Author Topic: The sick girl Des went to see  (Read 6893 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The sick girl Des went to see
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »
i think that that girl's sister thought that daniel ran away because he went onto the freighter and hasn't come back for 3 years now... its not his fault he hasn't come back yet... maybe daniel went on the freighter to try and find a cure for her

Was the girl that was the caretaker for the sick girl the same girl in the episode where we see Dan has a caretaker?? Maybe she wasn't his caretaker at all, he just happened to be in the house with the sick girl (sorry, I forget her name) when the news about Oceanic 815 was on TV. Just IMDB-ed it, and she is not the same nurse as far as I can tell, but interestingly enough there is a Grisel Toledo listed as Nurse in the episode "The Beginning of the End" and the episode "Dave". Hmmmmm, just like the record keeper at Oxford who was also the girl who let Hurley on the plane, I wonder if this is signifcant, or just a recycled actress.

without doing any research and going on gut instinct, I'd say no, because Theresa is in England, and Dan's caretaker had an American accent, as did the newscaster, leading me to believe he was in America at that time... Also Theresa's caretaker, now that I think of it, was a guy. The blond lady that opened the door was her sister, and the caretaker feeding her was a guy.
Also, Beginning of the End and Dave both had scenes in SRMHI, and I think I heard that they had the same nurse for both times Hurley is there.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
i think that that girl's sister thought that daniel ran away because he went onto the freighter and hasn't come back for 3 years now... its not his fault he hasn't come back yet... maybe daniel went on the freighter to try and find a cure for her

Was the girl that was the caretaker for the sick girl the same girl in the episode where we see Dan has a caretaker?? Maybe she wasn't his caretaker at all, he just happened to be in the house with the sick girl (sorry, I forget her name) when the news about Oceanic 815 was on TV. Just IMDB-ed it, and she is not the same nurse as far as I can tell, but interestingly enough there is a Grisel Toledo listed as Nurse in the episode "The Beginning of the End" and the episode "Dave". Hmmmmm, just like the record keeper at Oxford who was also the girl who let Hurley on the plane, I wonder if this is signifcant, or just a recycled actress.

without doing any research and going on gut instinct, I'd say no, because Theresa is in England, and Dan's caretaker had an American accent, as did the newscaster, leading me to believe he was in America at that time... Also Theresa's caretaker, now that I think of it, was a guy. The blond lady that opened the door was her sister, and the caretaker feeding her was a guy.
Also, Beginning of the End and Dave both had scenes in SRMHI, and I think I heard that they had the same nurse for both times Hurley is there.

Okay, yeah, wow, I'm having a day full of brain farts today. Thanks.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »
thats ok, this show is like a giant can of brain beans... we're all getting them. lol.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »

Was the girl that was the caretaker for the sick girl the same girl in the episode where we see Dan has a caretaker?? Maybe she wasn't his caretaker at all, he just happened to be in the house with the sick girl (sorry, I forget her name) when the news about Oceanic 815 was on TV.

If I'm remembering right, when Daniel saw the newscast of the 815 wreckage, the caption read "Essex, Massachusetts" or some equivalently non-existent town in MA. So he was in MA between leaving Oxford and getting on the freighter...maybe studying at MIT? lol... more likely recovering from whatever made him all memory-lossy.

Offline elise

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
the girl has to be someone that will come into the story

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »

Was the girl that was the caretaker for the sick girl the same girl in the episode where we see Dan has a caretaker?? Maybe she wasn't his caretaker at all, he just happened to be in the house with the sick girl (sorry, I forget her name) when the news about Oceanic 815 was on TV.

If I'm remembering right, when Daniel saw the newscast of the 815 wreckage, the caption read "Essex, Massachusetts" or some equivalently non-existent town in MA. So he was in MA between leaving Oxford and getting on the freighter...maybe studying at MIT? lol... more likely recovering from whatever made him all memory-lossy.

There is an Essex, MA... it's north of Boston, near Gloucester. It's not exactly a quick commute to MIT. It is near some very small colleges, one of which is a seminary... 

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »
Oh yeah there is an Essex! Sorry Essex! I thought it was just a county.

It makes me wonder why Daniel would go to another country if he's really responsible for Theresa's condition. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would just run when there's trouble. And I wonder if he even remembers her...

which brings me to: does his memory seem to be improving this season? Everyone else's minds are all jumbled, but Daniel's gets straightened out?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
She looked a lot like Juliet.

I can't help but wonder if she's Ben's mysterious "her", as in Harper's catty remark: "You look just like her".

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
does his memory seem to be improving this season? Everyone else's minds are all jumbled, but Daniel's gets straightened out?

I said the same thing, and everyone was telling me that it was because he didn't have to lie this season like he did last season. I'm right there with you. I want to know why he is able to think clearly now that they are time traveling. It seems like he's the only one that can. LOL

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
Agree.

Reminds me of "Theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa falls down the stairs."
I think we know why she fell down the stairs. Guinea pig with no constant. (where else would that sentence make any sense?)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »
I think you're right about that, but her name reminded me of Boone's nanny Theresa and how he said he used to torment her till she fell.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
Right, I think perhaps he isn't the reason she fell. It's just that the experiments took their toll while Boone was in her care and he feels guilty. Kids have a way of blaming themselves for things that aren't/weren't under their control. Perhaps this is the same Theresa? With respect to Lost, I think I am actually starting to actively look for weird connections between the characters. I look forward to your post in the "I called it" thread with respect to this sometime this year.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
I say she is a girlfriend of Dan's. The "nurse" asks Des "what kind of a person/man could just leave like that?" Not to sure on the wording. This struck me as how could he experiment on someone he cares about and just take off. The disgust in her eyes tells me he had a relationship with the bed girl.

Or maybe it was just a crush and he never got around to telling her before he microwaved her brain?

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
There's nothing to say she isn't both Dan's love interest as well as Boone's nanny. Poor Danny falls for a student...

Talk about unrequited love! "Sorry Daniel, I don't love you enough for you to be my constant so I will have to remain in this vegetative state unless you can go back in time and STOP FRYING MY BRAIN!"

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
She's not the same person is she?? I thought Boone and the nanny were in LA. Isn't that where Boone said he was until his Mom gave him the branch in New York??