Author Topic: Sawyer's Shirt  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer's Shirt
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
Why the emphasis on him cutting his foot?

Writer's Strike said on another thread that it was because Sawyer's foot was going to get infected and he'd lose a toe and time-warp back 1000 years and the natives will think he's a god and erect a statue to him.   :D

I was bummed out that he was so intent on finding a shirt, I have to say.   ;)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »
Why the emphasis on him cutting his foot?

Writer's Strike said on another thread that it was because Sawyer's foot was going to get infected and he'd lose a toe and time-warp back 1000 years and the natives will think he's a god and erect a statue to him.   :D

I was bummed out that he was so intent on finding a shirt, I have to say.   ;)
That's hilarious!!!

Offline PK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »
It looked like Sawyer stepped on something like a twig or something natural.  If his foot gets infected , then when he jumps into the future, wouldn't the infection become worse? and if he jumps into the past before it happens wouldn't it disappear?
wouldn't the same thing happen with Locke's wound only it will heal because he has been given instructions to take care of it?

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
Some one mentioned that the last time Locke was at the plane he was incapacitated for some reason. He was there last night and was shot....

Is there something in Sawyers back story on the island about him having a limp, or being unable to walk inexplicably?
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »
It looked like Sawyer stepped on something like a twig or something natural.  If his foot gets infected , then when he jumps into the future, wouldn't the infection become worse? and if he jumps into the past before it happens wouldn't it disappear?
wouldn't the same thing happen with Locke's wound only it will heal because he has been given instructions to take care of it?
I don't think Sawyer's foot will change based on which time he's in. After all, John's bullet wound stayed with him even after another time shift happened. I think for these people, they stay "constant" and live in a forward motion personally. The only thing that's changing is their environment around them, with the time shifts.

Also, I assumed that Richard telling Locke that the island will do the rest is just a reminder that people heal faster on the island (Naomi, Locke before, etc.)...

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
Staggerlee,

I was thinking the same thing. I think we need to start a new thread and have others jump in on this thought process. I was discussing with a co-worker and he picked up on what I was going after before I could finish my sentence! I think you are on to something. Thanks for posting before I had a chance.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
Besides the fact that Sawyer wanted to cover up, could there be another reason Sawyer kept trying to find a shirt to put on?

no

ok...you sound quite sure.  Did you write that part of the script or what??!!

why make such a big deal about it then...everything on the show has a purpose.  this just seemed like he was so INTENT on getting a shirt.

Because he did not have one, it would be cold at night. The story went very sci fi this year. They are keeping the ladies around by having sawyer shirtless.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 06:29:13 PM »
Hey now!  Ladies can like sci-fi, too!

But a shirtless Sawyer doesn't hurt.   :D

Some one mentioned that the last time Locke was at the plane he was incapacitated for some reason. He was there last night and was shot....

Very excellent observation.  When he was there with Boone it was just like he suddenly couldn't walk again.  I always thought it was that the island's "healing powers" were wearing off a bit because... I don't know why.  But that's an interesting observation.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:31:57 PM by Madam P »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »
Hey now!  Ladies can like sci-fi, too!

But a shirtless Sawyer doesn't hurt.   :D

That is all I am saying. I wish kate would of lost her shirt for the first hour.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »
I feel for you.  There's always hope.   Maybe she and Sun will get in a chick fight and clothes will be torn.  ;)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »

Is there something in Sawyers back story on the island about him having a limp, or being unable to walk inexplicably?
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8368.msg489886#msg489886

It's been touched on here, but the time stamps seem to indicate that you've seen it in another thread as well.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
I could of sworn You are the someone of which I spake, but did not want to directly quote you as my indolence prohibited me from further investigation (in true Mycroft Holmes fashion...)
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
 :D  & I really don't know anything about anything.  It only occasionally appears so because of my fancy LOSTpedia footwork. ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »
Yeah, Sawyer being shirtless was clearly cheap eye candy for the ladies. It definitely seemed intentional to me and him constantly asking for the shirt seemed like the writers just poking fun at the situation.

Now, the writers just have to find a way for Juliet or Kate to get into a similar predicament.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
I, too, think there was something more to the shirt.  Of all the things to ask Daniel - Sawyer asks for a shirt.  Doesn't sound like something Sawyer would care about.  It really struck me as odd when he said it to Daniel.  Maybe because Sawyer doesn't ask for things - he takes them.