Author Topic: Ellie the little other girl is Mrs. Hawkins  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Matt_at_TSH

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ellie the little other girl is Mrs. Hawkins
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »
Eloise Hawking

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
FWIW, the proofreader would like to correct some of you. Her name is spelled "Hawking" ... as in Stephen Hawking. I'm sure TPTB named her that on purpose.

Thank you...that's been driving me crazy.  Get it right people!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »
Dang.  Shoulda watched the enhanced. ::)
Opens up more questions like when/why did she leave and how does she know of the button.

I wonder if in an alternate timeline, it was Daniel whom was meant to be in Desmond's place, pushing that damned button?

I'm not buying any of her "course correction" crap.

Offline HersheyKisses

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 08:38:48 PM »
See this is why I hang out here.
I did not catch any of that at all.
So Widmore and hawkins are on the island as others.
How and why did they get kicked off??
Jug here is my theory, let me know what you think.  The young widmore is obviously kind of a hothead, and is not a strong, silent leader of the 1954 others. He has his own ideas, thoughts, and opinions.

It seems to me that they are foreshadowing a rift with the others. I predict that Widmore will schism the others, create his own faction, and effectively gain control of the Island. Maybe it is because he will not be considered for a leadership position (Remember what Richard said about "We select our possible leaders at a very young age?").  The Richard Alpert others will be outnumbered and will have to scatter into the interior of the Island, while Widmore will use the resources of the Island to go out to the main world and become an industrial magnate, forge connections with Alvar Hanso, and will then develop the Dharma initiative.

Thus, the purge will be the Richard Alpert others move to take back the island from the Widmore others, and the whole Ben/Widmore drama is just a continuation of two separate groups of others vying for control of the island.

Man, when Richard called that kid Widmore last night I started shouting no way, no way. The show has not made me that excited in a LONG time.
I felt the exact same way! And I didn't know the Eloise was the young girl/Dan's Mom information. Very VERY interesting!!! Last night was a very good episode. I appreciated the OMG moments.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
See this is why I hang out here.
I did not catch any of that at all.
So Widmore and hawkins are on the island as others.
How and why did they get kicked off??
Jug here is my theory, let me know what you think.  The young widmore is obviously kind of a hothead, and is not a strong, silent leader of the 1954 others. He has his own ideas, thoughts, and opinions.

It seems to me that they are foreshadowing a rift with the others. I predict that Widmore will schism the others, create his own faction, and effectively gain control of the Island. Maybe it is because he will not be considered for a leadership position (Remember what Richard said about "We select our possible leaders at a very young age?").  The Richard Alpert others will be outnumbered and will have to scatter into the interior of the Island, while Widmore will use the resources of the Island to go out to the main world and become an industrial magnate, forge connections with Alvar Hanso, and will then develop the Dharma initiative.

Thus, the purge will be the Richard Alpert others move to take back the island from the Widmore others, and the whole Ben/Widmore drama is just a continuation of two separate groups of others vying for control of the island.

Man, when Richard called that kid Widmore last night I started shouting no way, no way. The show has not made me that excited in a LONG time.
I felt the exact same way! And I didn't know the Eloise was the young girl/Dan's Mom information. Very VERY interesting!!! Last night was a very good episode. I appreciated the OMG moments.

welcome to the boards, HersheyKisses! I was on the chat during the show and about 3 minutes before the Widmore reveal someone said there were no answers in this episode and we all agreed... boy were we corrected!!