Author Topic: The Arrow  (Read 3355 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
The Arrow
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:09:02 PM »
I can't believe that no one has mentioned anything about the Arrow orientation video!

Dr. Marvin Candle is saying that the personnel who  are selected to man the station have specific defensive training. Who is supposed to man the arrow, and what specific training do they have?

The Arrow is a defensive station to monitor the hostiles? I thought it was a light manufacturing plant w/ a glass eye and a cut-out Quran with some extra Swan orientation footage. I think there may have been some blankets too. Is there something else in the Arrow that the Losties haven't yet found? Methinks so!
How do you monitor the hostiles from an empty box like the Arrow we saw? We must have missed something. And what defensive strategies were the DHARMA initiative using?

Perhaps the 2nd dart in Sawyer's foot is a clue to check the Arrow. Or not... Still the interrupted Arrow Orientation video needs further scrutiny.

I just realized that there are tons of arrows in this episode. Sawyer gets a dart (or whatever) in the foot, sayid gets a dart in the neck, Frogurt gets an arrow in his chest and the other Beachies get bombarded by flaming arrows.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:37:21 AM by matahari »

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The Arrow
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 01:06:03 AM »
Maybe there's a hidden wall, like in Ben's closet, that opens up to the main area?

I still wonder why Horace, the mathematician, had an Arrow logo on his jumpsuit.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:22:55 AM »
Something's up there. Lostpedia says the tailies spent the 1st 20 days in the station and didn't find anything. There must be a secret door or passage or tunnel. Perhaps used a tunnel to the Arrow, to get to the beach so quickly. Remember tunnels!

As for Horace, the "Mathematician," who knows.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:03 AM »
Makes me wonder. 
Secret doors and tunnel passages plus an intelligence gathering/defense station.

I think Dharma created the smoke monster.
- Danielle was the first to name it a security system.
- It seems to bust out of the ground (usually) from a vent hole/tunnel.
- A sonic fence is needed to keep it away from the barracks, where the Others (formerly hostiles) lived.
- It seemed to scan Juliet when she was with Kate in the trees.  Eko & Locke too, earlier.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Maybe there's a hidden wall, like in Ben's closet, that opens up to the main area?

I still wonder why Horace, the mathematician, had an Arrow logo on his jumpsuit.

Probably like in the Staff station too. As for Horace the mathematician working there, maybe he was working on probabilities as to likely areas of attacks, or something of that nature. Or, then again, it seems like most of the stations we have seen are hiding something in it. The mathematician suit could have just been a cover for Horace's hidden fighting abilities. So maybe just like Learning Latin, they also have to learn crazy martial arts. Look at what Juliette did to Kate.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »
Could be after the Others gained control that they cleared out the Arrow station and sealed any chambers that had monitoring devices in them.....or perhaps moved everything to a more central location....

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »
Well, the Tailies found the Arrow station pretty easily...just wandering across it in the jungle...so maybe it's more like The Orchid in that there's a secret way to get to the real Arrow station. I can't imagine that a Dharma station meant to gather intelligence on and work out defensive strategies against those crazy island natives would be so easy to find. I mean, if they need an entire station just to figure out how to combat them, Dharma should know the Hostiles would be able to find said station if it's just out in the forest, a door in the middle of the jungle. Maybe what the Tailies found was just a dummy station, like the Door that Sayid found at the end of Season 2, and the real station is somewhere else?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 01:47:54 AM »
If you think about it, what better defense is there than your opponent setting up offensive/defensive shop under your own surrveilence? Not a bad defensive strategy.

I think Horace probably wasn't just a "mathematician." Roger wasn't just a "workman," & Opal probably wasn't just a nurse.

I  looked @ 2x04 & 2x07 when we first see the arrow, and it is definitely possible that they overlooked something in the arrow. The LAPD is what it is... and Cindy (an known other) & Goodwin are there.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but then why bother opening the show with it? perhaps, we don't need to see the station again, but we should know the information about the station.

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
We know that Faraday goes to the Orchid station at some point so I am hoping that we will see some of the other stations in their prime as well later this season.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it was Radzinski's eye, & since he also worked @ the Swan, I'm assuming that he made the edits that were hidden in the Bible.  Why?  I'm not so sure. :-\

Makes me wonder. 
Secret doors and tunnel passages plus an intelligence gathering/defense station.

- A sonic fence is needed to keep it away from the barracks, where the Others (formerly hostiles) lived.
- It seemed to scan Juliet when she was with Kate in the trees.  Eko & Locke too, earlier.
They've already told us that Smokey pre-dates Dharma.  Don't forget that those barracks were originally inhabited by the DI.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it was Radzinski's eye, & since he also worked @ the Swan, I'm assuming that he made the edits that were hidden in the Bible.  Why?  I'm not so sure. :-\

Makes me wonder. 

They've already told us that Smokey pre-dates Dharma.  Don't forget that those barracks were originally inhabited by the DI.

I think it was Mikhail's glass eye. He did only have one eye.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

Makes me wonder. 

The 1st time we saw Patchy, I thought that too, but didn't TPTB tell us that it was Radzinski's eye?  I'm digging, but now I can't find that info! :-\  Maybe I dreamed it! LOL 

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

The 1st time we saw Patchy, I thought that too, but didn't TPTB tell us that it was Radzinski's eye?  I'm digging, but now I can't find that info! :-\  Maybe I dreamed it! LOL 

I always thought that Radzinski was Mikhail. It would explain a lot.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:05:29 AM »
No. His name was Mikhail Bakunin, not Radzinski. I don't think TPTB ever said it was Radzinski's eye. I think people just assumed that because Radzinski made the edits to the Swan orientation video and they were found in the same place. and he did shoot himself in the head, which may cause you to lose you eye.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
I'll have to recant my previous statement, then. :-\  I haven't been able to find the info I was relying on, so I'm convinced that I must have dreamed it.

Damon & Carlton talk to you all in your dreams too, right? ??? :-[ :D