Author Topic: Locke not Knowing Richard  (Read 12604 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Locke not Knowing Richard
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
ho ho ho!!

Vindication! You see 5x03 - Jughead? Sorry, but I just had to post here to gloat a little.

Juliet said Richard was "very old". And all that we learned fit in perfectly with what I posted before:

1) Locke is timeshifted back to the early 50s. (It might have already happened. Don't you think that the uniforms and weapons of the soldiers that Juliet, Sawyer and finally Locke were fighting looked like they were WW2 era?). Locke tells Richard to help him in the (very) distant future with his wound.

2) Locke meets Richard for the "first" time (keeping in mind that Richard doesn't age). Using the compass to prove who he is (somehow).
   Richard visits Locke as a baby in 1956 then again as a child in 1961 where the compass is one of the items shown to him.

3) Locke and the 815ers are time skipped.[Pre-Oceanic 815 Crash, but Post-Dharma genocide and Ben's takeover]Sawyer and the 815ers leave the beach where their camp will be in the future. Locke sees the drug plane (with Eko's brother on it) crash into the island. He goes to the crash site. Locke appears before Ethan (who doesn't know Locke yet) who then confronts him. Ethan would obviously tell Richard about this encounter (confirming what Locke told Richard in the "past").

4) Oceanic 815 Crashes, events of season 1 to 4 take place, Locke takes over the others. 

5) Ben turns wheel, things go nuts, Richard watches the crashed plane site for the "foretold" appearance of the wounded Locke.

Come on, I was bang on. Someone show me some love.  ;D
You rock. :-*

(this is a post I posted in another thread)

OK, this got me second guessing myself. So I went back and watched it again, which I do anyway before I watch the next new one, and I know it's hard enough to figure out the things we haven't got the facts for but it's even harder when you don't have the facts that we do have right. So this is the facts that we have now...

1) 3 yrs ago, the first flash, when the island is moved. John See's the plane crash. Ethan shoots John. (proof it's the past ) The beach camp is gone.  So it's pre 815 crash. PAST.

2) Next flash , the Hatch is already blown up. the Beachcraft is on the ground. All we know is that it's after the 815 crash..... BUT.....  If it was in the future , the o6 still didn't come back to the island yet, John still has to visit the o6 off the island like Richard said himself , and he still didn't die after trying to recruit the o6 to come back. in the future he is Dead off the island. And the time jumps are still happening. SO, that leads me to believe this is still the PAST.
Revised and biggest reason I think the above link is wrong about #2 is that the statues that the cocaine was in that charlie was using, were still in the beachcraft. If it was after or way after they found it, charlie and Locke would have taken all the statues out of it.Btwn charlie using and hidding most of them and Locke doing whatever he did with them, there was none left in the beachcraft . so it had to be way way before charlie died.

3) Beach craft is back up on the slope. The Hatch is there (but still covered) Desmond is still in Hatch. Beach camp not there yet. So pre 815 crash. PAST

I didn't look up the dates to go with all this like the link above but I think I'm right about #2 being in the past and not the future. Does anyone agree?
I think this is right!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »

OK, this got me second guessing myself. So I went back and watched it again, which I do anyway before I watch the next new one, and I know it's hard enough to figure out the things we haven't got the facts for but it's even harder when you don't have the facts that we do have right. So this is the facts that we have now...

1) 3 yrs ago, the first flash, when the island is moved. John See's the plane crash. Ethan shoots John. (proof it's the past ) The beach camp is gone.  So it's pre 815 crash. PAST.

2) Next flash , the Hatch is already blown up. the Beachcraft is on the ground. All we know is that it's after the 815 crash..... BUT.....  If it was in the future , the o6 still didn't come back to the island yet, John still has to visit the o6 off the island like Richard said himself , and he still didn't die after trying to recruit the o6 to come back. in the future he is Dead off the island. And the time jumps are still happening. SO, that leads me to believe this is still the PAST.
Revised and biggest reason I think the above link is wrong about #2 is that the statues that the cocaine was in that charlie was using, were still in the beachcraft. If it was after or way after they found it, charlie and Locke would have taken all the statues out of it.Btwn charlie using and hidding most of them and Locke doing whatever he did with them, there was none left in the beachcraft . so it had to be way way before charlie died.

3) Beach craft is back up on the slope. The Hatch is there (but still covered) Desmond is still in Hatch. Beach camp not there yet. So pre 815 crash. PAST

I didn't look up the dates to go with all this like the link above but I think I'm right about #2 being in the past and not the future. Does anyone agree?

I don't think Charlie or Locke took all the statues out of the beach craft. And the plane looked pretty banged up, over-grown with jungle foliage and whatnot, and the body inside was mostly skeleton and looked kinda burnt. If Richard found Locke shot by Ethan in the past, it would have to have been after Eko burned the plane and the body (bodies?) inside.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »

I don't think Charlie or Locke took all the statues out of the beach craft. And the plane looked pretty banged up, over-grown with jungle foliage and whatnot, and the body inside was mostly skeleton and looked kinda burnt. If Richard found Locke shot by Ethan in the past, it would have to have been after Eko burned the plane and the body (bodies?) inside.

sorry but the seat belt would have been burned too if the plane was set on fire. (the one he pulled off to make a tourniquet) :-\ (at least I would THINK)

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:37 PM »

sorry but the seat belt would have been burned too if the plane was set on fire. (the one he pulled off to make a tourniquet) :-\ (at least I would THINK)

hmmm... in "The Cost of Living," Eko goes back to the burned plane, and there are Virgin Mary statues still intact inside the plane, along with some other junk. Possibly the makeshift-tourniquet was unburned as well? Also, the rock that Locke rests against is just where Eko & Locke moved it in that same episode...though it could have been there before he lit up the plane. Maybe there'll be a definitive answer in an upcoming episode...

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2009, 04:16:19 AM »

sorry but the seat belt would have been burned too if the plane was set on fire. (the one he pulled off to make a tourniquet) :-\ (at least I would THINK)

hmmm... in "The Cost of Living," Eko goes back to the burned plane, and there are Virgin Mary statues still intact inside the plane, along with some other junk. Possibly the makeshift-tourniquet was unburned as well? Also, the rock that Locke rests against is just where Eko & Locke moved it in that same episode...though it could have been there before he lit up the plane. Maybe there'll be a definitive answer in an upcoming episode...

I hope so but i doubt it will be anytime soon.  Maybe it is possible. like you said about the rock, they did  moved rocks to get yemi out but he wasn't in there. so maybe the rocks can help. I'll have to check out the "cost of living" again just to satisfy my curiosity. (along with a few other episodes like psalm 23 and some others.) oh well,If I can't figure it out by then I'll just wait for the answer from a future episode (pout  :'( )

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »

I hope so but i doubt it will be anytime soon.  Maybe it is possible. like you said about the rock, they did  moved rocks to get yemi out but he wasn't in there. so maybe the rocks can help. I'll have to check out the "cost of living" again just to satisfy my curiosity. (along with a few other episodes like psalm 23 and some others.) oh well,If I can't figure it out by then I'll just wait for the answer from a future episode (pout  :'( )

lol, I was just thinking, "You know you're a true Lost fan if you're looking for answers you know haven't been answered yet by re-watching at least a dozen episodes from every previous season..." I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.  :)

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »
You are SO not the only one who does that! 8) So don't you worry! ;)