Author Topic: Oceanic 6.5? What about Ji Yeon?  (Read 1768 times)

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Oceanic 6.5? What about Ji Yeon?
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
I am curious as to the fate of Ji Yeon. Since she was conceived on the island does that make her part of the Oceanic 6 and require Sun bringing Ji Yeon back to the island too? Or since she was born off the island does that make her exempt from Ben's theory that they all have to go back to the island?

We all know Ben is trying his hardest to get Jack, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Kate, Aaron, and Locke's body back to the island to restore whatever it is he's trying to restore. But what about Ji Yeon? The same case could be made for Desmond and even Walt? Who exactly has to return to the island for everything to be ok again? If there is such a thing as 'back to normal' on the island...

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanic 6.5? What about Ji Yeon?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
I think it includes Ji Yeon, and Walt, and Desmond. I'm not so sure about Frank Lapidus, though. It seems like Ben says people can leave the island (Michael and Walt, Kate and Sayid, etc) but the island tends to overrule him. Just before the freighter blew up, Christian appeared to Michael and said he can go now. The island was done with him. Ben let Walt go too, but is the island done with him? The island wants Kate and Sayid back...I can't imagine that the island wouldn't want to retrieve a child conceived on...um...it, the island.....lol

But if Charlotte was born there, she found her way back. If Daniel and Miles were born and/or conceived there, they found their ways back, too. Maybe really EVERYONE needs to go back...that would include Ms. Hawking and everyone in that butcher shop, and Widmore (much to Ben's chagrin, I'm sure). Maybe the island is calling everyone home.

Just a thought.