Author Topic: Locke not Knowing Richard  (Read 12236 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Locke not Knowing Richard
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »
AHHH,

THANKS FOR THAT

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
I must say that this is only a theory (with credit also going to Madam P for giving me the vocabulary to define it!)

Don't let me lead you astray if you have other great ideas! lol

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »
Unless the island is also moving, then you can not account for the beechcraft making it that far. How about the Blackrock, did the island pop up underneath it as we all assume? The island is definitely moving around, we just don't know if it moves when the losties time travel. I say no on that one.
The Island is stationary, but since it is dislodged from the timeline, the space it occupies is determined by the position of the earth @ that exact time in history.  (That's the significance of the pendulum in Ms. Hawkings' lab.)  The Island did "pop up" in the path of the Beechcraft, just as it has (or will ;) ) under the Black Rock.

So you agree with my line of thinking?  It hasnt happened yet but will so it is there in the future?

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »
now I dont know why I list two seperate questions in the same post but any thoughts on why richard knows Locke Will come to him in the past, but Desmond did not have that memory until after daniel visited him and he was already in the future?

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
I must say that this is only a theory (with credit also going to Madam P for giving me the vocabulary to define it!)

Don't let me lead you astray if you have other great ideas! lol

My thanks to Madam P also.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
squirt, don't you mean the past ?  I just don't see them doing that because if that's the case , where will it end? If that is the way they are going wouldn't it get so complicated that it wont even be possible to follow? (even more so than it is now?) ESPECIALLY for the casual viewer.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »
squirt, don't you mean the past ?  I just don't see them doing that because if that's the case , where will it end? If that is the way they are going wouldn't it get so complicated that it wont even be possible to follow? (even more so than it is now?) ESPECIALLY for the casual viewer.

you will have to quote me on this.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 05:11:15 PM »
Unless the island is also moving, then you can not account for the beechcraft making it that far. How about the Blackrock, did the island pop up underneath it as we all assume? The island is definitely moving around, we just don't know if it moves when the losties time travel. I say no on that one.
The Island is stationary, but since it is dislodged from the timeline, the space it occupies is determined by the position of the earth @ that exact time in history.  (That's the significance of the pendulum in Ms. Hawkings' lab.)  The Island did "pop up" in the path of the Beechcraft, just as it has (or will ;) ) under the Black Rock.

So you agree with my line of thinking?  It hasnt happened yet but will so it is there in the future?
I do, I do. :)

THAT's what will happen in 70 hours!  Mass aneurysms of LOST viewers around the world! :-[ ::) :D

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
hey,
Why is my nosebleeding?  havent had my nosebleed for years.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 05:15:23 PM »

THAT's what will happen in 70 hours!  Mass aneurysms of LOST viewers around the world! :-[ ::) :D

forget 70 hrs , I think im having one now! lol  :o

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
I dont get how you all dismissed the theory that Richard is a time traveller too... It makes sense... and understandable for Mrs & Mrs Casual Viewer also. He hasn't aged. Thats because in Richard's eyes all the events probably took place in a 12 month period or something. He jumped back in time to find Locke as a baby, to test him, and all the times he's appeared to him on island. Richard interacts with all other charcters too - but obviously has a connection with Locke hence being there at key times, planting seeds or ideas, guiding him through.

And probably been mentioned elsewhere but has to post somewhere..... i have a theory on the whispers... it's the voices of timeshifted people, not quite in the right time...

chew on those then...

Offline Alex2000

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »
I dont get how you all dismissed the theory that Richard is a time traveller too... It makes sense... and understandable for Mrs & Mrs Casual Viewer also. He hasn't aged. Thats because in Richard's eyes all the events probably took place in a 12 month period or something. He jumped back in time to find Locke as a baby, to test him, and all the times he's appeared to him on island. Richard interacts with all other charcters too - but obviously has a connection with Locke hence being there at key times, planting seeds or ideas, guiding him through.

And probably been mentioned elsewhere but has to post somewhere..... i have a theory on the whispers... it's the voices of timeshifted people, not quite in the right time...

chew on those then...

Not really dismissing it. I just think it is unlikely. I just find it hard to believe there is some time machine somewhere on the island that Richard gets into, and hops around time in. It is just too... too cliché. But it is possible I suppose (but I would be disappointed - lazy writing)

I just think it makes a lot more sense, and it is more fitting in keeping with the ambitious LOST storytelling that Richard, and other island "natives", just age a lot more slowly than people off the island... somehow.

Speculation as to why? Well it might not be that Richard and the other "others" are superhumans or something. But just that for them, and other island "natives" time moves differently, so that they appear to never age.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »

chew on those then...

Not really dismissing it. I just think it is unlikely. I just find it hard to believe there is some time machine somewhere on the island that Richard gets into, and hops around time in. It is just too... too cliché. But it is possible I suppose (but I would be disappointed - lazy writing)

I just think it makes a lot more sense, and it is more fitting in keeping with the ambitious LOST storytelling that Richard, and other island "natives", just age a lot more slowly than people off the island... somehow.

Speculation as to why? Well it might not be that Richard and the other "others" are superhumans or something. But just that for them, and other island "natives" time moves differently, so that they appear to never age.

sorry - did you say there is no time machine?? what about Bunny 15?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
Yes! Bunny 15! and Ben wasn't all that surprised to be in a different time when he left the island after turning the wheel either. like it wasn't ' the first time he had time traveled. all he other people are confussed about what is happening to them while Richard is calm. Like an old pro who has done it hundreds of times. I'm with dizzybeckster. we can't dismiss the idea that Richard timed travels.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »
Yes! Bunny 15! and Ben wasn't all that surprised to be in a different time when he left the island after turning the wheel either. like it wasn't ' the first time he had time traveled. all he other people are confussed about what is happening to them while Richard is calm. Like an old pro who has done it hundreds of times. I'm with dizzybeckster. we can't dismiss the idea that Richard timed travels.
thank honey - your lapel badge is in the mail ;)