Author Topic: John telling richard to find him as their leader !  (Read 1417 times)

Offline ExistMe

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
John telling richard to find him as their leader !
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:57 PM »
I am really confused ... is this a time loop ? it's actually john lock himself that directs Richard to select him as their leader. and if this is true we could amazingly believe that in the S01E01 when jack is lied in the middle of the jungle and not in the shore actually he is back from the future and he has other things to do.
we can see in the mo-bisode 13 that jack's father tells the dog to awake him because he has many things to do. so all the actions is timelooped
some one help me regarding this.  ???

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: John telling richard to find him as their leader !
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:09:37 AM »
Well...  I don't know exactly how time loops work (need to see Donnie Darko again, I guess).  But I think it is safe to say that the Jack in 1.1 is not from the future.  Remember, he had all kinds of wounds and such and was wearing the same suit he had on the plane, so I think this clearly not some "other" Jack come back from the future.  But then again, I don't know how time loops work...

But I do think it is weird and confusing and somewhat of a paradox to think that Locke told Richard to come see him when he is born in the future.

Offline ExistMe

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »
I don't say that O815 was not crashed. This time loop probably should have a start point. but I do think that jack has came back from the future and that's because he is not near the other passengers. how do you describe the fact that he was in the middle of the jungle ? how do you describe mo-bisode ? (and how do you describe the device near jack's body in Episode 1 ? it's the device that Ben has with himself when he was teleported to Tunisia)
some say that it's because plane was break apart and one part of the plane was in the jungle But if that was the case I question why jack is not near that part of the plane which fall in the jungle ?

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »
It's a mobieus strip...which is just a twisted loop. The beginning and the end are both when the donkey wheel was turned. Could be that they all have to get to the island to prevent that occurance which would undo the loop. At the moment time is bouncing every which way and not in a linear fashion cause the present, past and future are all touching....just a thought

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »
Hey, first timer here. I don't want to bore you with stuff that's already been said and I haven't found this mentioned anywhere but here's a small thought I like to bounce off my fellow LOST fans. Ok, so we know Locke is important because he's always been told this. But are we to assume he's important because he's supposed to be the eventual leader of the others? I don't think so personally. What if Locke was never meant to be the leader, but was meant to be an integral part of the process of choosing / bringing the leader? What if Locke's purpose was to make a believer out of Jack because Jack is supposed to be the leader? We know Christian is on some sort of mission dealing with the preservation of the island... so could it be like a passing of the tourch through the family thing? Plus we know Aaron is important to the island too... another with Shephard blood in him.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »
Hey, welcome grizn0!

I think that it is plausible that someone can leave notes for themselves, or instructions. I bet that Daniel's entire notebook, for example, is from the 3+ years he spends with Dharma. I think Locke has a purpose other than just telling someone he is supposed to be the leader. I think that Richard has confirmed the information independently. That, or he just believes that Locke told him the truth about Jacob needing him.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »
Thanks JBRam. Yeah, I agree with you in saying that Locke is more important than just to telling someone. I meant like, the whole process of making a believer out of him (which proved to be quite difficult). But you're probably right as Richard has never really shown any interest in Jack whatsoever. And I definitely like the idea of Daniel's notebook being from his time with the DI. Because we were never shown where the book originated from right? Did we see the book at all when Dan and Des met in 1996? And come to think of it, is it not the same kind of black notebook used in The Pearl?