Author Topic: Who's shooting at us?  (Read 5993 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Who's shooting at us?
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »
Who is shooting at the losties? When were they? It was a flash after the hatch light and Aaron's birth, and one before meeting Rousseau's team. It wasn't the Russian, I don't think. The camp is there but abandoned. The others? Has this happened yet? Did they jump forward or are they still jumping to the past? Any guesses?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:15:31 AM by matahari »

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Who's shooting at us?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:44:08 PM »
It seemed to me that this might have been a jump forward in time.  Because of the fact that the  camp looked abandoned

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:34 PM »
I agree with Crazy . . . I think it had to have been sometime in the future.  Maybe the way the camp was is such disarray has to do with the danger that the Losties are in? 

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:46:06 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree - must be some time in the "future," as in post-2004.  The camp is abandoned since the survivors left the camp when the Island moved.  I just don't get whose boats those were and why they were shooting.  This was a very strange scene - I have to imagine it is something that will be explained later on; it just didn't seem like something they would throw in there for kicks.

But I'm probably wrong...

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:43 PM »
it was definitely in the future. the camp was there with all the hatch supplies. maybe the island appeared close to a canoe race and they decided that they should take a look at the island that wasn't there a moment ago.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 12:43:42 AM »
What if it was themselves in teh future chasing themselves?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »
hahah Could be but I dont think so.  I think it is a different group that brought the boats to the island

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:51:15 AM »
Definitely the future, like 6 months.  Enough time for the wind to blow down some shelters, but not enough time for decay to erase all signs of the camp.

I haven't looked at the Lostie body count, but i'd imagine with all the redshirt carnage lately, we're left with the O6, Jin, Sawyer's ragtag group, and perhaps Rose/Bernie with a couple redshirts of their own bumbling around somewhere.  I wonder how they're handling the time shifts, and if we're gonna get brought up to speed on what they've been up to?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:04:39 AM »
Well if they all have to go back, then it would make them the new other...and seeing as the scene was the future...it could hae been them or some of their group...not just them specifically...

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:53:20 AM »
Well if they all have to go back, then it would make them the new other...and seeing as the scene was the future...it could hae been them or some of their group...not just them specifically...

And what are the repercussions for shooting this unknown person???  How will it effect our Losties in the present or past? I voiced this in another thread, and I'm still confused!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »
What if it was themselves in the future chasing themselves?

I actually think this might have some merit. They get back into the boat and paddle away, a flash happens and they are behind themselves thinking it was the people who shot at them. So Sawyer shots at them not knowing it is his boat. Juliet returns fire and hits Miles in the chest.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
If it is them and it is the future (still not 100% sold on that), wouldn't they know that they are chasing themselves?  They would remember taking the other boat, right?

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
Could be themselves, could be the return team from the future.  This is definately a jump forward, thus adding a new wrinkle to the time warp issues.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
LOST would never have a time traveler see themselves.

(You read me, Darlton?!?!  You'd better not make me a liar!!!)

The other outrigger is the O6 who came back to The Island via Ajira Airlines, (crash?)landed on the Other's runway, took a boat that Ben knew about and chased after the Remnants for as-yet-unknown purposes.

...or kill me.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
what if it is another group of people Widmore sent in the future. He knows where Ellois is in LA, so wouldn't he be able to obtain the information on returning to the Island? They are the one's that are desperate to kill the survivors and anyone on the Island for that matter. What if he sends a group at the same time as the 06 return, then we would end up with another race to save the Island. pretty good story line if you ask me. This seems far better than the 06 shooting at strangers, or the survivors shooting at there past selves, both things that are out of character ( they have only defended themselves not initiated,on Island that is ).