Author Topic: Juliet conveinently interrupts Locke  (Read 5058 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet conveinently interrupts Locke
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
I think the comment that Mikhail makes about Locke being paralyzed relates more to the files he pulled up. No?? He was just being facetious because Kate said that the others didn't know anything about the survivors and he was agreeing with her, but still spouting all this personal info about them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:23:04 PM by BobBX542 »

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
But seemed to say that he didn't really know kate or Sayid, but to me it seemed like he knew John Locke watch the video, I can tell there is a difference..I mean not just from the files..

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
But seemed to say that he didn't really know kate or Sayid, but to me it seemed like he knew John Locke watch the video, I can tell there is a difference..I mean not just from the files..

Well, this is one of those things that we'll just have to pan out over the next few episodes.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »
I think the comment that Mikhail makes about Locke being paralyzed relates more to the files he pulled up. No?? He was just being facetious because Kate said that the others didn't know anything about the survivors and he was agreeing with her, but still spouting all this personal info about them.

i agree

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »
I found it very curious that Juliet conveniently interrupts Locke right before he has a chance to answer (I think it was Sawyer's question) about his gunshot wound.

Yes, just a random thought but Juliet wasn't the least bit concerned and I'm still very suspicious of her.

Okay, carry on.  ;D

OMFrikkenGosh... I have found someone who is thinking like myself. I'm sorry but Juliet just lives down Shady Lane in my book. She knows way more then she is letting on. Do I expect her to bust out random facts? No. But we can't forget the fish biscuit days.

Because controlling information is Juliet's thing - she parses out what she tells and to whom very carefully.
Absolutely.

Offline HugeJohnLockeFan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
i have the feeling juliet knows exactly what is going on but we'll see...

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
I found it very curious that Juliet conveniently interrupts Locke right before he has a chance to answer (I think it was Sawyer's question) about his gunshot wound.

Yes, just a random thought but Juliet wasn't the least bit concerned and I'm still very suspicious of her.

Okay, carry on.  ;D
I just thought it was like any Lost moment, a writing tool lol...but if it is more, like the Latin 101, maybe they are also told to expect and accept the unexpected....

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 10:40:37 PM »
i think all others are familiar with the whole time travel thing because they've learned about it as it was perhaps documented or told directly to them or even experienced it themselves.

what i mean is:

richard, after being visited by locke and locke telling him that he traveled back in time, may have documented it, therefore the others story is linear... but the losties story is puzzled together in no particular linear fashion, more of a loop.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »
i think all others are familiar with the whole time travel thing because they've learned about it as it was perhaps documented or told directly to them or even experienced it themselves.

I think the opposite. There was evidently a hierarchy amongst the Others when it came to information.

Juliet laboured under the pretension that the submarine was required to come and go to the Island. Mikhail seemed to know otherwise when chatting to Bonnie and Greta; he had assumed they were on assignment in Canada and didn't question how or when they had returned to guard the Look Glass station.

If any further proof were needed that the submarine may not have been required to facilitate travel, Damon and Carlton addressed the matter on the Blu-ray special feature, Access: Granted.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Access:_Granted#Mittelos_Bioscience

Carlton Cuse: Mittelos Bioscience is a cover that is used by the Others in the real world and obviously we’ve seen that Richard Alpert has the ability to travel back and forth from the Island to the real world, and it's entirely possible that other characters …

Damon Lindelof: Well Ethan, too …

Carlton Cuse: Yeah, Ethan, so yes. So the others can go back and forth, except the exact way in which they go back and forth and how that happens …

Damon Lindelof: Well it’s the sub right?

Carlton Cuse: Well, maybe.

Damon Lindelof: OK. Wow.

Carlton Cuse: Maybe, maybe not.

Damon Lindelof: Interesting.

Carlton Cuse: The sub could be part of it. Let's just put it that way.

Damon Lindelof: And these people thought they were getting definitive answers … ha-ha!

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »
Yep!!! I still think the otheers could of possibly all ready knew about John,  Sawyer..because we are assuming that when locke told Richard to visit him when he was born, we assume that why he was there at his birth, so wouldn't it also makes sense that any other time in past or future when john or sawyer say something to someone on the island they will also remember it..I still tryin to figure that..Only clue is From JOhn and Ben and John and Milaki intractions..Now the question is Did John Really bring his father to the island in the past, to then the present???? WHy would you even lie about that, plus he says he doesn't lie in front of his people and Richard and Tom were both present and they did seem to also believe that John brought his father to the island...Make any sense???? Thoughts

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
I'm not sure JUliette knew what Locke was going to say, I just thought she was being bossy but she is very shady, why do they speak Latin?

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
I have to be honest in saying that I think she just wanted to get moving. Sitting around, especially in that are where they almost got caught by Others, would probably not be a great idea.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:19 PM »
I have to be honest in saying that I think she just wanted to get moving. Sitting around, especially in that are where they almost got caught by Others, would probably not be a great idea.

That was my thinking. No real "evilness" behind it, just impatience.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »
I don't know how anyone can trust Juliet--her explanations, her actions, her motives--if I were on that island, I wouldn't believe anything she said or did once I knew she lied/omitted information about anything. I understand the other characters' need to feel grounded during all this time-shiftiness, and the desire to trust the people going through the same thing as them, but really? Sawyer has oscillated between trying to kill her and trying to save her life. She's clearly not going to give up any information she doesn't want to.

But as a viewer, I love her character. Just like Ben can be both manipulating and earnest--wanting to slap him one minute but my heart breaking when he watches Alex die--I love watching what kind of mind-contortions Juliet will pull. I just wish the other characters would smarten up.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »
But as a viewer, I love her character. Just like Ben can be both manipulating and earnest--wanting to slap him one minute but my heart breaking when he watches Alex die--I love watching what kind of mind-contortions Juliet will pull. I just wish the other characters would smarten up.

Same here. Juliet is by far the most intriguing character to me. She's so obviously just tagging along with whomever seems the most-able to keep her alive.

I do think she's sitting on a lot of information, but she's smart enough to realise that this information may be valuable and could be used as currency if need be.