Author Topic: Why did Ben say....  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Why did Ben say....
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

Well then I guess we'll never know.
here's how it went down in the hotel room in Because you left .

BEN-did he tell you what happened to them after the island moved?
JACK- no, no he didn't.
BEN -Well then I guess we'll never know.

1)What does he mean by that? If they are going back to the island, wouldn't they find out?. or wouldn't they at least think they were going to find out once back?
2) I thought Ben knew what was happening and that was why everyone had to go back?

am I missing something or is this a legitimate question?

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Ben say....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
I took it as Ben probing Jack for how much about the island Jack knows and how much about what happened after the O6 left Jack knows. The answer being "pretty much nothing" Ben quickly drops the subject.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »
yeah, that's what I thought at first but then it keep haunting me. so I figured i'd throw it out there. See if it was weird to anyone else or not. It's one of the reasons we speculate so much. because in real life , he would have just told him everything but instead, he drops it. grrrrr.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »
I don't think Ben knows what happen to them either (he is only speculating)... and is that an exact quote, "we'll never know" or did he say, "we may never know?"

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »
I don't think Ben knows what happen to them either (he is only speculating)... and is that an exact quote, "we'll never know" or did he say, "we may never know?"

Yes, exact quote.
true, maybe Ben doesn't know either! but I just thought that Ben would figured they would find out once back at the island. UNLESS!... I just thought of this,  unless they go to the island and when they get there they don't see any of the ppl they left behind because they are in a different time then them!  :o oh Yeah but then how would Ben have known that was going to happen too. oh well, i thought I had a good idea for a second. but then I talked myself out of it. :-\ lol It looks like we might get more answers about this in tonight's episode. Cross our fingers.   :)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
I saw it as a way of sort of scaring Jack into helping him. I know he was already helping, but to give him more of a drive.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
Ben, the master manipulator, knew exactly what to say to Jack, the "fixer."

Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had.

C.S. Lewis
The Magician's Nephew

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
I saw it as a way of sort of scaring Jack into helping him. I know he was already helping, but to give him more of a drive.

Wouldn't more of a drive be the actual truth about what is going on on the island though?
Isn't that bad enough ?
and why  he heck WOULDN'T Locke tell him what happened after Ben moved the island? that doesn't make sense to me AT ALL!  Don't these people want information man ?  ::)

lol at myself :D

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »

Wouldn't more of a drive be the actual truth about what is going on on the island though?
Isn't that bad enough ?
and why  he heck WOULDN'T Locke tell him what happened after Ben moved the island? that doesn't make sense to me AT ALL!  Don't these people want information man ?  ::)

lol at myself :D

Probably because at the time, Jack didn't want to hear anything that Locke had to say.