Author Topic: Jin goes with the island...but the helicopter does not?  (Read 4814 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jin goes with the island...but the helicopter does not?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »
I was also thinking that the radius is two dimensional.  It goes out but not up, which is why the helicopter did not go with the island but Jin did.

Jin must be a super fast swimmer or maybe the freighter was right on the borderline of the radius with Jin on one side and the freighter on the other.
Or maybe there was nobody on the freighter at the time the island moved, so there was no physical connection to it that would allow it to time jump as well.

that could work too.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 04:29:05 PM »
The chopper would've been much closer to The Island "as the crow flies".

The only way I can justify it in my head is that The Island is touching the water which is touching Jin.  The chopper is touching nothing.  The Island brings with it the surrounding ocean (which explains the neat "floomph" as the outside water fills in the hole) and everything in it.  For all we know, The Island may bring the protective reef and everything below the ocean surface.

Wouldn't it be interesting if, when The Island moved in spacetime, it also brought with it the exploded remains of the Kahana which caused Danielle's science team to wreck?

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
The chopper would've been much closer to The Island "as the crow flies".

The only way I can justify it in my head is that The Island is touching the water which is touching Jin.  The chopper is touching nothing.

The chopper is touching the air, which is touching the island...