Author Topic: Time Skip  (Read 2257 times)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Time Skip
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 05:38:46 AM »
It's puzzling that Desmond remembered meeting Daniel in a dream. That means that when he met Daniel on the island in season 4 (the whole constant thing) he didn't remember the hatch meeting, which means that the shifters can't really change the past, they can only "induce dreams" into the people they meet. So Ethan would probably not remember meeting Locke.

P.S. How come Locke met with Ethan if it didn't happen in the un-altered time? Is Daniel lying (or misinformed) about the 'things that didn't happen don't hapen' theory or did he do something in those two hours to change it?

I think (as I said in another post) that what the shifters do doesn't really affect the others' lives (so the soldiers won't really die when Locke knifes them). Desmond's dream is the only proof of shifter alteration so far.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
He said Desmond is special because of what had happened to him, and that was why he could do that.

Maybe those soldiers were supposed to be killed by a time traveling Locke, just like Frye is his own Grandfather.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 04:22:45 PM »
I contend that time is shifting, the island is turning and people's noses are bleeding because the Losties have to go back and free Jacob.  When that is done, Ms. Hawking can take off her hood for good.  ;)

Slightly off topic, is but anyone else expecting Ms. Hawking to take her Jedi outfit and hop into the TARDIS?  I swear I can hear the music;)

Oh V, you are the best!  Love that stuff!!!!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
It's puzzling that Desmond remembered meeting Daniel in a dream. That means that when he met Daniel on the island in season 4 (the whole constant thing) he didn't remember the hatch meeting, which means that the shifters can't really change the past, they can only "induce dreams" into the people they meet. So Ethan would probably not remember meeting Locke.

I think that's a clever writer's device, because when Des came out to talk to Dan, he said, "Do I know you??" So that can be interpreted several ways because "Desmond is uniquely and infinitely special". I myself think he said that because of the meeting in Oxford.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »

I think that's a clever writer's device, because when Des came out to talk to Dan, he said, "Do I know you??" So that can be interpreted several ways because "Desmond is uniquely and infinitely special". I myself think he said that because of the meeting in Oxford.

One thing that I was thinking about, was when Faraday got Des to come to the door finally, Des said "are you the one who's been banging on my door for twenty minutes?", which means that he heard Sawyer banging too, but if it never happened, shouldn't Des have not heard the previous knocking. ???

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »

One thing that I was thinking about, was when Faraday got Des to come to the door finally, Des said "are you the one who's been banging on my door for twenty minutes?", which means that he heard Sawyer banging too, but if it never happened, shouldn't Des have not heard the previous knocking. ???

I think the "it never happened" meant that Desmond and Sawyer never met, not the knocking on the door. I mean, if you think about it, maybe the "hostiles" tried getting in there all the time, and they tried the "knock on the door" trick before.