Author Topic: Miles has been on the island before  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Miles has been on the island before
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 09:10:27 AM »
Did anyone also notice that on the enhanced version of last week's episode it said, "Miles claims . . . he can communicate with the dead." 

Don't know if it means anything, just sounded strange the way they used the word "claims".

And by the way I wish he had more air time.  I really get a kick out of him.  He's got some great one liners.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
I believe miles can communicate with the dead, he is special because of this. maybe if you are born on the island, you're born with powers such as miles' power.  Maybe aaron will have some soft of ability like this.... just another lil theory...

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
There's no doubt that Miles communicates with the dead... it's been shown a number of times now.
The idea about correlation between time on the island and the nosebleeds/headaches is interesting, but unless we get more information in the future, the theory does have at least one hole in it.  What about Minkowski on the freighter (and I think the person that was with him in the raft)?  Doesn't seem like he had very much, if any, time on the island and yet he croaked rather quickly.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that we are led to believe that Daniel appears to know much more than he actually does. 

Just watched 'Cabin Fever' yesterday, and Locke's dream with Horace in it, whose nose was bleeding, was interesting.
Minkowski's issue related to the travelling consciousness without a Constant.
As for Horace, I believe it was more of a subdued warning to Locke... instead of something Horace was afflicted with (because it wasn't... he was just part of a simple little genocide... chit happens), it may have been more of a msg to Locke that this is something that could happen to him.  You see something odd happening to someone in your environment, you instantly worry that it could happen to you.  In this particular case, he didn't seem concerned with this particular detail due to the nature of the warning... being a dream and all in addition to the fact that he was distracted by having been given directions to the cabin.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »
Did anyone also notice that on the enhanced version of last week's episode it said, "Miles claims . . . he can communicate with the dead." 

Don't know if it means anything, just sounded strange the way they used the word "claims".

And by the way I wish he had more air time.  I really get a kick out of him.  He's got some great one liners.

Miles is awesome! RE: One-liners. Why do you think he hangs out with Sawyer so often? Good comic duo relief. Hurley's story has been dramatic recently. the jokes have to roll from somewhere else.