Author Topic: Who sent Sun the package?  (Read 7595 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Who sent Sun the package?
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »

Safe bet says Widmore who Sun tried to make an alliance with. She presumes that he also wants Ben dead. However, I'm not sure that's the case. I don't know if Widmore aver agreed, and I think it's against the rules to kill Ben. Twisted little game!

I'm thinking Ben, himself sent Sun to kill him. He needed an excuse to get Sun there with the rest of them. He did it to Kate. Why not Sun? His best weapon is communication! (and that bada$$ baton) He thinks he can talk himself out of anything, and he's usually right.

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who sent Sun the package?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
OMG..excellent idea, lol its possible..

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »

Safe bet says Widmore who Sun tried to make an alliance with. She presumes that he also wants Ben dead. However, I'm not sure that's the case. I don't know if Widmore aver agreed, and I think it's against the rules to kill Ben. Twisted little game!

I'm thinking Ben, himself sent Sun to kill him. He needed an excuse to get Sun there with the rest of them. He did it to Kate. Why not Sun? His best weapon is communication! (and that bada$$ baton) He thinks he can talk himself out of anything, and he's usually right.

You have quite the devious mind...brilliant!
I say they all set off for the island next episode (I hope!)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
I am hyped for this season. We get flashes, conspiracies, answers, yes ANSWERS. It's been great so far. Richard, Widmore & Danielle flashes! Sweet! They have set this up quite nicely, even if it is slightly predictable.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:37:56 PM by matahari »

Offline b3nj4m1n

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:09 PM »
Betting the something is wrong with the gun so it won't work but also totally agree with the top post.  Ben set the whole thing up and now he is not afraid to tell them that he used his manipulative prowess to bring all of them to the pier.  :D

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:30 PM »
I have to agree, this season is starting out with a bang..Its great

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »
Betting the something is wrong with the gun so it won't work but also totally agree with the top post.  Ben set the whole thing up and now he is not afraid to tell them that he used his manipulative prowess to bring all of them to the pier.  :D
Or he will be protected from death like Michael was...

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »
I think rhythm is right . . . nobody associated with the island dies until the island is done with them.  Even if she tried to kill Ben, maybe it won't work.  What I want to know is what is up with Sun this season?  I can't figure out whose side she's on, who's she's angry at, who she wants revenge against . . . She's got me confused

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
I think rhythm is right . . . nobody associated with the island dies until the island is done with them.  Even if she tried to kill Ben, maybe it won't work.  What I want to know is what is up with Sun this season?  I can't figure out whose side she's on, who's she's angry at, who she wants revenge against . . . She's got me confused

I don't know whether or not Ben would actually die if Sun pulled the trigger, but that's not really the point. Did Ben put himself up too this? I think so. Widmore never agreed to help Sun, on camera anyway. She just assumes that they have mutual interests in wanting Ben dead.

Sun's confusing because she's kind of a loose canon right now. She thinks her husband is dead and she blames everyone. She would never kill Ben though. Well she would, but the writer's won't do that yet.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »
Hopefully we'll get more on Sun now that the Jin issue is resolved. Seems like the writers just stayed away from her until that issue was resolved with the viewers.
I'm curious to see how Ben is going to prove to her that Jin is alive (as per next week's preview).

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:23 AM »
Yeah, I would also like to know what kind of proof Ben has that Jin is alive.  And based on the previews, does Locke find out that Jin is alive before his attempt to leave the island?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 01:14:51 AM »
What I want to know is what is up with Sun this season?  I can't figure out whose side she's on, who's she's angry at, who she wants revenge against . . . She's got me confused

I've said it before, that tho the payout to the O6 might be sizable, there's no way it would be enough for her to buy a controlling stake in a large South Korean industrial company.  But she did.  And what did she do with all this industrial might? She sought out Widmore herself - no Jin-like henchmen or intermediaries.  Then she abandons her child to go place her own hit on Ben.  So far, a total waste of the resources at her disposal.

Offline Epic720

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 02:25:51 AM »
Well we know how getting off the island has worked in the past with Micheal. I think it's safe to assume the same for the 06. But does this also apply to Ben? Who knows. My wife and I always knew that Sun has it out for Jack and Kate. And we believe that is why she is there, to kill them.

I think the package could have been sent from Widmore, with instructions to kill Ben possibly. But here's my theory of how Sun returns to the island:

She pulls the trigger on Kate or Jack, obviously is unable to kill them. Or if she doesn't actually pull the trigger she figures out that they cannot be killed off the island. (Somehow through deduction or maybe Ben will tell her). This is what compels her to return to the island. So that she can actually kill them. Then when she gets back to the island she discovers that Jin is still alive and backs out of her plans.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 03:10:59 AM »
I paused the surveillance report that Sun had, and it spoke about a woman who was being watched, not Ben even though it contained the pics of Jack and Ben. it also kept saying something about the woman answering the phone and saying something about "Lee Chin is dead"

I might have that name wrong.

Offline NorthShoreOGLost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 03:46:36 AM »
I can definitely see Ben dying at some point during this season.  After all, what would be tougher to swallow - Ben dying or a huge contradiction if he were to come back with the O6 after he said "whoever moves the island can never come back"?  Maybe he gets them part of the way there and Locke does the rest somehow?