Author Topic: the 1954 happening?  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: the 1954 happening?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »
I REALLY want to know who Abbadon works for now. 
The FBI and he is in command of a unit consisting of a criminal/con man, a scientist who is scratches the borderline of insanity and a fiery blonde workaholic. Oh, my mistake different show altogether.

lol that's cute. ((Fringe)) Which I'm liking ...

Fringe is okay. I make no effort to watch it when it is on TV, but it's great on my lunch breaks at work on wednesday. Except for this past one where the people's brains melt out of their noses and mouths. Very unpleasant.

especially at lunch time. lol  I picture that brain melt thing happening while im trying to figure out the paradox (as stagger put it) and I feel like I can relate.  :D

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: the 1954 happening?
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »
I'm saying to everyone I know to give it time, it's only the second week of the new season. My friend last night was all pissed off that they weren't answering questions, and I had to tell her to calm down about it.
Maybe your friend should watch "Jughead" again as it actually provided a huge clue to answering MOST of our questions. That clue is the apparent paradox that's the subject of this thread.
How did Richard manage to attend Locke's birth? Because Future Locke told him about it.
How did Hurley get The Numbers? From Leonard. How did Leonard get them? He and Sam Toomey heard them on the shortwave. How did the broadcaster get them? Someone from the future gave them to him.
It becomes less of a paradox, though, if you can try to shake your inclination to think of time as a vertical line with a point on that line being "the present."

Exactly, not so sure about the numbers part though. Seems to me that someone wouldn't feel the need to put them on a broadcast loop just because someone told them about them. I mean, unless of course there was some sort of elaborate explanation.

I REALLY want to know who Abbadon works for now. 
The FBI and he is in command of a unit consisting of a criminal/con man, a scientist who is scratches the borderline of insanity and a fiery blonde workaholic. Oh, my mistake different show altogether.

lol that's cute. ((Fringe)) Which I'm liking ...

Fringe is okay. I make no effort to watch it when it is on TV, but it's great on my lunch breaks at work on wednesday. Except for this past one where the people's brains melt out of their noses and mouths. Very unpleasant.

especially at lunch time. lol  I picture that brain melt thing happening while im trying to figure out the paradox (as stagger put it) and I feel like I can relate.  :D

Had I known about the brain melting, I wouldn't have watched it and eaten my lunch at the same time. It takes alot to get me to react like that, and that was alot to me. LOL Worse that watching surgery and eating, and the surgery was real.