Author Topic: Ellie recognizes Daniel at the creek  (Read 757 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Ellie recognizes Daniel at the creek
« on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »
After the redshirts get blown up after tripping the wire, and the others come, Ellie points her gun at Miles and asks who's in charge. Miles points at Daniel. Why does Ellie look at him and say, "You just couldn't stay away, could you?"

And then, when they get back to camp, Richard asks Daniel if he's come back for his bomb.

Are they just being general...like Daniel is a representative of the group as a whole, or are they recognizing Daniel specifically?

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Ellie recognizes Daniel at the creek
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »
i think they wanted us to believe it to mean individually, but i personally feel as though she meant it generally for soldiers... bc later the kid asks why they're not in uniform

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »
I think it was a tease on the part of the writers.  They wanted us to think for a minute, during the commercial break, that she meant Daniel specifically -- that she recognized him from some previous time-trip, or maybe that he'd been on-island for awhile like when he was in the tunnel with Candle when the drill melted.

But then later, I got the impression that it was a more generic "you" that she meant, and that she was referring to "American soldiers."  As in, "we just wiped out a bunch of you guys, but you just can't stay away from that bomb, can you?"   (She must've revised her opinion a bit later though, because of her observation that an Asian man, a British woman, and a geek probably aren't all U.S. soldiers.  LOL.)

Same with Richard... I think he just meant "did you guys come back for your bomb?" meaning "you" who dropped it off there in the first place.  He does talk later about having killed off several of "them," meaning, I think, generic soldiers/military/whomever left the bomb.

I think it was a universal "you" that they meant.  I don't think either of them recognized Daniel specifically.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »
Thanks...you're right.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 12:38:29 AM »
I think it was a tease on the part of the writers.  They wanted us to think for a minute, during the commercial break, that she meant Daniel specifically -- that she recognized him from some previous time-trip, or maybe that he'd been on-island for awhile like when he was in the tunnel with Candle when the drill melted.

But then later, I got the impression that it was a more generic "you" that she meant, and that she was referring to "American soldiers."  As in, "we just wiped out a bunch of you guys, but you just can't stay away from that bomb, can you?"   (She must've revised her opinion a bit later though, because of her observation that an Asian man, a British woman, and a geek probably aren't all U.S. soldiers.  LOL.)

Same with Richard... I think he just meant "did you guys come back for your bomb?" meaning "you" who dropped it off there in the first place.  He does talk later about having killed off several of "them," meaning, I think, generic soldiers/military/whomever left the bomb.

I think it was a universal "you" that they meant.  I don't think either of them recognized Daniel specifically.
i thought the same thing

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 02:06:20 AM »
You couldnt stay away, could you?