Author Topic: Daniel Appearance in the First scene  (Read 13051 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Appearance in the First scene
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
my theory about this is that Daniel disguised himself when he knew when he was in one of the jumps... and whatever he is doing down there is to stop, start, or add to the event that still has yet to be defined. i believe thats him on a jump, and not actually there. thats why when he sees the crash on the tv ... like desmond he is getting back his memories then...

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
my theory about this is that Daniel disguised himself when he knew when he was in one of the jumps... and whatever he is doing down there is to stop, start, or add to the event that still has yet to be defined. i believe thats him on a jump, and not actually there. thats why when he sees the crash on the tv ... like desmond he is getting back his memories then...

kind of like how we see BEn in the dessert and dont find out til much later how he got there.....

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
my theory about this is that Daniel disguised himself when he knew when he was in one of the jumps... and whatever he is doing down there is to stop, start, or add to the event that still has yet to be defined.Yes , we do know he isn't just a worker for dharma.That's for sure  i believe thats him on a jump, and not actually there. I would think that too, especially if he is Mrs Hawking's son then he wouldn't be that age when Dharma was around. thats why when he sees the crash on the tv ... like desmond he is getting back his memories then... Yes, that is a safe bet. I agree.

* edit  added  -If now that Locke stopped the island from jumping when he turned the wheel, the losties and Dan will probably be stuck in that time frame (sometime in the past when Dharma was around and when we saw Dan by the wheel ) and have ample time for Dan to make that video and look into the wheel and warn Charlotte never to come back to the island. He wouldn't have been able to do all that in between just one flash since the flashes were coming back to back towards the end last time we saw them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:41:25 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2009, 01:05:01 AM »
my theory about this is that Daniel disguised himself when he knew when he was in one of the jumps... and whatever he is doing down there is to stop, start, or add to the event that still has yet to be defined.Yes , we do know he isn't just a worker for dharma.That's for sure  i believe thats him on a jump, and not actually there. I would think that too, especially if he is Mrs Hawking's son then he wouldn't be that age when Dharma was around. thats why when he sees the crash on the tv ... like desmond he is getting back his memories then... Yes, that is a safe bet. I agree.

* edit  added  -If now that Locke stopped the island from jumping when he turned the wheel, the losties and Dan will probably be stuck in that time frame (sometime in the past when Dharma was around and when we saw Dan by the wheel ) and have ample time for Dan to make that video and look into the wheel and warn Charlotte never to come back to the island. He wouldn't have been able to do all that in between just one flash since the flashes were coming back to back towards the end last time we saw them.

but the timeframe of each jump is undetermined and unknown by each character.. even lock who has a good grasp of things... this is a good train of thougth lets see where this goess... keep thinking... i like it

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »
 I'm not sure I know what you are saying. You don't think they know they aren't in between flashes anymore or you don't think the flashes are going to stop?

I think Dan has an idea that the the flashes were getting closer and closer and if something doesn't change they would die. So if the flashes stop for a long period of time like for maybe 2 days (like have a 2 full sunrise to sunset days unlike they have had yet)  or weeks or maybe even months or years even ,because of what John did, then they will see notice it for sure.  but that I think that is why Dan is in such a rush to finish the video with Dr.candle or halowax or whatever he calls himself these days. Hanso?  ::)  :D He never knows when the next flash will be. OR is the o6 already back to the island at that point and each person is in charge of fixing something and Dan is responsible for explaining to the Dr all about the time jumps the island etc.?  ??? I don't know, i guess I'm tired.  :-\ ;)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
I think the flashes have stopped for good, giving Dan the opportunity to go down to the Orchid construction site & then connect with Pierre Chang about what's happening.  The O6 have Ms. Hawking to guide them, & the Island Losties will have Faraday & Chang to guide them in how to end up in the same time again.....which I'm guessing will be the past.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »
wait, if they go to Dharma that is in what yr? (approx)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
The DI was operational from the 70's through (I'm guessing) the Purge in '92.  The ComiCon 08 video was filmed about 30 years ago, so I think they are stuck in '78ish.  (Good year, btw. lol) 

Also- I had previously thought that that could be the same time that Dan warns a young Charlotte about not coming back to the Island, but according to Ben, she wasn't born until '79.  :-\