Author Topic: Baby Charlie  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Baby Charlie
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »
I love that they named the baby for Charlie!

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Charlie
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
A great way to honor him.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
I know; that really made me smile  :)

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
Way to go Des  ;D

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »
At first I thought why did he name the baby after Penny's asshole dad?  I'd completely forgotten about the hobbit.  I'd still like to know if there's some significance to both characters being named Charlie.  It's not like they ran out of names and couldn't have used a different one for either character.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:26:24 PM »
I teared up when he said his name

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
Hey nice touch

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 12:51:33 AM »
i thought it was sweet too, except it's the same name as her dad.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:07 AM »
Hey everyone, here's a twisted theory for you...
For the record, I don't actually think this will happen, but it nicely illustrates the world we're living in now with time travel on Lost.

We will discover in an upcoming episode that Penny was adopted.
Then, towards the end of the series, Penny, Desmond, and Charlie will be forced to travel back 20 years before tonight's episode.  They'll have the island pretty much to themselves.  BEcause they'll have greater insight at this point, they'll raise Charlie, calling him Charles.
Charlie/Charles and Desmond will have a huge fight over something and then Desmond and Penny will die, and a very young Charles will bury them in the rape caves
Then, in memory of his mother (and because of his anger and hatred for his father) he'll take on her maiden name.  Widmore.

And 20 years later, in 1954 he's wearing a uniform with the name Jones on it.
Charles Widmore is Desmond and Penny's son, Charlie.  That's what this is all about!  I just figured out the entire thing.

Seriously...just having some fun.  ;)

Offline darinfic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 01:16:59 AM »

hahaha!

however, penny being adopted would be a nice parallel to ben/alex!

i'm thinking there has to be a reason that penny's mother hasn't been mentioned/shown.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:24 AM »
Hey everyone, here's a twisted theory for you...
For the record, I don't actually think this will happen, but it nicely illustrates the world we're living in now with time travel on Lost.

Then, towards the end of the series, Penny, Desmond, and Charlie will be forced to travel back 20 years before tonight's episode.  They'll have the island pretty much to themselves.  BEcause they'll have greater insight at this point, they'll raise Charlie, calling him Charles.
Charlie/Charles and Desmond will have a huge fight over something and then Desmond and Penny will die, and a very young Charles will bury them in the rape caves
Then, in memory of his mother (and because of his anger and hatred for his father) he'll take on her maiden name.  Widmore.

And 20 years later, in 1954 he's wearing a uniform with the name Jones on it.
Charles Widmore is Desmond and Penny's son, Charlie.  That's what this is all about!  I just figured out the entire thing.

Seriously...just having some fun.  ;)

you totally beat me to this, I just rewatched the episode and was thinking a very similar thing.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 03:13:55 AM »
Wow, I never thought of that. I thought that they named their son after Charlie, you know, our Charlie from Driveshaft. I thought it was for sentimental purposes because Charlie was the one who first contacted Penny and let her know that Desmond was okay.  And he sacrificed his life right before Desmond's eyes.   So now I am really wondering what is the real story here.

Offline PK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 07:46:53 AM »
I think baby Charlie could be Charlie Pace from Driveshaft.  Look at the mark on the right side of the baby's face.  Charlie Pace has the same mark in the same place only it's kinda hidden under his beard. Some shots show it clearly though (http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13839/15_2007/claire%20and%20charlie.jpg)

Coincidence? 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:52:06 AM by PK »

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
I think baby Charlie could be Charlie Pace from Driveshaft.  Look at the mark on the right side of the baby's face.  Charlie Pace has the same mark in the same place only it's kinda hidden under his beard. Some shots show it clearly though (http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13839/15_2007/claire%20and%20charlie.jpg)

Coincidence? 

Now that would be "creepy!"
I just took it to mean that Des named the baby after Driveshaft Charlie because of all they went through.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 12:10:11 PM »

Coincidence? 

Now that would be "creepy!"
I just took it to mean that Des named the baby after Driveshaft Charlie because of all they went through.
i think that's what happened.  i just don't know that i would name my kid charlie (even if it was my dead bff) if my dad was charles and an a** hole.