Author Topic: Who is Faraday's father?  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Faraday's father?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »
Darth Vader?  Hey, what the heck:

Darth:  Did Charles Widmore ever tell you what happened to your father?
Daniel: He said you killed him!
Darth: No, Daniel, *I* am your father!
Daniel:  No, I don't believe you, that's impossible!
Darth: Search your feelings, you KNOW it  to be true!
Daniel: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey, one of the Team Darlton guys was wearing a star wars shirt in their recent interview w/Doc Jensen.  Stranger things have happened....
i'm going with this theory!

Would indeed be an interesting plot twist.  But who is under the helmet?!??!

Darth Helmet: now daniel, the only way to save the island is.... to use the schwartz!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:31:21 AM by Hurley rocks dudes »

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »
it's hard to say if she is on any side. She is clearly helping Ben. actually is seems less like helping and more like being in charge. but Widmore is funding her son. isn't that a conflict of interests? (on both widmore's and Dan's part) funding her son while she is helping Ben?  i don't get it. am i missing something or am I justified in being confused?

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
it's hard to say if she is on any side. She is clearly helping Ben. actually is seems less like helping and more like being in charge. but Widmore is funding her son. isn't that a conflict of interests? (on both widmore's and Dan's part) funding her son while she is helping Ben?  i don't get it. am i missing something or am I justified in being confused?

You have made some very good points Mrs Hume!  And yes, it's just another one of those confusing plot twists where we will discover the revelations in later episodes.  Hopefully sooner than later.  Cuz my head hurts.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
Darth Helmet: now daniel, the only way to save the island is.... to use the schwartz!

DARK HELMET!!! DARK DARK DARK DARK HELMET

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0008869/

Rick Moranis ...  Dark Helmet

Sorry, but this is one of my buttons. Sort of like if you say to a Star Wars fan that Lt. Worf is your favorite character on the show. It just drives me bonkers. I have been correcting people for years on that. Okay, I'll calm down now, sorry. LOL

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:04 AM »
Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »
Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon.

Luckily I was using the star wars/star trek reference as an example, and I am not one of "those" crazy people. I'm a totally different kind of crazy person.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »

Maybe its in her interests, Widmore's interest, and Ben's interest to get the O6 back to the Island.  Remember, she said "God help us all if you don't" (or something like that) - so maybe in this case they're all working together.  If Ben's nighttime visit to Widmore's bed chamber happened before the O6 make it back (which I think is the case) then nothing we've seen so far is inconsistent with this.  So maybe there is no conflict of interest - in this case maybe they've put their differences aside for the greater good.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »

Maybe its in her interests, Widmore's interest, and Ben's interest to get the O6 back to the Island.  Remember, she said "God help us all if you don't" (or something like that) - so maybe in this case they're all working together.  If Ben's nighttime visit to Widmore's bed chamber happened before the O6 make it back (which I think is the case) then nothing we've seen so far is inconsistent with this.  So maybe there is no conflict of interest - in this case maybe they've put their differences aside for the greater good.

That's a great thought but  I think Widmore funding Dan happened way before the o6 either crashed or left the island. I think. I'm pretty sure though. unless the time travel loop comes into play. then I am clueless.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 10:47:03 AM »

That's a great thought but  I think Widmore funding Dan happened way before the o6 either crashed or left the island. I think. I'm pretty sure though. unless the time travel loop comes into play. then I am clueless.

Didn't Desmond say something about Widmore funding Dan's work for 10 years?? So that would make it 1994-1997 that Widmore started giving Dan money, yes?? No??

Pretty sure the visit to Widmore happened at approximately the time the O6 were rescued because Ben sees Sayid on TV, goes to talk to him, and then later in the episode we see Ben go and talk to Widmore.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »
 OK, I double checked. It would be sometime in 1998 that he started funding Dan. because It was 2008 when Desmond visited that girl that Dan left who was "sick".
So flight 815 hadn't crash yet When widmore started funding Dan.