Author Topic: Small observation  (Read 7474 times)

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Small observation
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 04:35:06 AM »
Well that is the cool thing about threads, you can observe all possibilities to who's the client for the lawyers:
1. It's Sun (on her own or w/ Widmore's help)
2. It's Claire's mom (?)
3. It's Hurley b/c he's tired of lying (just made that one up to make my list longer)
4. It's Ben for obvious reasons
5. It was Locke before he made it into the casket?

This will be fun to find out who is making life rough for Kate n Aaron! I have to say in the style of LOST I highly doubt it's Ben.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 07:21:41 AM »
how come no one thinks of the logical answer. its Claire mom that hired the lawyers,

Ahem...

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8315.msg482964#msg482964

:)

yes, i think they have more to do with ben or widmore than with claire's mum.  i mean, would there really be a need for her to even remotely consider that her daughter's baby survived?  maybe she saw the same psychic claire saw.  ;D

Aaron's father, Thomas, knew that Claire was pregnant.

The whole "those lawyers must be a device to make her run back to the Island" train of thought is the most obvious answer - and as such, could be the exact opposite of the truth.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 09:33:09 AM »
Ahh, Mango, providing the requisite amount of logic and proportion....yay....watch out for the red queen!!!!

"The whole "those lawyers must be a device to make her run back to the Island" train of thought is the most obvious answer - and as such, could be the exact opposite of the truth."

That facet of this diamond is one not to lose track of too, so right....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
Its Widmore, possibly working together with Sun.  Although she suspiously shows up in LA and first thing she does is call Kate, remember when she first checked in at the ticket window at the airport (BEFORE being taken aside to meet with Widmore and agreeing to work together) she told the ticket lady she was going to LA.  So she was already going there.

Widmore wants to promote the O6 to return to the island so he can tail them there.  Remember, try as he might he hasn't been able to find the island himself.  But if Ben or Richard or the force is taking them back, he can track them and reach the island, too!

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
Wasn't Sun coming from London? She would fly to N.Y. then to LA and then on to Korea. Maybe thats why she was in LA for a few days. I think she sent the lawyers.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
Sun is ruthless - remember The Glass Ballerina.  I don't buy the whole, "I don't blame you." thing.  I think she blames everyone involved with Jin's death.  I think she is responsible for the lawyers whether it has anything to do with Kate running back to the island or not.

How better to get back at Kate than through Aaron?  Sun asked her point blank what she was willing to do to protect her child. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »
Well that is the cool thing about threads, you can observe all possibilities to who's the client for the lawyers:
1. It's Sun (on her own or w/ Widmore's help)
2. It's Claire's mom (?)
3. It's Hurley b/c he's tired of lying (just made that one up to make my list longer)
4. It's Ben for obvious reasons
5. It was Locke before he made it into the casket?

This will be fun to find out who is making life rough for Kate n Aaron! I have to say in the style of LOST I highly doubt it's Ben.
why couldn't it be jack too.  he knows the truth, and he may be wanting to expose the lie.  he knows kate well enough that she'll run, hence maybe go back to the island.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »
It could be Jack but I don't think it is because he doesn't seem like he's together enough to think that up.  Also he still loves her and I don't think he'd risk her being mad at him if she found out he did it.

Offline I.C.Doan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
One point -- and I'm speaking as a long-time family lawyer -- the scene with the lawyers is legally ridiculous. a.) No judge can order someone to submit to a blood test in a CIVIL MATTER without prior notice to the person against whom the order is sort (that would be 14th amendment violation; it is quite different from a search warrant in a criminal case); b. even if he could, she would have to be served with process by a sheriff or process server and the person asking the court for the order would have to be identified; and c. the party lawyers could collect the blood, as that would make it useless as evidence (no proper chain of custody.) So, if we assume the writers do some minimal research, one would have to think that there is no court order. And that makes sense: anyone who knew Kate would realize that she wouldn't wait to find out the facts, but would just run like a rabbit.
    ON THE OTHER HAND, we saw Kate being prosecuted in California for a crime committed in Iowa which is even more ridiculous.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »
I love the collective consciousness we have on this site!  Thanks for that solid info. :)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »
It could be Claire, who doesn't want Aaron to go back to the island with Kate.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
It could be Claire, who doesn't want Aaron to go back to the island with Kate.
ooohhhh....this gave me goosebumps. ;D

Offline westy185

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »
I.C. Doan - one more thing. Wouldn't a person getting a court order like that have to have some kind of legal standing? Wouldn't that person HAVE to convince the court that he or she was a blood relative, or believed they were a blood relative, and were therefore entitled to rights over the child?

In that case, only Claire's family, Aaron's father, or Jack could have brought this to a judge who would act on it.

Of course in fantasy land, anything is possible. Like you pointed out, the whole scene was unbelievable. I don't know what the procedures are like in California, but in my state, it wouldn't have gone down like that. And why wouldn't Kate call her lawyer right away?

Are the show's writers getting sloppy? Or was lawyer's #2 creepy stare meant to warn the audience to NOT believe what was going on? On repeated viewings, it seems that way to me.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 04:29:26 PM »
I.C. Doan - one more thing. Wouldn't a person getting a court order like that have to have some kind of legal standing? Wouldn't that person HAVE to convince the court that he or she was a blood relative, or believed they were a blood relative, and were therefore entitled to rights over the child?

In that case, only Claire's family, Aaron's father, or Jack could have brought this to a judge who would act on it.

Of course in fantasy land, anything is possible. Like you pointed out, the whole scene was unbelievable. I don't know what the procedures are like in California, but in my state, it wouldn't have gone down like that. And why wouldn't Kate call her lawyer right away?

Are the show's writers getting sloppy? Or was lawyer's #2 creepy stare meant to warn the audience to NOT believe what was going on? On repeated viewings, it seems that way to me.
Right.  Mr. "Associate."  That's a little shady. :-\

Offline I.C.Doan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
Yes, anyone bringing such an action would have to swear to facts that would give them standing, meaning, in this case, a legitimate claim to be a blood relative of the child, and they would have to have at least some reasonable evidence to back that up before a judge would even entertain the action.