Author Topic: Small observation  (Read 7475 times)

Offline rorylando45

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Small observation
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »
Dunno how I notice stuff like this, but you know the scene when the lawyers come to Kate's house? Just as Kate and Aaron are leaving out the front door we saw a framed photograph of Jack and Aaron..in the back is a slide at a playground. I'm pretty sure that's the same slide/playground that we see Juliet's sister at when Mikhail shows Juliet footage in The Flame. Even though that was supposed to be in Miami and Jack/Kate/Aaron are in LA..

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Small observation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
Either way, I think the lawyer and his associate are working for Ben as a means to motivate Kate to run to him for safety.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
Either way, I think the lawyer and his associate are working for Ben as a means to motivate Kate to run to him for safety.
Yep.  Or, at least get Kate believing that she could lose her son if they don't get away.  Ben could present the island as the ultimate "away" so she'd never lose him.

Offline cptncarisma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »
how come no one thinks of the logical answer. its Claire mom that hired the lawyers,

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:27:14 PM »
Yep.  Or, at least get Kate believing that she could lose her son if they don't get away.  Ben could present the island as the ultimate "away" so she'd never lose him.
gotta agree with both

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
I'm entertaining both of those ideas. 

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »
I completely thought the opposite. I think that Sun and Widmore are the one's who hired the lawyers. It is not just a coincidence that all of a sudden Sun happens to be in LA, and calls Kate out of the blue, and then when Kate meets with her all of a sudden Sun is telling Kate that "Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to protect Aaron?".

Kate is Sun and Widmore's Sayid perhaps? The hired gun they can manipulate to do their will. The one who will have unrestricted access to the other Oceanic 6?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
I originally thought Widmore, but the Ben idea is also attractive. I'm leaning more towards Widmore currently, but Ben is a master manipulator...

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
how come no one thinks of the logical answer. its Claire mom that hired the lawyers,

This serves no narrative need really to bring her Mother into it...though whom ever did send them (the lawyers) got what was needed...a Kate and Aaron on the run...
So in that respect it could have been her mom...or it could have been Stu Rosen...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »
I thought it was Widmore at first, but then got to thinking if it was Widmore then he would have sent backup to tail her as she attempted to run from said lawyers...

Also, why did the lawyers leave her? Why could they have not called the sheriff from the front door step? They could stand by and make sure she has no escape route.. .

Whomever sent the lawyers must know that she is good at running/hiding.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
Very true, in the "real" world ( at least the one in my direct immediate area and experiences  ) they would have showed up with the Sheriff to begin with...but of course that does not jibe with t.v. reality....

So the "it was a ruse" angle fits the best....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

This is exactly what I thought after I saw that scene in the previews and also when Jack said Kate wouldn't come and Ben said, "perhaps I can help you with that."  So maybe this was his way of helping drive Kate out.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
Since Sayid's allegiance to Ben has obviously been compromised, are we also assume then that the dart shooting men were Ben's cohorts as well?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
Maybe.  Widmore would want Sayid alive to "try" and torture him for info.  I think the guy staked out at Santa Rosa was Widmore's too.

Offline lola

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 09:41:34 PM »
yes, i think they have more to do with ben or widmore than with claire's mum.  i mean, would there really be a need for her to even remotely consider that her daughter's baby survived?  maybe she saw the same psychic claire saw.  ;D