Author Topic: John in the "meat locker"...  (Read 8587 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: John in the "meat locker"...
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
I think that in the grand scheme of things, the amount that one group aged versus the other won't matter because in the really real world where we all live, the actors themselves did age, so although it will not be as drastic as seeing Walt grow up so quickly, there is going to be a difference in their appearances. And if the producers/writers feel that is going to be as important as some of us do, then they will be able to explain it away with one line of dialouge about how time and space lined up, and everything moved to where it was suppossed to be in space and time, and that the island survivors aged 3 years in less than three days.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
No, when the wheel was turned all the losties vanished- ask Richard. For the 3 years the O6 have been off the island, the others were alone on the island and experienced time normally. The island losties have been bouncing around for a few days (70 hours is my guess) and will settel in 2008 when Ben and Locke fix the wheel. So from 2005-2008 the losties were not "on the island" they just time traveled past those 3 years.
so you're saying that in 70 hours (your guess) they essentially traveled 3 years?  did they age?

In Back to the Future the Delorian went from 1985-2015 instantaneously. Our losties will end up doing the same thing, they will just be jumping around for 70 hours until they land in 2008.

Let's pretend Sun and Jin were 30 years old when the plane crashed on the island. When the island disappeared Sun got rescued, had her baby and is now 33. Jin went with the island and started to jump around through time for 70 hours until Sun got back. Sun is now 33 and Jin is still 30 and confused about his new 2 1/2 year old daughter. :o

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
No, when the wheel was turned all the losties vanished- ask Richard. For the 3 years the O6 have been off the island, the others were alone on the island and experienced time normally. The island losties have been bouncing around for a few days (70 hours is my guess) and will settel in 2008 when Ben and Locke fix the wheel. So from 2005-2008 the losties were not "on the island" they just time traveled past those 3 years.
so you're saying that in 70 hours (your guess) they essentially traveled 3 years?  did they age?

In Back to the Future the Delorian went from 1985-2015 instantaneously. Our losties will end up doing the same thing, they will just be jumping around for 70 hours until they land in 2008.

Let's pretend Sun and Jin were 30 years old when the plane crashed on the island. When the island disappeared Sun got rescued, had her baby and is now 33. Jin went with the island and started to jump around through time for 70 hours until Sun got back. Sun is now 33 and Jin is still 30 and confused about his new 2 1/2 year old daughter. :o

I agree. that was what I was thinking.
 except for the 70 hrs that you think they are going to jump time for. I don't know how long exactly they are skipping around on the island for, from Richards standpoint. but I do know that Mrs Hawkings told Ben they only have 70 hrs to finish up and get the o6 back. but that wasn't from the point that Ben landed in the desert. He still had to visit sayid and then he killed a lot of people and well, 3 yrs went by. So it's just that 70 hrs was all he had left. albeit  the island time is probably like a day or two for the o6 from Richards point of view.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »
Richard is not jumping so the O6 and I6 will be gone for 3 years to him. I know the 70 hours was how much time Ben has left, I just think the island hoppers will be jumping for the same general amount of time.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

i still don't buy it.  sorry.  i think what we are seeing of the islanders are flashbacks to 2005 (relative to the skipping).  I think they will quit skipping and still be in 2005.  then i think the o6 will come back in 2008/2009.  what happens between 2005-2008 is what we are witnessing now.  we are seeing these 2 times come together.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
but I was under the impression that they can' stop skipping until the o6 come back. which in real time is 3 yrs (or should i say off island time). so they are going to skip for 3 yrs?

also, I think they are leading up to john going back to the real world in the next episode. so i don't think john was there (off island) for three yrs trying to get them (o6) to come back.  or am i missing what you are saying?  (ah so hard to communicate time stuff! ha ha)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

also, I think they are leading up to john going back to the real world in the next episode. so i don't think john was there (off island) for three yrs trying to get them (o6) to come back.  or am i missing what you are saying?  (ah so hard to communicate time stuff! ha ha)

Yeah, I think John is going back to the "real world" (the "O6 world"?) either in the next episode or the beginning of the one after that. John couldn't have been off the island for more than a few months, at most, I'd say, because he didn't show up to the O6 until after Kate's trial, after Hurley went back to the institution, and when Aaron was a toddler. No one mentioned him before any of those things...I think.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
now I just thought of this, I  wonder, are tptb going to show us lockes story off island and not show the o6 going back to the island for another few weeks? oh I hope not!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:37 PM »
now I just thought of this, I  wonder, are tptb going to show us lockes story off island and not show the o6 going back to the island for another few weeks? oh I hope not!

For real, because unless something amazing happened to him off the island (besides dying LOL) then him setting up meetings with Jack and crew is going to be boring as all get out.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »
or they will show john off island and the o6 back on the island. that wont be TOO confusing  ::) ... (not!)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
omb, I can't think about time-traveling and reincarnation and storytelling anymore, my brain will die, for serious. And if Richard doesn't show up in the next few episodes, I'm going to cry.  :'(

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »
omb, I can't think about time-traveling and reincarnation and storytelling anymore, my brain will die, for serious. And if Richard doesn't show up in the next few episodes, I'm going to cry.  :'(

My sentiments exactly!!  ;D

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »
oh no, it doesn't look good about Richard being in next episode.  :-[ I'm thinking it's just a Locke centric episode. him getting off the island right? Don't feel bad, who knows when Desmond will be back. :-[

Offline Grind299

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »
I think that the Islanders will happen to time-jump to 2008 sometime soon and that possibly could the one and only time the O6 can get back to the island. I believe that Ms. Hawking was able to calculate the nearest PLACE and TIME to them where the island will be and that they were lucky that there is a rare window of opportunity that is coming up in "70 hours". Lets say they miss that window, the islanders may never happen to land in 2008 again in time soon enough before they all skip around too much and something horrible happens. It is not uncommon in time-travel stories for people to skip through a portion of world time and that their personal time remained, they could in fact be younger when they meet up with the O6.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
I'm predicting at least one death tomorrow. Something about the title of the episode just makes me lean towards Charlotte.