Author Topic: Who sent Sun the package?  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Who sent Sun the package?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 08:21:57 AM »
I'm curious to see how Ben is going to prove to her that Jin is alive (as per next week's preview).

He does have that box he pulled from the vent in the hotel room.

If Ben or the others Die off the island, they still need to be brought back to the island. However if Ben dies then we need a new character to know how to get back to the island.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
There is pictures of what was in the package on the front page.

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/02/5x04-suns-files.php#more

It's from a private investigator and near as I can tell, it is details of surveillance of a woman who never leaves her house, except to check the mailbox 3-7 times a day. The investigator calls the house when he doesn't see her by the window for a certain period of time, and asks for a Lee Chin. At one point the subject goes to a hardware store and buys spray paint and a rock hammer or something, and leaves out the back door in a cab. I also see the word vandalism at the bottom of one page. So, I am totally lost on that one. Is it meaningful, or just pages used the way the obit of Bentham was not really written for the show, but just a prop, and therefore not canon?

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »
Not just a prop.  TPTB are toying with us.  Giving us false trails and leading us one way only to jerk us another.  Or sometimes just leading to the obvious choice that we thought was too obvious to be true.  Its cruel, its twisted, I love it!!

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 10:31:12 AM »
Not just a prop.  TPTB are toying with us.  Giving us false trails and leading us one way only to jerk us another.  Or sometimes just leading to the obvious choice that we thought was too obvious to be true.  Its cruel, its twisted, I love it!!

Yes, we're all just a bunch of masochists!

I'm still thinking that maybe Ben sent Sun a "bum" gun and when she goes to use it, it doesn't work.

Offline PK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
Didn't Ben say who ever moves the island can't return?  So if he dies, then he can.  Isn't that how Locke will return. 

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »
Didn't Ben say who ever moves the island can't return?  So if he dies, then he can.  Isn't that how Locke will return. 

Try to keep in mind that Ben also lies.  A lot.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
Aren't Ben's files always red? The one Sun gets is white, like the one of the
guy who came in the hospital for Sayid.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:33 PM »
matahari, you rock!  i love the idea that ben sent sun the package to get her at the dock.  i think he has it all planned out. 

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
I originally believed it was Ben getting Sun to the pier... fixing the gun so it would be useless.

However, thinking back on it, it seems to me that Sun was expecting the package.  The way she left Aaron alone so she could open the package in private appears as though she knew what was in the package.  She looked under the chocolates in a way that it would seem that she was expecting the gun, too.  Therefore, she either requested the package or she was informed of its arrival and the contents.  So, the person who sent the package to her would have to be someone that she'd have dealings with... such as Widmore.

Offline NorthShoreOGLost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
^True, but it could've been Ben all along posing as someone else trying to get her the gun (i.e. Sun's been unknowingly communicating with Ben to carry out her plot all along).

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »
Who sent Sun the package?

Safe bet says Widmore who Sun tried to make an alliance with. She presumes that he also wants Ben dead. However, I'm not sure that's the case. I don't know if Widmore aver agreed, and I think it's against the rules to kill Ben. Twisted little game!

I'm thinking Ben, himself sent Sun to kill him. He needed an excuse to get Sun there with the rest of them. He did it to Kate. Why not Sun? His best weapon is communication! (and that bada$$ baton) He thinks he can talk himself out of anything, and he's usually right.
Awesome idea, mata!  I can see it all coming together.

There is pictures of what was in the package on the front page.

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/02/5x04-suns-files.php#more

It's from a private investigator and near as I can tell, it is details of surveillance of a woman who never leaves her house, except to check the mailbox 3-7 times a day. The investigator calls the house when he doesn't see her by the window for a certain period of time, and asks for a Lee Chin. At one point the subject goes to a hardware store and buys spray paint and a rock hammer or something, and leaves out the back door in a cab. I also see the word vandalism at the bottom of one page. So, I am totally lost on that one. Is it meaningful, or just pages used the way the obit of Bentham was not really written for the show, but just a prop, and therefore not canon?
Hard to say until we hear it from the horse's mouth, huh.  :-\   

But if there IS a woman being watched, it could be Ms. Hawking.  (Follow me on my logical leaps. ;))  The package could be from Widmore & his team.  Widmore would know that Ben is hanging around her these days.  I believe that Hawking is Dan's mom, & Widmore specifically said on last week's show that Dan's mom is a very "private person" & in LA, & he also cautioned Des to distance himself (& Pen) from the situation asap.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Sun's Surveillance File
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
Have you all seen the large images on the home page? Take a look, specifically at the final page...

http://lost.cubit.net/images/index/investigations/5x04_sun_files_3.jpg

It mentions an animal clinic - I'm guessing that was Ben's base which we saw, around the time Sayid was more "friendly" with Ben...

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Economist

Also interesting is that it mentions a taxi company called "Oxford City Cab" in Los Angeles. There is indeed an area of Los Angeles called Oxford.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&rls=en&q=%22Oxford%22%20loc%3A%20los%20angeles&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

What's more interesting than anything else, is that on the final page of the report, it becomes apparent that it's a woman whom is being tailed by Sun's investigators - not Ben.

Ms. Hawking?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:23:11 PM by MangoBingo »

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »
it's so strange that all of that typed out report is from an online detective game.

maybe they paid lost for advertising, cuz I am strangely compelled to join their site.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sun's Surveillance File
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
The text is from an online RPG?  ???