Author Topic: "Deliver your message"  (Read 4174 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: "Deliver your message"
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
Desmond doesn't know Ben.

Desmond doesn't know Ben.

I'm sure the O6 would have filled him in on the details, during their "One week later" voyage.

Lostpedia states that Ben and Desmond have met; but I really can't recall.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Hume#Trivia

Widmore knows that Ms. Hawking is in L.A. We already know that he has had agents tailing Ben (in Tikrit), so I'm sure he would know that Ben is also in L.A. right now.

I can't help thinking that Penny is in contact with her father and is aware of Ben's vow to kill her. There's something deeply fishy about her. Maybe she's planning to kill Ben before he kills her? You know, the hunter becomes the hunted...

The Beginning of the End

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beginning_of_the_End

Ye, I just ff it and watched.  des did meet Ben for a breif time when locke and john split into groups.

Doesn't really matter when you think about it though, because Widmore doesn't know that Desmond and Ben met, so he doesn't know to warn him about Penny being in danger.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »
yes and no. even if he doesn't know Desmond knows him , still, would 't you warn him anyway. does it matter if he knows them?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »
yes and no. even if he doesn't know Desmond knows him , still, would 't you warn him anyway. does it matter if he knows them?

Good point. He could have said something like "A bloke called Ben whom you may or may not know has vowed to kill Penny" - or words to that effect.  :)

Widmore must know that Ben is in L.A.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »

Good point. He could have said something like "A bloke called Ben whom you may or may not know has vowed to kill Penny" - or words to that effect.  :)

Widmore must know that Ben is in L.A.

sure , the all knowing Widmore?! I say he knows.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »
Everybody seems to know things.
How does Sun know that Ben came off the island?
Did Bentham visit her or did Sayid tell her or did Ben visit her
or doesn't she know and is she using Widmore to find the island
and Jin?

Widmore never heard of the freighter and the people on it again,
he sends Abbadon to Hurley to investigate if they are still alive.
After rescuing the Oceanic 6, Penny and Des went sailing and never
contacted Widmore or anybody else. He has heard nothing from Penny in 3 years.
Does Widmore know that Des came off the island, does he even know that he
was on the island? Does he know if Des knows Ben or the oceanic 6?
Why isn't he surprised that Des knows Daniel?
"Deliver your message and get out of this mess, because you and Penny have nothing to do with it
and you bring her in danger" sounds like a good warning to me, without having to mention names, facts,
explain things, ask questions, that Des doesn't want to answer etc.

Offline themaven

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »
Everybody seems to know things.
How does Sun know that Ben came off the island?
Did Bentham visit her or did Sayid tell her or did Ben visit her
or doesn't she know and is she using Widmore to find the island
and Jin?

Widmore never heard of the freighter and the people on it again,
he sends Abbadon to Hurley to investigate if they are still alive.
After rescuing the Oceanic 6, Penny and Des went sailing and never
contacted Widmore or anybody else. He has heard nothing from Penny in 3 years.
Does Widmore know that Des came off the island, does he even know that he
was on the island? Does he know if Des knows Ben or the oceanic 6?
Why isn't he surprised that Des knows Daniel?
"Deliver your message and get out of this mess, because you and Penny have nothing to do with it
and you bring her in danger" sounds like a good warning to me, without having to mention names, facts,
explain things, ask questions, that Des doesn't want to answer etc.

It is a curious question how he knows all of this... Wondering if he has tracked down Lapidus?? Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
I don't think Widmore would ever have given Desmond Ms. Hawking's whereabouts if he even suspected that Ben would be with her. So maybe he doesn't know Ben & Hawking are working together, or Hawking isn't Daniel's mum, or Widmore knows that something in the future will prevent Penny or Des from getting there, OR... um... he knows that Ben won't be there when Des shows up. Or possibly other things as well.

But I just can't see that Widmore would so willingly put Penny in harm's way like that.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »
I just think it's simpler to assume that he doesn't know that Ben and Des know each other. Sure it would make sense to be a little more clear about why he should deliver the message and get out, but I don't know if Desmond would believe him anyway. I mean, he and Widmore don't get along at all, so if Widmore said, "There is a man named Benjamin Linus that is going to try and kill Penny" Desmond would think he was trying to trick him to put Penny and Charlie under his protection. I know there are alot of mysteries on the show, but not everything is something else.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
I think I'm confused because I'm assuming that
a. Hawking is Daniel's mum

b. Widmore knows Hawking and Ben are in cahoots

c. Widmore gave Desmond the right address

Because that would mean that Widmore knowingly sent Penny into danger, and he wouldn't do that. He doesn't even have to mention Ben. So I'm hoping I'm wrong on one of these assumptions.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »
I think I'm confused because I'm assuming that
a. Hawking is Daniel's mum

b. Widmore knows Hawking and Ben are in cahoots

c. Widmore gave Desmond the right address

Because that would mean that Widmore knowingly sent Penny into danger, and he wouldn't do that. He doesn't even have to mention Ben. So I'm hoping I'm wrong on one of these assumptions.

Well I think the bulk of us are assuming that Hawking is Daniel's mom. As far as her and Ben working together, I don't think that Widmore knows, but as far as giving him the wrong address, he may have. If only to be able to ambush Desmond and Penny and take her back under his protection.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
but as far as giving him the wrong address, he may have. If only to be able to ambush Desmond and Penny and take her back under his protection.

Why would he have to send Desmond and Penny to L.A. to ambush them? He could have just had an agent tail Desmond after he left his office.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
but as far as giving him the wrong address, he may have. If only to be able to ambush Desmond and Penny and take her back under his protection.

Why would he have to send Desmond and Penny to L.A. to ambush them? He could have just had an agent tail Desmond after he left his office.

Well, that way, he could have everything prepped to surprise them, no muss no fuss. Not that I think that is what is going to happen. That was just the only reason I could think of to give him the wrong address.

I personally think that he gave Desmond the right address not knowing that Ben is going to be there. The thought just occurred to me that Penny might die this season or something. Remember when Desmond says that Penny and Charlie are his life now, and that he has no reason to go back to the island?? Well, what if Penny dies, and he gets so bummed that he decided to just go back to the island and stay there.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »
I personally think that he gave Desmond the right address not knowing that Ben is going to be there. The thought just occurred to me that Penny might die this season or something. Remember when Desmond says that Penny and Charlie are his life now, and that he has no reason to go back to the island?? Well, what if Penny dies, and he gets so bummed that he decided to just go back to the island and stay there.

Hmmm...if the island isn't done with Des, it'll find a way to bring him back, no matter what. I hope Penny and Charlie don't die, but I fear you may be right...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »
p.s. It's possible that Charles used Penny as bait, to ambush Ben (after seeing Ben's face in the latest episode, "316").

It'd go like this...

01. Charles knows Ben is in L.A.
02. Charles tells Desmond to go to L.A., knowing that he'll take Penny along
03. Ben becomes aware that Desmond is in L.A. - and thus, possibly with Penny
04. Ben's face gets severely mashed by either Charles' agents or Penny herself (whom is deeply sinister).