is related to the movie the Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher. If they had been on the island before, i guess each jump is just adding more memories to their mind even if they can't access them immediately. Freakin awesome ideas
The whole island jumping seems to be explained in the movie The Time Machine (1960) at about 13min into the movie. I've seen it but don't remember that either lol

If the 4th dimension collapses then everyone will seize to exist?  I am wondering if that is what has happened and has caused them to get stuck in the loop and repeat what they are doing with slight changes (Dan's notebook).  Maybe Dan is leaving hints along the way to remind him to do something different the next time like that episode of Star Trek TNG. OMG. I thought the same thing (and I have posted this also somewhere)(minus the star trek thing) because I noticed Dan checking his book before he does stuff. even stupid stuff. Did you knotice he checked his book before Charlotte sat down to eat the fruit she got for them? it was a small thing but it struck me as strange. and he checked his book before banging on the hatch....

What year did the find the plane?  Dan didn't know anything when he saw it on TV and I am assuming the girl he was with was Theresa. hummm that I don't know about. Theresa? can someone confirm this? actresses name maybe? also, why do you say Dan didn't know anything. he knew something because his reaction was of someone who was emotionally connected to the crash. but that will be a big part of his story no doubt/
Charlotte also found the polar bear remains in the desert. Was that the polar bear the killed on the island or does that mean that the polar bear may have pushed the donkey wheel before or is the desert actually on the island? When that episode aired we all thought maybe they trained the polar bear to turn the wheel, or it was part of an experiment by Dharma. Now that we have seen all this time jumping stuff, I think it's safe to assume we were right about that.

that was a great post. you brought up a lot of stuff I have had my suspicions about too. You say "If all time exists at the same time, then everything is happening in the present in parallel."  I believe that is why Desmond remembered that Dan knocked on the hatch door when he did.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »
What year did the find the plane?  Dan didn't know anything when he saw it on TV and I am assuming the girl he was with was Theresa.

The plane is found in Season 4, Episode 2 "Confirmed Dead"
According to Lostpedia, it takes place 91-92 days after the crash.
When Daniel sees the news report and cries, he is with a "caretaker" who asks him why he is upset and he replies that he doesn't know.

They never show the face of the caretaker.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »

The plane is found in Season 4, Episode 2 "Confirmed Dead"
According to Lostpedia, it takes place 91-92 days after the crash.
When Daniel sees the news report and cries, he is with a "caretaker" who asks him why he is upset and he replies that he doesn't know.

They never show the face of the caretaker.

Do we know WHEN they found the plane? because in confirmed dead, only real time (island time) is day 91-92. All the scenes with the boat finding the plane of 815,Dan, miles , Charlotte, were all  flashbacks.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »
In the first 10 days of december 2004, when Tom visited Michael in New York.
After Michael left and before he returned.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »

I think Claire experienced this in season 2 episode 15 where she saw herself talking to Ethan on the log.
Also Desmond saw multiple images of Calvin when he washed up on the island in season 2 episode 23 however his story changed about how he ended up in the hatch in season 2 episode 2.

The whole nosebleed situation I think is related to the movie the Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher. If they had been on the island before, i guess each jump is just adding more memories to their mind even if they can't access them immediately.

The whole island jumping seems to be explained in the movie The Time Machine (1960) at about 13min into the movie.

If the 4th dimension collapses then everyone will seize to exist?  I am wondering if that is what has happened and has caused them to get stuck in the loop and repeat what they are doing with slight changes (Dan's notebook).  Maybe Dan is leaving hints along the way to remind him to do something different the next time like that episode of Star Trek TNG.

Charlotte also found the polar bear remains in the desert. Was that the polar bear the killed on the island or does that mean that the polar bear may have pushed the donkey wheel before or is the desert actually on the island?

Is it time collapsing or the storyline...lolololololol

sincerly
your loyal Lost fan....

Offline PK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:07:23 AM »
Here is the clip from the Time Machine 1960 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0nJhpCmznU&feature=PlayList&p=2122562D3EB6C73F&index=43

These are the episodes of Star Trek that I was thinking of:

Star Trek TNG 5x18  Cause and Effect :

Caught in a temporal causality loop.
Talks about how whispers are echos of previous loops in time.
Send a message which appears in the form of a number 3 that appears everywhere when the loop restarts.

Star Trek TNG 7x11 Parallels

Warf is shifting between realities after entering a fissure which weakened barriers between quantum realities.
When the barriers breakdown, all realities begin exposing themselves.
By reentering the fissure and sealing it, everything will be restored to normal and Warf will be returned a few days before or after the actual day.

Star Trek TNG 5x26 and 6x01 Times Arrow

Distortions in time.  Aliens are detected and can be seen as ghosts by using a device.
Presents time as a straight line that is always moving forward and cannot be changed. Destiny will fulfill itself.
Though captain Pacard went back in time and meets Gainan, this is part of his future not his past.  This is when Gainan first meets him and is fully aware of this when they meet on the Enterprise, but Pacard doesn't know it at that time because it hasn't happened yet.

I think with Faraday not knowing why he was upset during the news is because he is in a loop so while he feels something, he doesn't know why. This is because it will be in his future. His whole adventure on the island hadn't happened yet.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »
Here is the clip from the Time Machine 1960 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0nJhpCmznU&feature=PlayList&p=2122562D3EB6C73F&index=43

These are the episodes of Star Trek that I was thinking of:

Star Trek TNG 5x18  Cause and Effect :

Caught in a temporal causality loop.
Talks about how whispers are echos of previous loops in time.
Send a message which appears in the form of a number 3 that appears everywhere when the loop restarts. This part I don't understand ???

Star Trek TNG 7x11 Parallels

Warf is shifting between realities after entering a fissure which weakened barriers between quantum realities.
When the barriers breakdown, all realities begin exposing themselves.
By reentering the fissure and sealing it, everything will be restored to normal and Warf will be returned a few days before or after the actual day.

Star Trek TNG 5x26 and 6x01 Times Arrow

Distortions in time.  Aliens are detected and can be seen as ghosts by using a device.
Presents time as a straight line that is always moving forward and cannot be changed. Destiny will fulfill itself.
Though captain Pacard went back in time and meets Gainan, this is part of his future not his past.  This is when Gainan first meets him and is fully aware of this when they meet on the Enterprise, but Pacard doesn't know it at that time because it hasn't happened yet.
This is also like Richard and Lockes meeting. Richard didn't remember the 1952 meeting when he first had it. or when he first met locke as an adult.
I think with Faraday not knowing why he was upset during the news is because he is in a loop so while he feels something, he doesn't know why. This is because it will be in his future. His whole adventure on the island hadn't happened yet.
yes, i think  he had that meeting with Desmond at oxford in 1996 (or he will)! I'm sure he was remembering that with out consciously knowing it.(because it will happen or did oh whatever lol) and then 8 yrs later he will cry when he sees the plane found and then he will go on the freighter!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:07:58 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
oh goodness,I think I just figured it out! The reason there are no known paradox's it because everyone will lose their memory and will not remember the future past. so that is why Richard didn't remember John  and Dan doesn't remember Desmond when he sees him on the island. that is why Dan needed that care taker! he lost his memory! So no paradox's! Wee hee.
Now I'm thinking Claire did a time jump or  travel with Eathen or maybe not but Claire lost her memory for a very long time. I bet the reason for that will come out now too and it will have something to do with the whole time travel craziness.