Author Topic: Time shifts may explain the food drop.  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Time shifts may explain the food drop.
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
It's otherwise really difficult to explain why a planeload of DHARMA food drops out of the sky years after they have been purged.

It seems that the wheel would've never been turned since before DHARMA completed The Orchid (how would they get down to it?).
But, if a time distortion happened in the past when a P.R.D. was being dropped OR if it hits the bubble surrounding The Island and gets thrown around in time, that would explain it.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Time shifts may explain the food drop.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »
It's otherwise really difficult to explain why a planeload of DHARMA food drops out of the sky years after they have been purged.

It seems that the wheel would've never been turned since before DHARMA completed The Orchid (how would they get down to it?).
But, if a time distortion happened in the past when a P.R.D. was being dropped OR if it hits the bubble surrounding The Island and gets thrown around in time, that would explain it.

Maybe the cargo plane drops the load at a predetermined location and time somewhere off the coast of California. The island closes the blast doors and teleports to that location to receive the drop and then teleports back. The blast doors then open back up and the inhabitants have no idea they moved.

Offline Will H

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »
Maybe DHARMA are still about we only know that  DHARMA gets purged from the Island and we still dont know why Charles Widmore is after Ben?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »
I agree with the possibility of your idea, Creflo.

I think it's also still possible, however, that Patchy (who I believe was a Dharma crossover like Ben), was maintaining the Dharma front from the Flame.  That would explain why Ben was called hypocritical by Locke, & it could be one of the reasons that Widmore hates Ben so much.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
I agree with the possibility of your idea, Creflo.

I think it's also still possible, however, that Patchy (who I believe was a Dharma crossover like Ben), was maintaining the Dharma front from the Flame.  That would explain why Ben was called hypocritical by Locke, & it could be one of the reasons that Widmore hates Ben so much.

yep - I'll go with that

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
a bigger question is ...... if Dharma didn't build the wheel who did? the others? and when?! and why?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
I'm pretty confident in saying I'm sure Dharma did not build the wheel...
it was the other others...;)

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
Right, Dharma didn't build it, they stumbled upon it. 

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »
a bigger question is ...... if Dharma didn't build the wheel who did? the others? and when?! and why?

It was the inhabitants of the Lost city of Atlantis......Oh I really hope not.

Offline Will H

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
i do think the time shift theroy and the food drops is a good sound theory but we do find out that before the Island or the 815 people start shifting through time, the time deley of the island is a matter of hours and not days, weeks, or years. this is shwown through Dans experiment with the rocket in Series 4.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
whomever built the 4 toed statue.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 01:08:21 PM »
I was just about to say that! And i bet it's THEM that Charlotte is really interested in, not Dharma

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
I was just about to say that! And i bet it's THEM that Charlotte is really interested in, not Dharma
i agree!  she's an archeologist, and i think she's wanting to learn more about the ORIGNIAL inhabitants more than the ones that have been there in the last 50 years or so.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »
i agree!  she's an archeologist, and i think she's wanting to learn more about the ORIGNIAL inhabitants more than the ones that have been there in the last 50 years or so.
I'm with you girls!

& sorry for the thread-jack, Creflo. ;)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
When I think about who might've installed the Frozen Donkey Wheel, I can only think about how much it resembles the kind of wheel you'd see at the helm of, say...an old slave ship?

While I always assumed that someone like Patchy was fooling DHARMA off-island execs into thinking the Initiative is still in control and in need of resupply, there's always the possibility that a 1980ish shipment somehow got timewarped because the bearing was wrong or because The Island was skipping.  Remember how no one heard a plane fly over?