Author Topic: Baby Charlie  (Read 6138 times)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Charlie
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 12:24:13 PM »
Good point! ;D

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
IMHO...I think it is safe to say he was named after Charlie Pace. Nothing to do with Daddy Widmore.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »
I think baby Charlie could be Charlie Pace from Driveshaft.  Look at the mark on the right side of the baby's face.  Charlie Pace has the same mark in the same place only it's kinda hidden under his beard. Some shots show it clearly though (http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13839/15_2007/claire%20and%20charlie.jpg)

Coincidence? 

If this were true, then how do we explain Charlie's older brother Liam. I think they just named him Charlie, that's all.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
Hey everyone, here's a twisted theory for you...
For the record, I don't actually think this will happen, but it nicely illustrates the world we're living in now with time travel on Lost.

We will discover in an upcoming episode that Penny was adopted.
Then, towards the end of the series, Penny, Desmond, and Charlie will be forced to travel back 20 years before tonight's episode.  They'll have the island pretty much to themselves.  BEcause they'll have greater insight at this point, they'll raise Charlie, calling him Charles.
Charlie/Charles and Desmond will have a huge fight over something and then Desmond and Penny will die, and a very young Charles will bury them in the rape caves
Then, in memory of his mother (and because of his anger and hatred for his father) he'll take on her maiden name.  Widmore.

And 20 years later, in 1954 he's wearing a uniform with the name Jones on it.
Charles Widmore is Desmond and Penny's son, Charlie.  That's what this is all about!  I just figured out the entire thing.

Seriously...just having some fun.  ;)

wow, i should explode with wtfness if this happened... so creepy and trippy and perfect

I agree.  Wow, what a brain-buster that would be!

I just took it that Desmond was honoring "our" Charlie -- they became kind of close when Des was trying to save his life... Charlie answering Penny's phone call right before he died sort of brought Des and Penny back together... all that.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »
For the record, I don't actually think this will happen, but it nicely illustrates the world we're living in now with time travel on Lost.

Then, towards the end of the series, Penny, Desmond, and Charlie will be forced to travel back 20 years before tonight's episode.  They'll have the island pretty much to themselves.  BEcause they'll have greater insight at this point, they'll raise Charlie, calling him Charles.
Charlie/Charles and Desmond will have a huge fight over something and then Desmond and Penny will die, and a very young Charles will bury them in the rape caves
Then, in memory of his mother (and because of his anger and hatred for his father) he'll take on her maiden name.  Widmore.

Charles Widmore is Desmond and Penny's son, Charlie.  That's what this is all about!  I just figured out the entire thing.

wow, i should explode with wtfness if this happened... so creepy and trippy and perfect

I agree.  Wow, what a brain-buster that would be!

I just took it that Desmond was honoring "our" Charlie -- they became kind of close when Des was trying to save his life... Charlie answering Penny's phone call right before he died sort of brought Des and Penny back together... all that.

I agree Madame P!  :)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
I agree Madame P!  :)

Thanks!  And I like your "yum" picture.  LOL!

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:49:31 PM »

You will be the first to be awarded the newly and aptly named IRISH POP TART, which is a Guinness and open faced PB&J with your choice of Jam (b/c jelly is yucky)!!

Congrats!

;D
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »
charlie is obviously named after hobbit charlie

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »
And if one of this show's main themes is parenthood - specifically fatherhood, I was more than satisified to see Des already a caring father with probably the most beautiful little boy I've seen since my Jake was three.  I think the connection between Charlie Pace, Penny and Desmond is about how one gave his life so the two could be together.  Charlie Hume is the next generation with a whole new set of chances and a different story to tell.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »
VERY well said Lak.  Beautiful.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

Even if it's just for fun,

a very interesting theory,

I am sure he is named after Charlie pace but wouldnt it be interesting to play out that way,

Maybe widmore figures since Desmond is special, him not meeting/marrying Penny would cause him (widmore) not to be born and the future could be changed?,

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »

You will be the first to be awarded the newly and aptly named IRISH POP TART, which is a Guinness and open faced PB&J with your choice of Jam (b/c jelly is yucky)!!

Congrats!

;D
Wow, I feel so special for having named that.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »

I was doing some thinking and realized for the first time that they'd named the baby not only after Charlie which I loved, but that meant they were also naming him after Penny's father which didn't make sense.

Then I thought about it some more and thought do shows ever name characters the same name - not usually.  It gets confusing, even though it's Charles and Charlie, still too similar.

At first when I read your post I thought too far out there, but . . . it's very interesting and definitely made me go Hmmm. . . . . .  And you might be on to something.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »

Thats a great theory, maybe you can get a job on the show.

When I first heard them call him Charlie I immediately thought of Widmore not Pace, it was only when I came on here that I even thought about the other Charlie - how quickly I forget!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »

Thats a great theory, maybe you can get a job on the show.

When I first heard them call him Charlie I immediately thought of Widmore not Pace, it was only when I came on here that I even thought about the other Charlie - how quickly I forget!

Wouldn't that be a kick in that pants???  :D