Author Topic: It wasn't because they (the o6) left....  (Read 3679 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: It wasn't because they (the o6) left....
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »
I think Ben doesn't want Walt to come back, because he is more powerful than Locke and Ben combined, and that is the reason he let Michael leave with him, because Walt is the greatest threat of all.
In the Room 23 mobisode, Ben says that Jacob wanted Walt.  I wonder who made the decision to send him back.  Jacob?  Ben?  Bea?  ???

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
Jacob wanted Locke too, but that didn't stop Ben from putting a bullet thru him.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: So if the Island has started skipping because the 6 left..........
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
.......... how come nothing happened when Walt and Michael left?
Is it only because Ben turned the wheel? And why is it only the Oceanic 6 who have to return, why not Walt?
Appologies if already answered.

Great question!  Why only the 06? Not even Desmond. Only those from the plane that are still alive. except for Walt.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
Maybe the O6 are the ones Ben believes he can manipulate.  Des and Walt and Ji Yeon are out of his circle of influence.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
Seems to me if somebody went down and turned the wheel back a couple notches, that might work too.

I'll bet it doesn't work that way.  Turning the wheel agitates the spooky Island mojo glow and once it reaches full spookitude, the magic just kicks in.  The only way of dialing in specific time/space coordinates is to build a Orchid-type microwave enclosure nearby and fiddle with dials (which are now destroyed).

Offline lola

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »
ben tells richard that he comes from the future.  daniel tells ellie, i'm sure this will happen over and over.  perhaps the 6 have to go back because plans were made (who knows what!) based on having the people from the crash there.  they didn't seem surprised that the plane crashed there, they had spies and got names of who was there.  they knew so much about each passenger (and that's still a mystery of sorts, how they got that info so fast) and didn't seem all that surprised.  maybe they were waiting for the crash, based on stories handed down from the 50s, that people would come from the future, that someone would save them (from what?), that kind of thing?  so maybe they only need the 6 because they were foretold they would be there?

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »
right, like Locke told Richard that he was the new leader in the past so they look for him and make him the new leader, so that he can tell Richard that he is the new leader in the future so they can look for him and make him the new leader in the past .... and Infinity.... . and now he is the new leader. I think this is the way it's happening. but if you ask me this seems more like a loop to me than anything. which came first? !!!! aaaaaah sometimes just when I think I'm getting it I realize I don't got it! lol

(forgive the rambling, it's reeeeally late)