Author Topic: Where and when have Jin been?  (Read 6036 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Where and when have Jin been?
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:09:05 PM »
So Jin washes up on the beach in 1988 after blowing up off the freighter in 2005(?) It's been like two weeks for everyone on the Island. Has it been the same amount of time for Jin? How did he end up in 1988? I'm guessing he got stuck in the "sphere" of the Island when it flashed back, and he got stuck in 1988.
Cool way to tie in Danielle's team!

So how does Jin get back? He has to meet up with the other Losties and switch times. Sawyer could have done that in this episode, but he chose not too. Jin could choose to stay with Sawyer and the lot. But if that is the case, why does everyone else disappear (like Widmore, Elli, et al) when they flash in time? Hm.

Has Jin been drifting in sea current and time for two weeks?

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Where and when have Jin been?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:10:26 PM »
Next time we jump (flash of light) Jin will appear to disappear to Danielle and her crew.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:11:03 PM »
I dont see why you think it has been two weeks.  Seems more like 2 days or so to me.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »
I don't think you can "jump times"...anyone?

I think Jin has been flashing through the same times as the Sawyer et al...he's just been floating in the ocean the whole time.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:40 PM »
Miles said that he had been there for about two weeks. Not exact, but matches when the freighter showed up.

I guess Jin is in the same time field as the other losties, but he's just been beating against the rocks.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
I am thinking the accumulated time for the islanders will end up being 70 hours from wheel turn to O6 return. They will be 3 years younger then the O6.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »
It's been like two weeks for everyone on the Island.

I don't think it's even been one week (I was thinking more like a few days). It's really hard to tell because they jump from day to night sometimes and they haven't shown them setting up camp and sleeping or anything either to mark the time.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:16:14 PM »
There is not evidence that it has been two weeks. Only a couple of days like crazy stuff said. He is time traveling the same as Sawyer etc are. They saw the debris on the island at the same time Danielle found Jin.

He must of jumped off the frieghtor before it blew up.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
I think Miles was saying that he had been on the island about two weeks...since arriving with Daniel

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:58:49 PM »
How long had Miles, Faraday and Charlotte been on the island before the freighter blew up?  Anybody??  I don't think they have really specified how much time has passed since the island moved

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »
Its just been a couple of days or not even a hole day we really dont know.  Miles says he has been there for about two weeks,  but for a few days he is living with Locke at Otherville and walking in the Jungle with Claire, Sawyer and Aaron.  So I would assume that it has been maybe a day at the most. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »
Miles said two weeks tonight.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »
Miles said two weeks tonight.

But how long since the freighter blew up? I doesn't really matter, i don't think. I think it just means that Jin has been afloat for less than two weeks, which is plausible.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 12:27:24 AM »
from LostPedia
The Kahana's engines were fixed and the frieghter came to within 5 miles of the island before it was destroyed on day 100.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kahana

Miles Straum came to the island on the losties 92nd day.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_Straume

So I guess we can assume it was somewhere between 1-6 days that they have been shifting through time, considering I think Miles says about two weeks.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
!!)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 03:27:13 AM »
from LostPedia
The Kahana's engines were fixed and the frieghter came to within 5 miles of the island before it was destroyed on day 100.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kahana

Miles Straum came to the island on the losties 92nd day.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_Straume

So I guess we can assume it was somewhere between 1-6 days that they have been shifting through time, considering I think Miles says about two weeks.

Yes, I think it has just been a couple days too.  Poor Jin, seeing Rousseau like that.  He is probably thinking he is going nuts!!! I know I am!!!!  (Hence the name--KokoNUT!)