Author Topic: Wooden Boats timeline  (Read 4948 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Boat from the Abandoned Camp
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »
The Zodiac remained in the time period in which it had originally been abandoned.

The Outrigger traveled with them during the flash because it was connected to their butts, I suppose.  The "rules" about time traveling are always going to come down to some kind of corny plot device.  In The Terminator, it had to be naked organic matter only.  In BttF, it's whatever fits in a Delorean.  Seems like in Voyagers, it was whatever they were holding.

IMO, what distinguishes Lost is that it's The Island that is moving under the feet or boat of The Losties.  When I write "The Island", that includes Richard Alpert and his people along with anything that's dropped by the so-called time traveling Losties.

Offline TimeTravelIsCool

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: The Boat from the Abandoned Camp
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:12 AM »
I was almost thinking the boat would disappear .......... my mind went wild about how they are able to take things with them to new time periods. What properties of time-travel allow them to keep things and take things into different time periods?

That is quite an interesting thought - why can they take anything with them? hopefully that will be explained.

But if they can't take a boat, then they can't take anything else ..... like clothes !!!

That would be quite funny, and after each jump they would have a mad dash to find something to cover up with!  :o

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Wooden Boats timeline
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
what if that rope sticking out of the ground is the reason why the well is built in first place.

Offline Tastes Like Chicken

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 10:44:44 AM »
I also wondered why the boat was able to move through time.  It should have disappeared in the new timeline.

Also, when Locke goes down the well, Sawyer's end of the rope is still intact insidethe ground yet Locke's end breaks and he falls.  Why? ???

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
The rope did not break, Locke slipped/let go of the rope.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
Jeff Jensen has an interesting theory that it is Jack etc shooting at Sawyer's boat. So it would be sometime in 2008 when they get back to the island.

No idea if it is true or not.
Before reading Jeff Jensen (or our equally brilliant Creflo), I had thought the same thing.  The Others were building a runway on the smaller Island, & these outriggers are similar to those used by Alex & Karl.  So in (very late) response to LB's original question- I think that they did make future jumps.

what if that rope sticking out of the ground is the reason why the well is built in first place.
Cool idea.  Very possible.